I don't feel bad, am I evil?

Emma

This person at work bullied me, made up lies about me and screamed in my face and now has been either ignoring me for a month.

She has had a problem with her family today and was crying and I just thought, pfft you deserve it you old cow, is that normal, or am I sadistic?

I feel awful for her family, but not for her, am i an evil bitch?:eek:

DespairSoul

Hey Emma,

Dont worry, u arent evil bitch why u should feel sorrow for someone who was bullying u??
Propably she dont feeled nothing if she did. Then why should be your conscience bad about that what u feelt at that moment. I know isnt nice if some is sad and u are not feeling wishfull that she deserve that, but u wouldnt feel that way if she were nice to you right? Then relax and u arent evil bitch:)

Last edited:

WeirdyMcGee

Sometimes it's hard to feel bad for someone who has shown you no kindness.
I don't think that makes you bad-- we're just people, afterall.

mmmm

Is it the crazy chick you told us about? Don't worry. Maybe one of her invisible relatives got exorcised by mistake. It must leave a void when that happens.

Emma

No, crazy chick is ok just talking to herself, this is the evil bitch one, she goes around picking people out at random to bully, i'm not so forgiving though, i'd probably throw rotten fruit at her if I could, screw how she feels.

But sorry to her family, both for their rough times and for knowing her :rolleyes:

panicsurvivor

Karma is a bitch. She is figuring that out now. No you are not a bad person at all. Just try to remember Karma is a bitch. Don't take pleasure in her pain. It is natural to feel some satifaction but try to move past that. If you can I would try to help her, or at least put out some helpful thoughts. Karma works both ways, and there is a lot to be said for someone who will turn around and try to help someone who has wronged them. Either way just the fact that you asked the question , is an answer to it. No you are not evil.

TheMaegus

Schadenfreude-pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.

There is this guy I know and hate, he's the younger brother of a close friend. He obsessed over and stalked me for years. When he finally accepted I was never going to be with him, he spread crazy lies about me to everyone he knows. So now when I hear about his problems ( over weight, living in a house he can't afford, his wife left for another man, rebound girl dumped him too) it puts a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

JamesSmith

Well, considering people with anxiety problems like us have less chances to enjoy life, I'd say you should enjoy any chance of pleasure you can get. You have the right to enjoy seeing the bully in pain.

krs2snow

I agree w/the poster that talked about karma. It goes both ways. Ur guestion here, in and of itself, implies some sort of guilt or misgivings on ur part about the way u reacted or treated this person- even though u feel she wronged u. It shows that ur conscious of this feeling but is that enough? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. U know what ur comfortable with.

Well, considering people with anxiety problems like us have less chances to enjoy life, I'd say you should enjoy any chance of pleasure you can get. You have the right to enjoy seeing the bully in pain.

It's a mindset like this that can be very infuriating for me. And it's widespread on this site. "We" are not so different from the rest of society. "We" just look for support where it's most useful for us. Exactly the same as pple who are sex addicts, drug users, love addicts, attention whores and whatever else. Everyone in society has a problem. U're no different than anyone else. Ur problem or issue may be different but ur chance to enjoy life is EXACTLY the same. Stop using Social Anxiety to seperate urself from the rest of society. Its tiresome. Ur just another person trying to live ur life. Stop thinking ur so damn different from everyone else and start dealing w/Ur life.

Samson82

First in order to answer your question, I dont think you are evil. I consider myself to be a pretty nice person but there are plenty of situations where a sad situation will happen on the news or in someone elses life and I honestly couldnt care less. I cant fix the situation or help the person so what is the point of me getting upset about it.

JamesSmith

It's a mindset like this that can be very infuriating for me. And it's widespread on this site. "We" are not so different from the rest of society. "We" just look for support where it's most useful for us. Exactly the same as pple who are sex addicts, drug users, love addicts, attention whores and whatever else. Everyone in society has a problem. U're no different than anyone else. Ur problem or issue may be different but ur chance to enjoy life is EXACTLY the same. Stop using Social Anxiety to seperate urself from the rest of society. Its tiresome. Ur just another person trying to live ur life. Stop thinking ur so damn different from everyone else and start dealing w/Ur life.

The first step to recovery in any rehabilitation program is recognizing you have a problem and accepting that you have a problem. It's okay to say that we are different. If I never thought I was different than most people I'd be lying to myself. If I was lying to myself like you want me to do, then I would actually feel bad, but something that gives me comfort is understanding that I'm different. I used to feel so bad when I thought I was like everyone else because I thought I was just weaker than everyone else and I thought I was making the choice to not want to be around people. I actually thought I was a failure. Now, I know I'm not a failure, I just have an anxiety disorder. So no, I don't really feel like lying to myself. I'm going to keep calling myself different, because I am. If I never understood I was different, I'd never make an effort to get better, which is my main goal right now, to get better.

Madix

what I have learned thru my life experience is that typically ppl dont care. but thats the beauty of it...you dont have to care either. you have yourself to worry about, not some crazy lazy barking at you...seriously I'd be like screw that bitch. but im a crazy individual so my moral standards are different. but seriously dont trip about it...your the top dog in your world. and nobody can take that away. keep on!

Feathers

Hmm, I'm with the people who speak of karma - what goes around, comes around (though sometimes in unforseen ways)... What you give out to the Universe, may come back to you... (which the lady at work may have been experiencing already..) Maybe her being a bully has to do with home situation too.. People who are generally happy with life and themselves usually don't go around bullying other people..

It's okay to be furious and angry if someone behaves in inappropriate ways to you, it's okay to protect yourself and be assertive and do constructive problem solving if possible... If the person has problems, it's kinda 'natural' and only human, to think something like 'well, serves her right'... to call people 'crazy bitch' or such, seems offensive though.. and it is good to raise yourself above her level..

James, it's okay to acknowledge anxiety disorder, it's not a very good idea to 'hide' behind it, though.. Dividing people into 'them' and 'us' can quickly lead to even more misunderstandings and things like one group feeling superior over the other.. Yes, bullies have a problem too, sometimes even bigger problem than the 'victims' - they may get fired for their behaviour too, and their personal relationships may suffer.. Maybe it's good to remember that it's just different 'defense mechanisms' - it's not the real 'you' or 'them' - in the same threatening situation, some people may go shy/depressed, while some may go 'aggressive'.. Also, people are not just 'good' or 'bad/evil', there are tons of different shades of grey and all colors inbetween..

Both may need to learn better ways of communication, I recommend the book Dealing with Difficult People.. It's easy to fall into the 'accusation' trap, if one needs to work with this person, it's better to find some tips how to work with them in more constructive ways... There are work bullying support websites too, communication workshops, maybe even personal coaches or such..
Some schools have anti-bullying programs & policies, I hope some businesses too??

Emma

Actually Santa just rewarded me with a cookie maker and her going on leave for a week, he must love me.::p:

da_illest101

evil or not I agree with what you thought. I would have done the same thing but i would have probably told her that instead of just thinking it

Cynic

This person at work bullied me, made up lies about me and screamed in my face and now has been either ignoring me for a month.

She has had a problem with her family today and was crying and I just thought, pfft you deserve it you old cow, is that normal, or am I sadistic?
No, it seems normal to me. If you were having a breakdown, no doubt she, and plenty of others would happilly kick you.