How are you feeling?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
ROUGHER.

I went to the store as one of my errands and decided to buy a BIG bag of dog food, spend the extra money this week in order to save money for the month. I got home, lugged it inside, and ripped it open. As soon as the "aroma" hit my nose I knew it was the wrong flavor. I accidentally bought the lamb stuff instead of the chicken, which is the only flavor of food Gus will eat... in this case I don't blame him, it smelled like burnt car tires. :( I couldn't believe it was even the same brand of kibble. Fortunately, I always get him a big roll of Chicken "Fresh Pet" so he's also got that, which he prefers anyway. I just like to cut it with the dry food to make it stretch.

But to think I blew fifteen bucks like that, when things are so damn tight just makes me want to roll-up like a pill-bug and call it a year.

I also went by my mom's and got my head blown-off over semantics, but what else is new? :LOL:

mama.gif

Phoenixx

ROUGHER.

I went to the store as one of my errands and decided to buy a BIG bag of dog food, spend the extra money this week in order to save money for the month. I got home, lugged it inside, and ripped it open. As soon as the "aroma" hit my nose I knew it was the wrong flavor. I accidentally bought the lamb stuff instead of the chicken, which is the only flavor of food Gus will eat... in this case I don't blame him, it smelled like burnt car tires. :( I couldn't believe it was even the same brand of kibble. Fortunately, I always get him a big roll of Chicken "Fresh Pet" so he's also got that, which he prefers anyway. I just like to cut it with the dry food to make it stretch.

But to think I blew fifteen bucks like that, when things are so damn tight just makes me want to roll-up like a pill-bug and call it a year.
This is probably a long shot, but maybe you could tape it and try to sell it via FB or something and explain what happened? "Bought wrong food, my picky spoiled 4-legged furry king won't eat and demands only the poultriest of flavors, accidentally ripped it open so I cannot return. Please help this poor humble servant and take it off my hands for $10 so the king may forgive me."

Or maybe you could donate it to your nearest shelter? :unsure:

FountainandFairfax

This is probably a long shot, but maybe you could tape it and try to sell it via FB or something and explain what happened? "Bought wrong food, my picky spoiled 4-legged furry king won't eat and demands only the poultriest of flavors, accidentally ripped it open so I cannot return. Please help this poor humble servant and take it off my hands for $10 so the king may forgive me."

Or maybe you could donate it to your nearest shelter? :unsure:

Thanks.

I'll definitely either donate it to a shelter or give it to an acquaintance. It's budget premium kibble, so while it's not quite Blue Wilderness, it's still better than what most people around here probably feed their dogs. It shouldn't be hard to shed... I'd give it to one of my neighbors, but they all think I'm Ted Kaczynski.

"Poultriest." :LOL:

LoyalXenite

ROUGHER.

I also went by my mom's and got my head blown-off over semantics, but what else is new? :LOL:

mama.gif

Ive been very lucky in that my dogs have never, and i mean never, turned their nose up at food. Theyve even eaten lettuce when its fallen from my plate xD

Phoenixx

Tired. Had to be up early today to take my girl first thing to the vet for her spay. Unfortunately I got a call later that she didn't take too kindly to their male veterinarian. I didn't even realize he was in today or that he was conducting the surgery because my estimate was under the other (female) vet's name so I assumed she would be doing the surgery, plus I've never met this guy and he's the only male in the whole practice. Had I known, I would have warned them about her caution with men. (Athough I did mention she was a bit anxious/riled this morning because I think she knew something was up and I think she was a bit scared.) She doesn't hate all men, but I've noticed it's mostly larger, more intimidating men she absolutely does not like and I'm not totally sure if I can break that. Anywho, they weren't insulted and no one got hurt thankfully (I'm thinking she growled and barked at him, she's never bitten anyone before), and they didn't have too much trouble with her prepping for surgery. I feel bad, but nothing I can really do. I'm just glad surgery went well and she'll be ready to pickup this evening.

FountainandFairfax

Tired. Had to be up early today to take my girl first thing to the vet for her spay. Unfortunately I got a call later that she didn't take too kindly to their male veterinarian. I didn't even realize he was in today or that he was conducting the surgery because my estimate was under the other (female) vet's name so I assumed she would be doing the surgery, plus I've never met this guy and he's the only male in the whole practice. Had I known, I would have warned them about her caution with men. (Athough I did mention she was a bit anxious/riled this morning because I think she knew something was up and I think she was a bit scared.) She doesn't hate all men, but I've noticed it's mostly larger, more intimidating men she absolutely does not like and I'm not totally sure if I can break that. Anywho, they weren't insulted and no one got hurt thankfully (I'm thinking she growled and barked at him, she's never bitten anyone before), and they didn't have too much trouble with her prepping for surgery. I feel bad, but nothing I can really do. I'm just glad surgery went well and she'll be ready to pickup this evening.

My vet's office has about 6 different doctors, and I hate how they always just hand-off Gus to whoever's free. Sorry your girl had a rough time, but at least she's out of surgery and coming back home to mama.

Phoenixx

My vet's office has about 6 different doctors, and I hate how they always just hand-off Gus to whoever's free. Sorry your girl had a rough time, but at least she's out of surgery and coming back home to mama.
This. I understand things can be tough sometimes with availability, but animals like consistency. Especially anxious ones. While my girl isn't the anxious type usually, she is rambunctious and always keeps aware of her surroundings since she is a German Shepherd. The different routine threw her off this morning I think, plus surrounded by people she doesn't know well, so as soon as she saw someone that intimidated her she was ready to defend herself. Aside from her dislike of certain men, she's great with other people. Adores children, loves meeting other dogs, and never has that attitude with women either.

Phoenixx

I am dragging today. This week is catching up to me. I've been so busy the last few days, after not being so busy for a while. I cancelled plans on a friend today, just because I'm so tired and still have so much to do and honestly all I want to do is sleep and start playing Stardew Valley. Our plans were kinda ruined by the weather anyways, so I don't feel too bad about it. I'll reschedule with her for next week sometime. In the meantime I have got to get my mile-long to-do list done before anything else.

Phoenixx

Pissed off. Had my mom over today and she gave me some old kitchen stuff I wanted and she was teaching me how to use a pressure canner. I planned this, but what pisses me off is whenever she comes here with anything she just dumps it wherever and I have to sort through it and put everything away, meanwhile as I'm trying to do that we're moving onto the next thing and she's trying to converse at the same time. It's so incredibly overwhelming and it's hard to keep track of what I'm even doing. She made such a mess in my kitchen today between her teaching and also eating her lunch and leaving dirty dishes all over the counter instead of putting it in the dishwasher, then she left without even helping put away or clean up. My kitchen wasn't perfect when she arrived, as I still had a few dirty pans I didn't get a chance to clean because I've been so busy the last few days, but it was at least half decent. So by the time she left it looked like a bomb went off that I had to clean up by myself. I've been living on my own for 6 years now and I still don't receive respect in my own space. It aggravates me so much and if I even try to tell her about it I'll just get some excuse about how she had to leave or she couldn't stand long to help clean or I'll be told I'm being rude if I get pissed about it and tell her off. :rolleyes:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Well, that's things back to normal. Back to me being ignored, and having how I feel completely undermined and dismissed as invalid. Back to being miserable. As usual, it's me who's being an arse for asking if it's awrite if my nieces don't visit today, cuz f__k need a rest for a few days, right? :mad:

FountainandFairfax

The vet put Gusto on Prednisone last checkup because he had an itchy patch of skin, and man... does it make him eat! He's gained 3 pounds, 1/10 of his body-weight, in just a couple of weeks. He took the last pill Saturday so it should go back to normal soon... it better, he's eating a hole in my wallet. XD

LoyalXenite

The vet put Gusto on Prednisone last checkup because he had an itchy patch of skin, and man... does it make him eat! He's gained 3 pounds, 1/10 of his body-weight, in just a couple of weeks. He took the last pill Saturday so it should go back to normal soon... it better, he's eating a hole in my wallet. XD

If it happens again you could ask the vet for a script for neocort, its a steroid cream that works wonders on my girls (one is VERY prone to rashes) but doesnt increase her appetite in any noticeable way

Phoenixx

If it happens again you could ask the vet for a script for neocort, its a steroid cream that works wonders on my girls (one is VERY prone to rashes) but doesnt increase her appetite in any noticeable way
Was about to suggest this too. Prednisone is nice, but yeah it can increase appetite and thus weight gain. Fountain, do you know what caused the itchy patch? Was it an allergy or maybe just a bug bite? Growing up, I had a dog allergic to fleas and red dye. If he ever got in contact with it he'd itch terribly. We always gave benadryl and a soothing bath with no harsh soaps and a follow up of a little coconut oil to help the itchiness. Might be an option if you're ever on a tight budget. Of course talk to your vet depending on his itchiness or what it's from. :)

FountainandFairfax

Was about to suggest this too. Prednisone is nice, but yeah it can increase appetite and thus weight gain. Fountain, do you know what caused the itchy patch? Was it an allergy or maybe just a bug bite? Growing up, I had a dog allergic to fleas and red dye. If he ever got in contact with it he'd itch terribly. We always gave benadryl and a soothing bath with no harsh soaps and a follow up of a little coconut oil to help the itchiness. Might be an option if you're ever on a tight budget. Of course talk to your vet depending on his itchiness or what it's from. :)

Thanks, Phoenixx. :)

It was fleas.

His NexGard ran-out because I didn't realize the vet's office was backed-up two weeks due to Covid. During that two week gap, the fleas had a ball with my little buddy. I bathed him as much as the flea and tick shampoo would allow, but around here, those over-the-counter shampoos are virtually worthless.