how many times do you cry during the week?

How many times do you cry during the week

• once

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • more then five times

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • more then ten times

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I dont know

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • so many times I can't answer

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • none/rarely

Votes: 44 50.0%

• Total voters

Kiwong

I am a real man and I cry. I probably cry once a week.

There have been a couple of times most recently in July this year when I had a breakdown that I cried for days on end.

This crying was more like coughing up a blind pain that physically hurt. Afterwards my whole body was sore particulary my stomach and ribs and I was shaking, such was my fear of facing a certain situation. This crying wan't about sadness or happiness, it was about intense pain and fear getting too much for me.

I almost never cry apart from the toddler years. The times when I'm too stressed, I usually don't sleep at all and can't cry even if I want to. My eyes feel like absolutely dry due to lack of sleep. Sometimes I start laughing and being very cheerful outwardly when I'm REALLY down.

When I can sleep though, I usually can handle a fair amount of stress so I don't feel that down.

Remus

Staff member
There needs to be a "none" option. I was raised by parents/society/myself to bottle up tears. Im a guy :S

Just added it, I barely ever cry, was like that as a kid too (not a macho thing), I think that's not a great thing, only thing that gets me going is soppy movies or books!

Ignace

Picked the last option. Last time I cried was billions of years ago.:confused: Does that mean I'm emotionally useless ?

schist

I don't. I've become inured to all the crap I've had to endure over the years, so much so that almost nothing overtly upsets me anymore.

Minty

More like a couple days a month. Not a week. I used to cry weekly when I was depressed in middle/high school.

I was also brought up being told crying is a weakness, so I do it alone. I can't stand having people try to console me when I'm crying.

DespairSoul

Yes i do i cry often and later im so tired of that. If i face some situation what hurts me then later i go home and cry this out. I cry like a sea turtle (i dont know if they cry but just i like metaforas). This headache and hurting eyes after really not worth it of crying but im to emotional hypersensitive. Sometimes i give up with crying for some time but time is not long lasting. Isnt shame cry but better for you and body is if u smile more. As crying make u exhausted if is to much. Sometimes is good to let it go trought crying out but not to much. I can call me tearsoul maybe because i think a lot of people cant beat me trought whole theirs lives because they really cry rarely will be great if could be more stoned for tears. My answer is i cry sometimes 5 times per week and sometimes 2 times per 14 days but more i tend to this first case.

Felgen

I am a real man and I cry. I probably cry once a week.

There have been a couple of times most recently in July this year when I had a breakdown that I cried for days on end.

This crying was more like coughing up a blind pain that physically hurt. Afterwards my whole body was sore particulary my stomach and ribs and I was shaking, such was my fear of facing a certain situation. This crying wan't about sadness or happiness, it was about intense pain and fear getting too much for me.

Who's a real man and who isn't is besides the point. I was raised in a conservative (albeit non-religious) culture--which is why I cry very rarely.

I cried the first time I watched Turner & Hooch, though... :D

Luke1993

Well I'm going to sound like a complete pussy here.... but I used to cry every day. I just found life so difficult, everybody else looked like they were living full lives and knew what they were doing. In school I was bullied a lot, often I would cry in the toilets. Not very manly at all...

Moving on to college, the bullying had stopped but the course I was on did me no favours, I was dumb and lonely. Every day I came home and just cried into my pillow. It became a daily routine, like brushing my teeth! That was December 2009 (I've just realised that was a year ago, wow time has flown by!) since then I've changed college courses and made lots of other little adjustments so I'm happier. Now I cry very rarely, and I hope it stays that way!

Last edited:

Kinetik

I would say a couple times a year. Usually I'm pretty self-contained, but occasionally I crack and lose it.

Kiwong

Who's a real man and who isn't is besides the point. I was raised in a conservative (albeit non-religious) culture--which is why I cry very rarely.

I cried the first time I watched Turner & Hooch, though... :D

It isn't besides the point all men are real whether they cry or not.

N0D

Banned
what sort of crying are we talking about? I occasionally let a few go for basically no reason but only very rarely do my bottled up feelings finally burst and i end up balling to the point that I can't breath.