How are you feeling?

Phoenixx

I've been feeling better the last couple of days. Got some things done I've been itching to do that initially I thought I couldn't do. (thanks anxiety) I also have a meetup thing scheduled for next week with a potential employer. I'm slightly freaking out about it because I have no idea what to wear, but equally excited.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I've been feeling better the last couple of days. Got some things done I've been itching to do that initially I thought I couldn't do. (thanks anxiety) I also have a meetup thing scheduled for next week with a potential employer. I'm slightly freaking out about it because I have no idea what to wear, but equally excited.
Get their attention, wear nothing!

memorex

Feeling pretty shocking and badly treated. Tried contacting a therapist I'd seen for a first session some time back who I agreed to work with, but was then told by her she had to take time out due to family problems. When I spoke to her yesterday she told me I'd said I 'never want to work with her' (obviously untrue), and though I stayed calm and assumed she had just made an error, she was incredibly passive aggressive. When I offered to look through my emails to confirm she was mistaken she said 'I dont see how we can work together as this is off to a very bad start and there shouldnt be any trying to prove people wrong with emails'. So by trying to simply prove myself, I got blackballed, and if I didnt, I got blackballed.

I wouldnt mind so much but I've had so many similar bad experiences with therapists in my town. So many frauds and charlatans and people who contradict each other and 'know' they are right and the rest wrong etc.

All I want is someone I can share some of my troubled past with in a safe confidential setting and be listened to, face to face, over a few weeks while I build up the courage to speak of it all.....

So yeah. I feel literally battered and bruised and exhausted and pretty alone.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Another day, another argument. Another sleepless night. And, as per usual, nothing’s going right for me for the most part.

I’d say I’m depressed, but ah think I’m beyond that now. I’m more angry than anything else, actually. But am never allowed to articulate that emotion verbal in my family. Since I become “just like ma Dad” whenever I do. Then again, you’d hardly dare speak in my family, cuz you’ve usually done summit wrong or upset somebody by open yer gob and asking a question.

The past 2 years of my life and my mother’s life huv been utterly $…!%*. Yet, I get f…kin’ laugh at when I answer the question: “What wrong?” In a matter-of-fact, “Nae fuckin’ aboot — this is how it is” straightforward manner. Cuz being miserable as f…k and depressed to the point where yer contemplating yer ain death is funny, right? It’s funny how the disabled, “useless waste o’ space” is the only c…nt actually try to be proactive and just get on with life despite the $h!tty circumstances, innit?! :mad:

And y’know, I do absolutely feck all. So, ah guess I’ve got an excuse for not spending Christmas with ma family this year?

LoyalXenite

Feeling pretty shocking and badly treated. Tried contacting a therapist I'd seen for a first session some time back who I agreed to work with, but was then told by her she had to take time out due to family problems. When I spoke to her yesterday she told me I'd said I 'never want to work with her' (obviously untrue), and though I stayed calm and assumed she had just made an error, she was incredibly passive aggressive. When I offered to look through my emails to confirm she was mistaken she said 'I dont see how we can work together as this is off to a very bad start and there shouldnt be any trying to prove people wrong with emails'. So by trying to simply prove myself, I got blackballed, and if I didnt, I got blackballed.

I wouldnt mind so much but I've had so many similar bad experiences with therapists in my town. So many frauds and charlatans and people who contradict each other and 'know' they are right and the rest wrong etc.

All I want is someone I can share some of my troubled past with in a safe confidential setting and be listened to, face to face, over a few weeks while I build up the courage to speak of it all.....

So yeah. I feel literally battered and bruised and exhausted and pretty alone.

Sounds like she is acting rather unprofessionally. Definitely seems like she has some issues to work through.

MollyBeGood

I am so glad to be working again. I had no idea how badly I needed that in my life. Needed the feeling of getting somewhere instead of spinning my wheels 24/7 It’s turning out to be so good for my brain and my sense of total well being. I am so thankful to be feeling physical you better too. All the acupuncture and chiropractor treatments plus down time helped me heal big time. Thank you CBD oil too. Amazing stuff!

Miserum

I am so glad to be working again. I had no idea how badly I needed that in my life. Needed the feeling of getting somewhere instead of spinning my wheels 24/7 It’s turning out to be so good for my brain and my sense of total well being. I am so thankful to be feeling physical you better too. All the acupuncture and chiropractor treatments plus down time helped me heal big time. Thank you CBD oil too. Amazing stuff!
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Staying cooped up in the house is fucking terrible for an individual, in my experience. I don't think I'll ever go back to it again.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Do people with narcissistic personalities tend to accuse a person of not caring? :unsure:
Just wondering, because my older sister has that frequently in the last 2 years. Despite that be utter $h!%*

And she made a snide remark to my face recently about how ah “dae f__k all” around the house, and don’t help our mother. Which is quite funny in an ironic way. Because I’m always asking her if she’s okay if ah come downstairs and find Mum lying on living room couch. And I’m always saying: “If ye need anythin’, just gimme a shout”. Taking my meals upstairs if I want to eat alone in my room. Instead her taking them up to me, like she used to. And, never mind that I’ve spent the last 3 years more or less begging our mother to stop over spending when she does the grocery shopping. But she never listens.

Miserum

Do people with narcissistic personalities tend to accuse a person of not caring? :unsure:
Just wondering, because my older sister has that frequently in the last 2 years. Despite that be utter $h!%*

And she made a snide remark to my face recently about how ah “dae f__k all” around the house, and don’t help our mother. Which is quite funny in an ironic way. Because I’m always asking her if she’s okay if ah come downstairs and find Mum lying on living room couch. And I’m always saying: “If ye need anythin’, just gimme a shout”. Taking my meals upstairs if I want to eat alone in my room. Instead her taking them up to me, like she used to. And, never mind that I’ve spent the last 3 years more or less begging our mother to stop over spending when she does the grocery shopping. But she never listens.

I have no idea what your responsibilities are at home. Here's a suggestion based on my uninformed assumption about your home life: perhaps you could try doing things without being asked? For example, if you don't ever do the dishes, just do them. Don't ever take out the trash? Do it. Never tidy up the house? Do it. Never make coffee or tea for your family? Do it. Small things add up. In my experience, people appreciate it more if you don't even ask if they need help, but just do things for them unsolicited.

This way your sister can't ever moan about you "not helping out," and I'm sure your entire family will be appreciative of you for doing the things no one else wants to do.