How many friends (online and offline) do YOU have?

Offline? None really... a few "work" friends, but none that I see or talk to outside of working on the same shift.

Online- A small handful, but only 2 that I really send messages to on a regular basis. One I've met in real life, and the other I'd love to meet, but I'm sure it will never happen.

twiggle

I have lots of friends but I often feel so alone because of the way I think and how much I worry.

I'm trying to sort myself out so that I can be better company and a better friend to people who mean so much to me.

I also have a few online friends from old websites like Audiogalaxy who I chatted about music with etc

HeadFace

In offlineworld - many acquaintences through work/classes and parents of friends of the kids. Only one or two of these would be nearing what I think of as friendship. I generally don't like to get close to people in RL, I don't know why. I have no friendships remaining from school days.

In onlineworld - a good handful of friends, all in spw and interestingly a high proportion with AvPD; online friendships seem better suited to me, maybe because its where other introverts hang out. :)
Yeah, to be honest I think I'm starting to develop trust issues. Like I'm too afraid to meet new people or even make new friends. People always leave. People always **** me over.

I have lots of friends but I often feel so alone because of the way I think and how much I worry.

I'm trying to sort myself out so that I can be better company and a better friend to people who mean so much to me.

I also have a few online friends from old websites like Audiogalaxy who I chatted about music with etc

Nah, I know what you mean sadly. I have people who tell me who "important" I am but I never know if they mean it, and they usually dont. They end up just not talking to me for a long period of time.

eternalnewb

Offline I don't have any real friends, I have 2 work friends but I don't see them outside of work and I don't have any online friends.

LadyWench

Online? A few. There are some people that I feel I'm pretty close to. Well, as close as you can get to someone via Internet. I'm quite fond of 'em, though.

Offline? Zero. Sometimes I'll get to spend some time with my boyfriend's younger sister, but that's only if she has nothing else to do and her other friends are busy. Aside from that, I don't have any real life friends. Pretty pathetic.

Nanita

I have probably 2 friends, though I don´t live near them now.

I have probably 4 people that I used to be friends with, now I don´t really know what to call them, we are still in contact, but I couldn´t call them just to chat or if I wanted company.

Then I have a sister, and her 3 kids, and I consider them a big part of my "social life..."

Steppen-Wolf

Offline: "friends" on the most basic sense of the word, no one that I could really count on, maybe 6 or 7.

Online: maybe some 5 or 6, but I don't talk much with them.

nicole1

Tons on and off. I've accumulated them... If I have to put an actual number, like irl, 30 +. My brother is social, and most of my friends are as well, so through them I meet more people. And some on my jobs and at school b/c some just like how I think or recognize me from classes we've shared...
Online, enough... I can't keep count. Some stay, some are passing.

at least u have 1 close friends, 2 is even better. alot of people dont even have 1 close friends, or friends at all. and thats me. i have no friends at all. all the people on my facebook are just someone i know. we not friends at all.

D

deleted user 1

I used to be on msn regularly, but since mid 2006, I stopped talking to most people online. but for another forum I was a regular on. But since mid 2006, no friends.

xMonkeyx

i'm so embarrassed to talk about all this,but i really want to... i have 16 friends on facebook, 7 are family and the rest are not even people i see anymore. i try to do stuff with them but everyone has their own stuff going on, own friends and are too busy to hangout with boring ol' me. when it comes down to it i would say i have no real friends only a few people i "know". i think i am just hard to like, i try, i think im a nice person and have been told that but there seems to be something people just dont like. so i sit here on my couch with my cat 7 days a week and ive never felt so lonely in my life.

Tiercel

Not counting relatives, I have 5 guys I often hang out with in real life. Online I have tens of friends on lists.

But I'm so darned quiet and passive that I usually don't get past the initial introductions.

In my mind's ears, there's Niccolo, Jimi, Yngwie, Dave, Peter, Hansi, Till....

:rolleyes:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
RL - 1

OL - 5

Just the way I like it. :D

Seriously though, the older I get, the more I see that for me, more friends and acquaintances just means more headaches.

whattodo1

I have 5 best friends and 9 close friends. The rest of the people I know are pretty much just aquaintances. and then there is my mother, brother and sister who I am very close with (don't they count as friends :) )
I have no online friends

Luke1993

Offline? Zero. Sometimes I'll get to spend some time with my boyfriend's younger sister, but that's only if she has nothing else to do and her other friends are busy. Aside from that, I don't have any real life friends. Pretty pathetic.

I'd count your boyfriend as a friend :D

Offline still a zero, but online boy I have made progress! Mostly through the msn chat.

Snowbal

I've got 2 really close friend (one is my cousin and the other one is my sister). I'm really glad i have them but i'm extremely scared i will lose them. Even thinking about it makes me wanna cry. I'm scared they will get tired of me and my problems..