How are you feeling?

Kiwong

A seven hour off trail hike, got back to my car right on dark. Scratched by vines and brambles, had to crawl and climb over fallen logs. Fell over several times, pushed through overgrown creeks. I did find 5000 of the rare Grevillea plant I went looking for. Walked around a swamp about 1km off the road, none of the mallee I hoped to find. Did find a rare fern, and other shrubs.

Last edited:

theoutsider

A seven hour off trail hike, got back to my car right on dark. Scratched by vines and brambles, had to crawl and climb over fallen logs. Fell over several times, pushed through overgrown creeks. I did find 5000 of the rare Grevillea plant I went looking for. Walked around a swamp about 1km off the road, none of the mallee I hoped to find. Did find a rare fern, and other shrubs.

It's good to see that you have recovered so well from your stroke. It sounds like you're as active as ever!

Last edited:
Bleurgh. Tired. It's that time of year again where I wind up being awake at the buttcrack of early dawn thanks to my other half having to work so early. I don't mind the alone time, but it's hard to get work done when I'm constantly tired. :sleep:

Don't ever have kids then!! :D

Could you sleep with some soft ear plugs in your ears, so you don't hear him when he wakes up and is getting ready for work etc.?
Then you could have your own alarm clock set to go off with the volume REALLY LOUD, so you can still hear it, when you need to wake up later on.

Phoenixx

Don't ever have kids then!! :D

Could you sleep with some soft ear plugs in your ears, so you don't hear him when he wakes up and is getting ready for work etc.?
Then you could have your own alarm clock set to go off with the volume REALLY LOUD, so you can still hear it, when you need to wake up later on.
Haha I don't plan on having any! I'm at the point where if it happens, great. If it doesn't, I don't feel bad either.

I actually do wear earplugs part of the time. But I'm a light sleeper so usually even him moving will wake me up, regardless whether I hear his alarm or not.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Pretty much spent the whole of Saturday in bed, couldn’t even be bothered getting up.

I’ve just been feeling so miserable lately. Ha ! Lately. It’ll be coming up to 2 years in a few months. The month when my life went tae $h!%* along with the rest of my family. And it’s just felt as if the same day has just been repeating over n’ over for that period of time. Same day, same complaints, same arguments. And poor old me just has to put up with it. :mad: :cry: Physical, mental and emotional well-being be damned.

Graeme1988

Yay ! My older sister has slagged me in a Facebook post ! Well, me, our mother and oldest sister...

Apparently, we’ve done f__k all for her these past 2 years. :mad: Despite her staying with me and our mother for a few months from the summer 2017 til early the following year. Mum cooks for her and her kids whenever they visit. While ah print off any photos for her or fix her laptop. Oh, and an honourable mention for me pretty much effin’ babysit my nieces for the minute they come round. Cuz my older sister just sits staring at her phone the whole time.

Case in point, ma oldest niece said: “I’ve been lookin’ for you...” as soon I go back from taking a few boxes to the tip, today. Because ah wus’nae there when she arrived. Then she had me draw her a picture of one of my guitars for her to colour in.

And I had to sit n’ listen to my mother’s complaints, her on verge o’ tears. :cry: Saying she could runaway. If that wus’nae upsetting enough, she then tells me, I’m the only one of her kids who does’nae talk down to her. And that she’d, more than likely, be dead by now if ah wus’nae still living with her. Cuz she can’t cope with how my sisters treat her.

Personally, ah genuinely hope she snaps one o’ these days, and just tell ‘em how she honestly feels, I really do. Because my mother’s more than justified in doing so.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I'm going BACK... to bed.
giphy.webp

LoyalXenite

Annoyed as hell. I always put a bit of bleach in the washing machine when I wash to kill any germs and to help clean/make it smell fresh. I've done it for years without issue but suddenly today the machine decided to dole out the bleach oddly and now all- literally all- of my favourite/regular clothes have bleach stains (and since I predominately wear black its highly noticable!!)

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Annoyed as hell. I always put a bit of bleach in the washing machine when I wash to kill any germs and to help clean/make it smell fresh. I've done it for years without issue but suddenly today the machine decided to dole out the bleach oddly and now all- literally all- of my favourite/regular clothes have bleach stains (and since I predominately wear black its highly noticable!!)

I feel your pain, my sister in blackness. My mom ruined soooooo many of my favorite shirts when I was growing up. I swear she did it on purpose to try to make me wear all the OP gear she bought for me.

and-it-definitely-seemed-to-be-targeting-a-preppy-demographic.jpg

Yeah after getting some bleach stains on some of my favourite clothes after spraying exit mould on my bath/shower tiles when I first moved out of home, I stay right away from bleach. (n)

Heck that would suck having a whole load of washing stuffed up! :eek: You have my sympathies you poor girl! 🌈 🍺

LoyalXenite

Yeah after getting some bleach stains on some of my favourite clothes after spraying exit mould on my bath/shower tiles when I first moved out of home, I stay right away from bleach. (n)

Heck that would suck having a whole load of washing stuffed up! :eek: You have my sympathies you poor girl! 🌈 🍺

Because I really only wear the same 5 or 6 shirts and jeans in a cycle its essentially all my main clothes that I've ruined and im annoyed as hell. Im definitely not trying that again any time soon. Not on anything I care about anyway :LOL:

Graeme1988

Ye think yer daein right by offer to do summit or even doing something nice for someone n' they dinnae even f__kin' appreciate it. :mad:

But somehow it's me who's the c_%* in that scenario every time. :( So much for buying my mother a new smart television...

Kiwong

I'm doing better, but jeez people confuse me.
I'm not sure how they get together or why. I found I enjoy company and conversation. But then there are behaviours I can't quite read. Like the lady who sent me a message asking for a lift to the xmas party, I replied Ok, then she didn't reply to me. I was starting to have some feeling even, but they have settled fortunately. Feeling attracted is an unpleasant sensation.

Phoenixx

Man, I hate weekends. Go back to work already, ya hateful zombies.
I actually like weekends, but maybe it's because I typically spend them at home and at work, or if not there then visiting family. I never try to go anywhere else on the weekends because I can't stand dealing with masses of people. If I have to go out shopping, then I make sure to leave the house at like, 7 or 8am. That's when being a morning person is awesome. :cool:

Phoenixx

Feeling kind of riled this morning. Kind of depressed too. I don't know. My husband had to stay out of town for work last night at the last minute so it was kind of a lonely afternoon and evening yesterday and will be a lonely day today too. I hate being anxious when he's not here, I feel like it's so stupid. But I just worry about him is all. He has a high risk job, so it sometimes makes it hard to sleep when he's not here.

I had it out with a stupid friend over FB last night too. So dumb. I normally never engage in confrontations or difference of political opinion. 95% of the time I just keep scrolling and scoff to myself if I see something I don't like, and then I'll just unfollow the person, since blocking or unfriending is childish imo. This friend and I already had a difference of political opinion. I don't mind differences as long as the opposing person isn't attacking me and things are kept civil and nothing gets personal. Debates don't need to be attacks and I don't know why people think they need to be. But anyways, this person posted something racist last night. Like really racist, borderline saying this group needed to die. I didn't think he believed so strongly about this sort of thing, but I felt in that sense that I couldn't sit idly by without confronting him about something like that. It was just so ignorant. Moreso than all the other stupid political things I see. I called him out on it, without getting personal as I always keep things civil, and he basically acted like a baby about the thing. He didn't call me names, but he pretty much told me to shut up and keep scrolling if I didn't like it. This is a guy I consider (or considered) a friend outside of FB, have hung out with him a few times with his gf and I work with her. So now I'm debating if I even want to be around someone like that. Like, I just feel guilty you know? If I just "shut up and kept scrolling" as if in person something was said and I didn't say anything, I'd just be an enabler right?? We have enough problems in this country, why be part of them??