I have never had a girlfriend in my life

mozart87

I've never even tried to have a girlfriend and I'm 28.

The reason is because I don't believe many women would be interested
in a guy who still lives at home and doesn't have a driver's license.

I've often thought it might be the height of a man that makes him approachable or not. I'm short-ish (5ft9 1/2) and my brothers 6ft2 and never had problems getting women since 14. It's the protector thing I guess. They portray higher mate value.

well you do know these things doesn't count. there a lot of guys in these conditions that don't have problems in having relationships with women.
it's only in your heads

TheManWhoUpholdsHonour

At this point,i'm honestly tired of this topic,I've heard everyone's stories before.The belief that you all are products put here to please other people needs to be abolished.I've never had a girlfriend,i live in a community where 8 year olds are getting lip kisses and 14 year olds get pregnant left and right.It pains to me to see elitist supporting these beliefs,especially if they defend it well.Us SA people are almost looked down upon as badly as gays.

People,sex is a sensation.Caused by temptation.A man sticks his location in a girls destination to increase the population of the next generation.Do you get my explination?Or do you need a demonstration?Because to some,sex is a mental preoccupation and a constant expectation of a physical application which will begin with flirtation and go on to copulation,which may result in impregnation,which may result in termination,or it may lead to frustration.When theres no synchronisation between the partners aspiration,as when one shows a strong inclination while the other indicates negation.Do you agree with my observation?Or do you need a revelation?You see,without a condemnation you will begin a liberation of conteplation inside a realization of a nation brought into civilization by a failed station,do you agree with the revelation?or did I send misinformation?

Richey

I've never even tried to have a girlfriend and I'm 28.

The reason is because I don't believe many women would be interested
in a guy who still lives at home and doesn't have a driver's license.

there is no doubt that this can cause problems, but i think its more an issue of being male, if you met a girl and she lived at home and didn't have a drivers license you wouldn't dismiss her for that because the reason you meet the other person is because there is some spark there, if you are a guy and you lack those important attributes aka (drivers license, own home, steady career, physically fit) at a certain age then its a bit of a road block because girls want security as well as company...its really tough i know but all you need to do is keep trying to work towards the life you want, the main problem is if you stay idle and don't do anything to help yourself, the drivers license issue is easy fixed. you just need to read the book and practice then go for the test...the living at home issue is easy fixed once you get some form of full time work, if you are at school or working casual its much harder i know that...but the initial reasons for meeting someone arn't based on these things at all as they are usually based on personality so you'd be surprised how accepting people can be.

Last edited:

HH

Having all these things will make you more appealing to the opposite sex but don't expect to suddenly find yourself with a girlfriend once you have them. Take me for example, I have a car (been driving for a few years now), a job, and will be moving into my own house soon but yet still no girlfriend. Sorry for the negativity. ::(:

PhantomPod

Yeah, I've never had a boyfriend before and it's quite bothersome sometimes. I'm 22, almost 23.

And I find that a lot of times, if I go out with my co-workers after work, they will talk about their boyfriends or tell stories about their current or past relationships or even talk about their sex life of something. And I'll be sitting there even more quiet than normal because I have nothing to say since I have absolutely no experience in the area of dating or sex. Jeez, I've never even been kissed, never mind having sex! Then I find myself sitting there feeling embarrassed and ashamed and hoping that no one will ask me any questions about my personal life cause it feels like a secret that I'm so innocent in that area.

I find that I have a hard time too, because I am not a typical feminine girl. I'm more "tomboyish" or something. So I always feel insecure too that people just write me off thinking that I'm a lesbian. It just sucks feeling so insecure about my physical appearance. But I don't want to wear a pink dress and grow my hair long just to impress some boy. And, hell, back when I did have long hair and tried to be more "girly," I still didn't get any guys showing interest in me!

I don't know. I feel like I don't put myself out there all that much to actually give myself a chance of meeting people anyway. I really would love to have a boyfriend though. I really would like a nice, shy, innocent type guy though. Not some hot shot who's as handsome as can be, but who's slept around with tons of different woman and who is a big party animal or something.

Social_Monstrosity

Yeah, I've never had a boyfriend before and it's quite bothersome sometimes. I'm 22, almost 23.

And I find that a lot of times, if I go out with my co-workers after work, they will talk about their boyfriends or tell stories about their current or past relationships or even talk about their sex life of something. And I'll be sitting there even more quiet than normal because I have nothing to say since I have absolutely no experience in the area of dating or sex. Jeez, I've never even been kissed, never mind having sex! Then I find myself sitting there feeling embarrassed and ashamed and hoping that no one will ask me any questions about my personal life cause it feels like a secret that I'm so innocent in that area.

I find that I have a hard time too, because I am not a typical feminine girl. I'm more "tomboyish" or something. So I always feel insecure too that people just write me off thinking that I'm a lesbian. It just sucks feeling so insecure about my physical appearance. But I don't want to wear a pink dress and grow my hair long just to impress some boy. And, hell, back when I did have long hair and tried to be more "girly," I still didn't get any guys showing interest in me!

I don't know. I feel like I don't put myself out there all that much to actually give myself a chance of meeting people anyway. I really would love to have a boyfriend though. I really would like a nice, shy, innocent type guy though. Not some hot shot who's as handsome as can be, but who's slept around with tons of different woman and who is a big party animal or something.

Hello beautiful. :D

lyricalliaisons

I'm 28 & in the exact situation. I'm sure I'll still be in that boat 3 years from now. At least with this forum, you know you're not alone. That might be some small comfort :)

beals

I've never had a girlfriend either! I have no problems at all with attracting guys, but I'm a lesbian so I obviously don't want that. At one point I almost had a boyfriend, but I'm not sure if I backed out because I'm gay or because I was too nervous. Probably a combination of both. Let me tell you though, it's twice as hard being gay, and it's three times as hard being gay and having social anxiety.

Cold187um

Im 18, never had a girlfriend, just a one off night with a girl (was amazing :D ) . I really dont know what im doing wrong. I try to dress nice , treat them with respect, keep conversations going but nothing works? Ill soon be 31 aswell with no GF :(

...My brothers been asked out on train platform for god sake by a girl that chatted to him for 10 mins after meeting him, and she made the 1st move...
This has never happened to me and I wonder if I look unaporachable.
Just once in my life a girl invited me over to her house I invited her over
to mine instead as I was home alone (living with folks).
So that was the one time a girl has "made a move" on me.
I was 25 at that time.
Today I am 29.

This has never happened to me and I wonder if I look unapproachable.
Just once in my life a girl invited me over to her house I invited her over
to mine instead as I was home alone (living with folks).
So that was the one time a girl has "made a move" on me.
I was 25 at that time.
Today I am 29.

Actually there has been other times women have made moves on me
but I did not like those women or was not attracted to them.
So what I wrote above was the one and only time a women I was really
into made an obvious move on me.
I must say from a guys point of view I found it faltering and I respect
women who have the guts to do that.

lyricalliaisons

I've never had a girlfriend either! I have no problems at all with attracting guys, but I'm a lesbian so I obviously don't want that. At one point I almost had a boyfriend, but I'm not sure if I backed out because I'm gay or because I was too nervous. Probably a combination of both. Let me tell you though, it's twice as hard being gay, and it's three times as hard being gay and having social anxiety.

I could have almost written that myself lol.

Remus

Staff member
And I'm 40+, kids your age, mental issues but not drunk.

three out of four aint bad, I better get some hard liquor :cool:

Luke1993

funny thread lolzzzzz im 45 , still get chatted up by gals half my age and you know wot im going to sleep now i need sleep zzzzzzzz dont give a **** , ITS PERSONALITY that counts not looks , been there done it ........ so there

So you're chatted up by girls half your age because of your personality? What's your secret? lol

Rexus

I say JUST DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO. If MEDS make you feel better, then TAKE THE MEDS! So what if they're addicting, at least you'll have a life with them. I recently tried to quit klonopin, and at the 1 month time I decided to go back on it, as I realized how much of a HELP it was to my life in general and social life in particular. I'm a different person on it, I have a love for life and everyone, and I sure as hell get girlfriends on it. TAKE THIS ROUTE. Life is too short to not find something that works for you.

lyricalliaisons

I say JUST DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO. If MEDS make you feel better, then TAKE THE MEDS! So what if they're addicting, at least you'll have a life with them. I recently tried to quit klonopin, and at the 1 month time I decided to go back on it, as I realized how much of a HELP it was to my life in general and social life in particular. I'm a different person on it, I have a love for life and everyone, and I sure as hell get girlfriends on it. TAKE THIS ROUTE. Life is too short to not find something that works for you.

I agree with you on that. There's far too big of a stigma against those who take meds for mental illness. If it was for a physical illness, people would be begging you to take it, but when it's for a mental illness, people think you shouldn't be taking it, no matter how much better you do on them than off them.