If you only had 6 months to live..

Etbow23

I guess sometimes we get so caught up with feelings of anxiety & worry that we aren't really doing what we want in life.

If you learned from that you only had say 6 months to live, what would you do before you die?

I know this is sort of a cliché question, but it came into my head today because sometimes I really feel that I am not really living the life I want to live, mostly because I am too afraid to.

I wonder if I knew what the date of my death was, whether my life would be different. Whether I'd whittle it away as sometimes I feel I do now.

Boby

Tough question ...i scratched my head to find anything that i would wana do if i had 6 moths to live and i found nothing ::(: .Probably the only think i would do it's say goodbye to my family and end my live earlier .

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I know this is sort of a cliché question, but it came into my head today because sometimes I really feel that I am not really living the life I want to live, mostly because I am too afraid to.

I know what you mean, Etbow. I feel the same way. It's a question I find difficult answering, to be honest with you - even though we're only talking hypothetically.

But, anyway, here's a few thoughts that came to my mind:

1. Travel the world and visit places I've always wanted to go.

2. Spend more time with my family and appreciate them more.

3. Do some Dimethyltryptamine - even though I'm not a drug user.

4. Be as creative as possible

Last edited:

Gaucho

I sometimes think in some specific moment, that it would be good to know that I only will live for some more time, maybe 2 years or whatever. Because then I would start to live the life in my fullest. Apreciating other people, not being scared in doing new things and even maybe have the courage to speak to girls.

What id like to do if i had 6 months more to live:

-visit as many countries as possible to see other culture and see people of different countries.
-learn the guitar, or something that ill feel good with.
-appreciate the moments with the people i love and who love me. And try to make them happy.

Hoppy

First I'll write a decent testament, making sure all my worldly goods are well disposed of.

Then I'll travel a bit, read a lot and wait. There are nobody who will really miss me, and not many people I will miss.

Edit: I've just remembered I've watched this very soppy love story of people who have cancer and fall in love, Griffin and Phoenix.

So I would also like to have lots of sex with Amanda Peet.

Last edited:

bcsr

First thing I'd do is quit my job, probably by pile driving my manager.
Then I'd run up massive credit card debt traveling and basically doing whatever I felt like at the moment.

Section_31

run up the visa card! it aint gonna matter!!!

hey, if this train is comin off the track then im at least going to enjoy the ride bayah! :D

Feeling_Nothing

Hmmm, tough one, I wouldn't spend too much money because else I leave my family with debts. I think I would take a chance and try to approach a girl I like...
Or kill myself because it doesn't matter if it's 6 months or now then.

I would die feeling extremely miserable knowing that the few people that ever loved me were close relatives who did it out of instinct, and nobody did it because of me being me.

I would spend my ridiculously low savings to travel and at least give a real hug to a couple friends, but I still would die regretting not being able to finish my career and not knowing and doing so many things that I wan to.

Kiwong

I'd probably be stuck in hospital, in an incredible amount of pain, losing control of my bodily functions.

That has been my observation of terminal illness. I choose to live now while I can.

I'd be frozen for the first two months, in strong denial. After that I'd start fighting whatever it is that is killing me within 6 months.

That exactly what I'd do in the remaining 6 months, extend- or better yet; cancel, the deadline. I don't think I'd have the mental capacity to do fun things at all. I've spend a lot of time think about death, and it terrifies me still. ''Not being there'' is a thought I can process.

It literally send me into a paradoxic loop of ''I'd be dead, but I'd return, but that's impossible, but I'd return, but I couldn't...''.

If I don't forcefully stop it, the loop continues until I either get a migraine or throw up.

I'm very aware of how valuable my time on the planet is, and I always spend it in the way I deem is best/most enjoyable.

Imaginary

I know what you mean, Etbow. I feel the same way. It's a question I find difficult answering, to be honest with you - even though we're only talking hypothetically.

But, anyway, here's a few thoughts that came to my mind:

1. Travel the world and visit places I've always wanted to go.

2. Spend more time with my family and appreciate them more.

3. Do some Dimethyltryptamine - even though I'm not a drug user.

4. Be as creative as possible

Same here, n I hope I can find a special person in my life~

anomicdeer

I would just stop doing the things I don't care for. Like the wex program I'm in. Then I would be prepared and say... finally...
or...
just keep doing what I already do and let that day come.

Tomasso

I'd go completely nuts. Try my best to freak people out. Probably do random mean stuff that I never had the chance to do, like dump a cup of Soda all over some girls head. lol.

MikeyC

Since having 6 months to live does not equal having lots of money...probably the same thing I'm doing now.