how many times do you cry during the week?

How many times do you cry during the week

• once

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • more then five times

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • more then ten times

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I dont know

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • so many times I can't answer

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • none/rarely

Votes: 44 50.0%

• Total voters

Blaze

Today was full of tears, I'm not afraid to admit I cry. I was "brought up" with the same mentality coming from my father, but I don't buy into his rhetoric. I feel it's good to let out your emotion in tears, rather than keeping it bottled up or releasing it aggressively.

los77

los what do you mean by that?
well nothing really, I've just been listening to System of a Down lately.

So now referring to your topic, I hardly ever cry. I don't think it's a sign of weakness or think anything negative of it, I just almost never get the urge to cry. I did cry a good amount last year though when I lost someone dear to me.

lunarla

It changes from week to week, of course. I can usually control my emotions fairly well, now knowing what can set me off. If I don't get very much sleep/good sleep/stay up waaaaay, waaaaaaaay too late, there's basically no doubt that I will end up a sobbing, hopeless mess. And then I literally can't sleep and it just escalates. In some cases, until I have to take something to actually just put me out. And then I wake up and feel practically perfectly fine, just sort of bewildered by the previous night. Those instances don't happen tooooo often. Well, lately they have more frequently for whatever reason, but otherwise, probably about once a month when I let myself get too out of hand emotionally.

Lots of stuff outside of myself, and my own emotional state, does affect me greatly though. Earlier today I teared up while watching some show. But I don't really count that as crying. Just a normal, rational occurrence, really.

UnOccupied

I answered none. It is a real problem for me, i honestly don't know how to cry. It is connected to my challenge with connecting with and accepting, and healthily letting out my feelings.

How do those of you who cry, cry?

I feel it is much better to cry a few times a week, or get angry sometimes, than do what i do which is bottle everything up, and try to focus on other things. It has just become such a habit over my life that i don't even think about showing emotion now, i just bottle it all up.

lilymartens

Before I started taking meds (Cipralex, Ketilept), I would cry all the time. Even the smallest things would make me cry.

I get choked up quite often, usually over sentimental movie scenes or real-life stories eg brother and sister meet after being separated 50 years ago; dog rescues a cat from cement mixer (made that up)- that sort of thing. Otherwise its a good cry now and then when I'm alone and I need it

Danfalc

Banned
I think i have forgot how to cry. I have not cried for over a year now just too numb >.< Wish I could it's a good emotional release.