How are you feeling?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
RIP Sean... ya absolute legend. 😔
Sean Connery: James Bond actor dies aged 90 - BBC News

MV5BMzcwNTM4MzctYjQzMi00NTA2LTljYWItNTYzNmE1MTYxN2RlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDI2NDg0NQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR152,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Miserum

Something happened to Bush when he got the nomination. Up until that point he was a very relaxed, easy conversationalist. But once he was the front-runner and eventually became president, it was like all of a sudden he needed a wheelchair ramp from his brain to his mouth. :LOL:
Sounds very familiar. Whenever I feel pressured in IRL conversation, I end up sounding foolish probably 75% of the time. It's like I can't organize my thoughts and they all come out silly.

I have no idea how Bush was before the presidency, probably because I was a kid, but I believe you.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Really.. really pissed off 🤬

I ordered 2 things off of Facebook 'online shops' as Xmas presents for people I really care about, and I've just found out that they are both fraudulent web sites.. based in (surprise surprises) China. So bye bye $150..

I reported the sites to FB but so have a heap of other people. FB doesn't give a shit about fraudulent sites. They only care about money.
In the end, what can I do? Nothing it seems.. I wont be buying through FB ever again thats for sure. F*ck you Zuckerberg.

I sent a final email to the 'support team' saying:
'oh I see, you're scammers. Well done, you got me.. enjoy my $150.. I hope you c*nts get the f*ck bombed out of you soon and you all f*cking die a painful death.'

I know it doesn't make a difference, but still.. it made me feel a little better... :p.

Last edited:

LoyalXenite

Really.. really pissed off 🤬

I ordered 2 things off of Facebook 'online shops' as Xmas presents for people I really care about, and I've just found out that they are both fraudulent web sites.. based in (surprise surprises) China. So bye bye $150..

I reported the sites to FB but so have a heap of other people. FB doesn't give a shit about fraudulent sites. They only care about money.
In the end, what can I do? Nothing it seems.. I wont be buying through FB ever again thats for sure. F*ck you Zuckerberg.

I sent a final email to the 'support team' saying:
'oh I see, you're scammers. Well done, you got me.. enjoy my $150.. I hope you c*nts get the f*ck bombed out of you soon and you all f*cking die a painful death.'

I know it doesn't make a difference, but still.. it made me feel a little better... :p.

If you paid through paypal you can usually get the money back, file a dispute. If you paid by card go in to your bank and explain and they might be able to get your money back.

My mother got scammed through fb recently, I always tell her check the reviews, check how many likes the page has, google the name to see reviews that arent on their own page and easily cherrypicked and faked.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
If you paid through paypal you can usually get the money back, file a dispute. If you paid by card go in to your bank and explain and they might be able to get your money back.

My mother got scammed through fb recently, I always tell her check the reviews, check how many likes the page has, google the name to see reviews that arent on their own page and easily cherrypicked and faked.
I can't recall if I paid through PayPal.. I might have? I'll have to check it out. 👍
As far as buying off/through FB, I'm done. If FB can't be bothered removing fraudulent sites, then I'm not going to gamble buying through them. They can get stuffed 😁

Phoenixx

I can't recall if I paid through PayPal.. I might have? I'll have to check it out. 👍
As far as buying off/through FB, I'm done. If FB can't be bothered removing fraudulent sites, then I'm not going to gamble buying through them. They can get stuffed 😁
Just FYI, there are actually some FB groups that you can join that have loads of info regarding scams sites, FB scams, what to do if you are scammed, and also shared experiences and shared sites that are legit and safe. I am part of one that's really good, keeps up to date. I don't post, but I lurk often especially if I want to check out a new site to purchase from but aren't quite sure of the legitimacy or how good their products are. It's not just FB anymore either to be wary of. Amazon has been horrendous with a lot of fake, cheap Chinese products too.

SilentAndShy

Demoralised. My colleague, who is around 20 years of age, is leaving for a new job soon with a salary that isn't far off mine. I'm 34 and have been in my role for six years.

I want to earn more (not because I'm struggling financially) but I feel a sense of injustice that BAME are paid less than their white counterparts and it feels like the salary I have is a great deal for the company, rather than me. I do loads for the money, but I know I won't get paid more as a) we're in the period of efficiency savings and b) I failed myself when I didn't negotiate more when I had the chance two years ago.

When I look for new jobs, I look at the job description and the fear of being found out in a new environment, amongst contemporaries so confident and comfortable in what they do frightens me. And plus for the jobs I've applied for over the last 18 months, I've never had a response so makes me think I'm not that good.

I'm comfortable where I am even though the office politics grates me at times and my manager is an individual focused on his own resume building and imagery than the team.

So yeah, just feel low at the moment and unmotivated to work this afternoon after hearing that news.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
It's difficult to say, really. Sad. Frustrated. Pissed off. All of the aforementioned? To be honest, I'd rather not feel anything than have to endure another fuckin' lecture fae muh family aboot how I shouldn't feel the way I do, whenever I speak up. ☹️

Nevermind that, yesterday, in response to me asking my mother if she actually listens to me — after I got annoyed at her for feigning that she couldn't remember something I just told — she says: "Ah think ah might huv Alzheimers". 😔

And I don't know if she's being legit, or if this is another one of those "Oh, ah didnae mean it!" situations (there's been many over the years). Done just to mess with me, and keep me from moving out. Because it's always been my responsibility to take care of her.