How are you feeling?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
It good to know someone relates. The problem is I can't sleep most of day because I won't sleep good at night and it hurts my eyes to sleep a long time other then night time sometimes. Although I tried. What do you suggest I do for boredom because of anxiety and lack of motivation?

It sounds lame but I'll sketch or try to do something else creative when I'm bored. Sometimes I'll spend all day in Photoshop or something similar. I used to enjoy After Effects for animation but I've had trouble running it on my current PC. They're all good options and none of them have killer learning curves, especially sketching. When I was a kid I'd write but I can't concentrate like I used to so that's pretty much out, plus I don't feel my writing talent has progressed like my artistic ability has.

TL;DR: I try to do something creative. :D

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Each person is obviously different and for me, I find putting myself out of that comfort zone can help. I walk, ride, hike and go until it hurts. Then, when I'm hurting physically I tend to appreciate relaxing more.
The exercise is good and makes you feel better. Getting a bit of sun is too.

PugofCrydee

Fking FKED!! Fking pi ss ed off!! And damn angry too.

I'm at the mercy of other people for the next few days.. I've swallowed my pride and asked for help.. which is the first time ever I've asked for it. And what do they do?
Me; 'I really need help with this, it's quite an urgent matter for me'..
Them; "Oh we'll look into it and call you back today"..
Me; * looks at time.. 5:05pm.. no answer today. No call. Nothing.*
I fking hate people.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Each person is obviously different and for me, I find putting myself out of that comfort zone can help. I walk, ride, hike and go until it hurts. Then, when I'm hurting physically I tend to appreciate relaxing more.
The exercise is good and makes you feel better. Getting a bit of sun is too.

I was going to say pretty much the same thing (except for the comfort zone part). It's very difficult for me to be creative when I'm bored or depressed, as Fountain suggest to do. but going outside and move is easier because I can force myself to do so (I can't force myself to create). And it's waking me up. Each person being different as you say, and in my case I need to do a lot of sport to keep depression away from me, so if I'm bored and depressed it's usually BECAUSE I don't move enough....

Marc7

It sounds lame but I'll sketch or try to do something else creative when I'm bored. Sometimes I'll spend all day in Photoshop or something similar. I used to enjoy After Effects for animation but I've had trouble running it on my current PC. They're all good options and none of them have killer learning curves, especially sketching. When I was a kid I'd write but I can't concentrate like I used to so that's pretty much out, plus I don't feel my writing talent has progressed like my artistic ability has.

TL;DR: I try to do something creative. :D

Isn't Photoshop for altering pictures? I could use it for sketching? I don't think I'm the most artistic person. But I guess I could try it. Is it free for After Effects and Sketching apps? But I need options without a screen as well as I do spend to much time on the screen.

What do you mean by TL;DR? I know what it means but in what context?

FountainandFairfax

Isn't Photoshop for altering pictures? I could use it for sketching? I don't think I'm the most artistic person. But I guess I could try it. Is it free for After Effects and Sketching apps? But I need options without a screen as well as I do spend to much time on the screen.

What do you mean by TL;DR? I know what it means but in what context?

Photoshop is kind of a misnomer these days, as you can use the program for a myriad of different graphic design purposes. As far as sketching goes, you could sketch in Photoshop if you had a tablet, Monoprice has some good ones at low prices, I have one myself... somewhere, but I meant them to be two separate things, sketching traditionally with a pad and pencil, not sketching digitally with Photoshop, sorry if I was being confusing. As for prices, there's a great free alternative to Photoshop called Gimp that's easy to find and download if you don't want to shell-out the cash for something you may not end-up liking. Gimp has a lot of the same features as PS, but literally costs nothing, I turned my cousin onto it years ago and it's the only editing program she's used since. After Effects is generally a video editing program but it's come a long way, so you can do some rather simple animations with it, it's not an app or plug-in for Photoshop or anything. Adobe has actually released programs strictly for animation in recent years so check out their site if that kind of thing interests you.

By TL;DR, I meant that if you didn't want to read all that stuff you could just try to combat your depression by sublimation, IE, using that destructive energy for something good or healthy such as drawing or digital painting.

I hope that helped.

I'm sick of myself now. :D

Good day!

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Photoshop is kind of a misnomer these days, as you can use the program for a myriad of different graphic design purposes. As far as sketching goes, you could sketch in Photoshop if you had a tablet

Sorry this is a daft question but: is that easy to do? Just asking cuz I’ve been considering giving that another go. Despite my drawing ability not being as good as it used to be. Ah did attempt to teach myself how to draw using a tablet and Paint Shop Pro - sorry, showing my age there with that reference :LOL: - years ago. But I end up getting frustrated at my lack of progress trying to teach maself, ah gave up on it.

FountainandFairfax

Hey, I used Paint Shop too. :D

Using the tablet was tricky at first, in fact it was downright daunting, but once I began ignoring the tablet altogether and just looking at my computer screen I did much better. Don't be ashamed to ditch it if you get frustrated and just go back to it once you've cooled off.

There's lots of people on YouTube posting videos that can help as well. (y)

Graeme1988

Those were the days, eh? I used mess about with Paint Shop Pro for hours. During secondary school, I somehow managed to convince my computer studies teacher to loan me the disc for it - the only copy my school had at the time - so I could take it home and install it on the tower PC I owned back then. He agreed, but only if I promised not to keep the disc. :LOL:

Using the tablet was tricky at first, in fact it was downright daunting, but once I began ignoring the tablet altogether and just looking at my computer screen I did much better. Don't be ashamed to ditch it if you get frustrated and just go back to it once you've cooled off.

Aye. The YouTube videos demonstrating what you can do with a tablet, and digital art in general, is what’s sparked my interest in possibly giving it another go. Though, I’ll need to look n’ see what the price for a drawing tablet is in UK money when buying brand new. :unsure: The last graphics tablet I had was one that I’d bought 2nd hand.

Marc7

Photoshop is kind of a misnomer these days, as you can use the program for a myriad of different graphic design purposes. As far as sketching goes, you could sketch in Photoshop if you had a tablet, Monoprice has some good ones at low prices, I have one myself... somewhere, but I meant them to be two separate things, sketching traditionally with a pad and pencil, not sketching digitally with Photoshop, sorry if I was being confusing. As for prices, there's a great free alternative to Photoshop called Gimp that's easy to find and download if you don't want to shell-out the cash for something you may not end-up liking. Gimp has a lot of the same features as PS, but literally costs nothing, I turned my cousin onto it years ago and it's the only editing program she's used since. After Effects is generally a video editing program but it's come a long way, so you can do some rather simple animations with it, it's not an app or plug-in for Photoshop or anything. Adobe has actually released programs strictly for animation in recent years so check out their site if that kind of thing interests you.

By TL;DR, I meant that if you didn't want to read all that stuff you could just try to combat your depression by sublimation, IE, using that destructive energy for something good or healthy such as drawing or digital painting.

I hope that helped.

I'm sick of myself now. :D

Good day!

Oh I see now. Photoshop costs money then? What is Monoprice, a site to buy stuff on? I figure Gimp is an editing program, what do you edit on Gimp? By animations you mean coloring in characters on After Effects?

Oh. I know what you mean now.

It helped. Sorry for asking so much questions.

Why are you sick of yourself?

Have a good afternoon.

Marc7

I went out on the weekend bc I have family to go out with but not all that time. What about you? Other than that, I slept long hours bc I just didn't think SPW will have anything for me to do. That's why talking with other users on here helps me but not just anyone.

I don't go out a lot because of an current circumstance I have tbh (something I will share in private if you want). Plus I only go out when I have to even without the current circumstance. Otherwise I don't go out a lot. Do you sleep long hours at night or day?

lily

Sure you can share w/ me in private. I'm unpredictable, it could be in the day or night-time

Graeme1988

I’ve had a look on Amazon and have found a few graphics tablets. There’s one for just £30 grand that comes with a few accessories, and is compatible with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.

But, does the size of the graphics tablet affect what yer working on inside Photoshop, say for example, if you were working on a sketch that was A3 in size? Or will that not be an issue?

FountainandFairfax

The bigger the surface area the better, mine was mid-sized and I'd still find myself bumping into the edges at times. You can map the pen to your screen the way you like, though; that way you can cover more space on-screen with less physical room on the tablet.

It's a shame, if the postage to Scotland was decent I could just send you mine, It's practically new. I'd have to find it and make sure it's still working, of course since I haven't used it in years.

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

Feeling a bit calmer today. Took this pic from out from in the garden.
I'm a loner today, I'm a loner today, I'm a loner right now, this site is not really meant for me.. I wish I could be on SAS. edit- I do appreciate that I could write this on this site though, a bit of gratitude
Well I guess the lessonto be learned here is that the world isnt focused on any one of us.

Graeme1988

The bigger the surface area the better, mine was mid-sized and I'd still find myself bumping into the edges at times. You can map the pen to your screen the way you like, though; that way you can cover more space on-screen with less physical room on the tablet.

It's a shame, if the postage to Scotland was decent I could just send you mine, It's practically new. I'd have to find it and make sure it's still working, of course since I haven't used it in years.

Oh, okay.... thanks for clarifying that for me, Fountain. And the info about mapping the pen is also helpful, as I wasn't aware that could be done. :)(y)

Graeme1988

Very low, energy as of late. Been going to ma bed a lot earlier than usual. :sleep:

Wish I could get back into old routine, but then I also wish things hadn’t changed and ma life wus like it was back in 2016. Getting fed-up hearing the same ol’ family arguments, followed by the complaints I’ve heard so often ah cun fuckin’ quote them verbatim. :mad: Don’t think anyone in ma family wus meant to get along. Cuz we sure aren’t capable o’ that.