How are you feeling?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
If it makes you feel any better, I had to make a vet appointment today for tomorrow just to get my cat a nail trim. I'm currently recovering from a cold/sinus infection thing so my voice sounds even more weird than usual and I dreaded calling. Had to explain to them that she has a weird non-weight bearing nail (common in polydactyls) in between her toes that constantly curls and this isn't the first time I've had to schedule this. The last time I went, her nail nearly got infected because I didn't watch it. And once again, I haven't been watching it and it's starting to curl. They were super nice about it, even though I feel like a bad pet owner.

So anxious or not, vets and vet techs are meant to be kind and caring people always willing to help. My vet's office is filled with such positive and genuinely nice people, makes the process of scheduling a lot better.

Thank you, Phoenixx.

I'm sorry your cat's extra-nail is giving it trouble.

Certain social scenarios just make me nuts, but you're right, these women are in a therapeutic field so I guess I shouldn't feel too bad.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Hoping all goes well, that relative of mine gets their operation in a couple days. But they’re getting checked into hospital tomorrow for a few tests ahead of the surgery, and staying overnight.

Don’t know how things went today, I’m assuming well, since the operation is still set for tomorrow morning. Though, my Mum told that the staff had lost the medical notes relating to my relative, and had no idea why they were being admitted. Which was the same thing that happened to me at the very same hospital 3 years ago when ah hud my orthopaedic surgery. F…kin’ ridiculous, man ! What a joke !:mad:

Makes me wonder if that’s a level o’ incompetence is a common thing at my local hospital? :unsure:

Aside from that it’s been another boring day for me. Dinnae do much. But ah wus tempted to smack my older sister smartphone outta her hand this morning. Cuz when I came downstairs, to give my mother the TV remote I bought off eBay for her and the middle child’s just sitting there, staring at her phone as her kids are running about. Which says it all, really.

Even if me being woke by their screaming n’ running about as the came in the front door wus’nae exactly the wake up call I needed or wanted. They weren’t in to visit for long, though. Which I don’t think the youngest was too happy about, as she heard me moving about upstairs and starts saying: “Graeme, Graeme upstairs... upstairs”, to her mother. :LOL: Which didn’t get much of a response from my mother, who, must - surely by now - be getting pissed off with the fact her wee ‘uns take more o’ an interest in me than her. I’m guessing, anyway..

But how the “Huh! How come they f…kin’ like you mair than me then, eh?” argument hasn’t occurred yet is still beyond me. She’s probably holding off on it after our last arguments, which did’nae end too well for her. :LOL:

LoyalXenite

Don’t know how things went today, I’m assuming well, since the operation is still set for tomorrow morning. Though, my Mum told that the staff had lost the medical notes relating to my relative, and had no idea why they were being admitted. Which was the same thing that happened to me at the very same hospital 3 years ago when ah hud my orthopaedic surgery. F…kin’ ridiculous, man ! What a joke !:mad:

Makes me wonder if that’s a level o’ incompetence is a common thing at my local hospital? :unsure:

Definitely incompetent for sure :eek:

Wow. If they could lose such a big thing like that (important medical notes of a patient) then I wouldn't dare have any surgery in that hospital!
If the Hospital's administration is that careless, they could mix-up patient notes, and end up doing the wrong procedure/surgery on a person. (n)

Graeme1988

Wow. If they could lose such a big thing like that (important medical notes of a patient) then I wouldn't dare have any surgery in that hospital!
If the Hospital's administration is that careless, they could mix-up patient notes, and end up doing the wrong procedure/surgery on a person. (n)

Aye, ah know... But, thankfully, in my experience, and this recent incident with my relative, we both knew the op that we were getting done and the surgeon who was going to be doing the surgery.

Graeme1988

Just bloody typical ! My older sister - the middle child - isn’t all that happy that our mother got asked to go n’ see that relative of ours, and she didn’t. Even though, when they got the cancer diagnosis, my older sister did’nae once ask how they were doing. :mad:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Just heard that my relative’s cancer surgery went well... YASSS !! :D:LOL:(y)

I'm glad to hear it, Graeme!

giphy.gif

Graeme1988

Hope you had a good Birthday, Graeme. :)

I did, even though I didn’t really do much. had that relative of mine not been in hospital, I’d probably have went out for a meal with them and a few other members o’ my family. But ye cannae help those sort circumstances changing things.

That said, ah did enjoy getting yet another “Ooh, it’s a sair fecht gettin’ auld!” speech from my oldest sister. Telling all that I’ve got to look forward to “...noo that yer no as young as ye used tae be”. :LOL: These huv kinda become a recurring thing since ah turned 27.

Phoenixx

Bleurgh. Tired. It's that time of year again where I wind up being awake at the buttcrack of early dawn thanks to my other half having to work so early. I don't mind the alone time, but it's hard to get work done when I'm constantly tired. :sleep:

Graeme1988

F__kin’ finally... aboot time, anaw ! Got my requested £220 refund, today, for a set o’ speakers that I’d returned to this music store down in Sheffield, cuz they were up to par for me. Bought them via eBay. I’ve been going back n’ forth with the b@$%@*!$ for over a week. :mad: They kept ignoring my email, so ah just keep getting in touch and asking when they were going to refund me my money. They soon changed their tune when I mentioned eBay would notify me when the refund was issued. :LOL:

Graeme1988

Pissed off, because I just got told something that makes me want to move away n’ cut ties with my family. :mad: