How are you feeling?

Marc7

Well, I have struggled with depression and anxiety for a young age. So, probably...

For me it came from my mental illness. Besides depression and anxiety what other mental illness do you have? Were you diagnosed with depression and anxiety? If it is too personal you don't have to answer.

Mainly because I spent much of my life being told by my mother and one of my older siblings that I was useless and good for nothing. Not that there weren’t moments where they said something good about me, it’s just those moments came across to me as insincere and fake when compared to the putdowns. Since the putdowns were more frequent, well up until the age of 18 when I snapped and asked my mother if she’s ever considered, for a moment the impact her words could have. Tellingly, she never gave me an answer to that question.

But do you instill confidence from yourself now? I try too but it is hard for me.

lily

Which thread is that? I still have issues with eye contact as well. Was this in response to me?
It's called 'How does your social anxiety feel like?' It's in the first page of the social anxiety forum section. Yes this was in response to you.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
But do you instill confidence from yourself now? I try too but it is hard for me.

I try to, but also find it difficult. Especially when it comes to believing in my capability to achieve something

I'm so glad I'm having a lunch outing today. What r you guys doing?

Enjoy the lunch outing, lily, :)(y) I’ve not done much today, my lower back is still causing me discomfort, despite the pain relief I try. :cry: Hopefully it gets better soon. Other than that, I’m just trying inspire myself creatively. But don’t know what I should do. :unsure:

Graeme1988

Sorry to hear of the put-downs you have had w/ your mother and that that you were told that you were good for nothing. In order to change those thoughts, it is good to write down a list ie. like on Word-pad on your laptop of all the things you've accomplished.

Might be a shortlist... :LOL: But a list of accomplishments nonetheless. :)

Graeme1988

New year, same old family... they can’t seem to do anything for me when asked. :mad:

“Oh aye, ah’ll dae it tomorrow, awrite?” Next day: “Eh, sorry, no the day”
For my birthday, ah think I’ll ask for someone ah can f…ckin’ rely upon as my present 🎁

Marc7

I try to, but also find it difficult. Especially when it comes to believing in my capability to achieve something

Me too I find it difficult because I forget a lot to encourage myself and I only build myself up when necessary. For me anxiety/fear and lack of motivation makes back down from doing some things I want to do.

Marc7

I been bored recently because of my lack of motivation and anxiety/fear. It doesn't help that I don't have many hobbies/interests that I can't do at home. Even when I do find things to do I'm either to anxious/scared and or unmotivated to do them depending on what it is. I guess I should make to do lists again but even then I couldn't fill up my whole day when I use to do them:(. But at least it motivated me more to do things, that is the good that came out of it.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Lonely. Where the hell is everyone??

I haven't been far but I have nothing relevant to say. Still unsure why I think relevance matters so much when I'm the one talking though. I usually enjoy any irrelevance anyone else post.

The new year is here, so much for new years resolutions all I want to do is escape the heat and sleep.

I can gladly send you some cold. It's so freezing up here, I went on a hike this morning and when I got at the top of the mountain and took out my thermos, what was supposed to be comforting, warm coffee turned out to be iced coffee, and even my damn sandwich was frozen.

Kiwong

I haven't been far but I have nothing relevant to say. Still unsure why I think relevance matters so much when I'm the one talking though. I usually enjoy any irrelevance anyone else post.

I can gladly send you some cold. It's so freezing up here, I went on a hike this morning and when I got at the top of the mountain and took out my thermos, what was supposed to be comforting, warm coffee turned out to be iced coffee, and even my damn sandwich was frozen.

You can have our heat. I went for a walk, was attacked by a million flies, after only three hours I was extremely thirsty, the steering of my car was too hot to touch, and my frozen water had become tepid.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
You can have our heat. I went for a walk, was attacked by a million flies, after only three hours I was extremely thirsty, the steering of my car was too hot to touch, and my frozen water had become tepid.

That's why I savor my winters, I dread the southern heat every year. Once May starts it's like a slow march into a furnace, with July - August being the absolute worst of it.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole

Haha you know what, keep your heat. There is nothing I love more than a forest covered in snow, and the colder it is, the fewer people there is.