How are you feeling?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Don't know why I bother... what's the point anyway? I mean, why even give a f*ck if those around ye either just undermine every decision you. Not to mention the attitude I get from my family when I so much as try or offer to help 'em. :idontknow: :sad:

Which that makes me the bad yin, somehow. :thumbdown:

Last edited:

F0AM

An American Werewolf in London
Hellraiser I & II
Jacob's Ladder
The Thing (1982)
The Evil Dead series of movies

Hahaha thank you Nathaniel, you and Fountain just mentioned some of my favourite films!

Hellraiser I & II yes i also think those are the best in the franschise, gotta love Cenobites and the doctor in the second one...such a disgusting fella, truly enjoy Clive barker's work.

Jacob's Ladder, this one alongside Videodrome have a very special place in my heart. Both show such a dark worlds where it's hard to discern what is real from what is not. Once you see them, you keep thinking about what have just happended and start analyzing them. So unique.

The thing Ohh boy do i love these films, both the one from 1982 and the one from 2011...Bennings scream scene..../shivers

The Evil Dead series of movies i like the first 2, didn't enjoy "army of darkness" that much and the one from 2013 is okay but is not the same without Ash. Had a blast with "Ash vs evil dead" show! tho it's more comedy than horror, like "Braindead" xD

Well, tho i've seen them all, thank you again Nathaniel because i think those are great recommendations :)

Could someone recommend me a horror book/story/film/whatever?

Now you're speaking my language!

Movies: Poltergeist, Hell Raiser, Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, The Orphanage, Pan's Labyrinth (not really scary, but still really good), Teeth (comical horror movie), Troll 2 (hilarious cheesey AF horror movie), Cabin in the Woods, The Ring (still scares me to this day lol), The Sixth Sense, The Hills Have Eyes, Silent Hill

Video games: Bioshock (probably my favorite game series of all time), Silent Hill, The Evil Within, Resident Evil, Dante's Inferno (very similar to God of War and not very scary, but again, super good), 5 Nights at Freddy's , Dead Space

Books: Anything H.P. Lovecraft - you really can't go wrong (he pioneered the scifi horror genre). I recently read Herbert West: Reanimator, it was really good - his writing style is superb.

Edgar Allan Poe has some great ones - The Most Dangerous Game and The Tell-Tale Heart being among my favorites.

I hope this helps :)

Christopher Lee talking about an evil eye? Hmmm... Sounds familiar... lol
images

Seriously, though, his voice is perfect for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_utA6j3Oc8

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Well, tho i've seen them all, thank you again Nathaniel because i think those are great recommendations :)

Yeah, I guess those are the classics of the body horror genre. I'll try to think of some more obscure ones. One that immediately comes to mind is Dagon, one of the better Lovecraftian adaptations. Since it was made in Spain I suspect you've already seen it as well though.

MollyBeGood

I just rewatched “Event Horizon” and thought of Pugs name tag after he scratches his eyes out! That movie is really great in a sick and twisted Sci Fi Hellish way. I recommend it.

F0AM

Now you're speaking my language!

Movies: Poltergeist, Hell Raiser, Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, The Orphanage, Pan's Labyrinth (not really scary, but still really good), Teeth (commical horror movie), Troll 2 (hilarious cheesey AF horror movie), Cabin in the Woods, The Ring (still scares me to this day lol), The Sixth Sense, The Hills Have Eyes, Silent Hill

Video games: Bioshock (probably my favorite game series of all time), Silent Hill, The Evil Within, Resident Evil, Dante's Inferno (very similar to God of War and not very scary, but again, super good), 5 Nights at Freddy's , Dead Space

Books: Anything H.P. Lovecraft - you really can't go wrong (he pioneered the scifi horror genre). I recently read Herbert West: Reanimator, it was really good - his writing style is superb.

Edgar Allan Poe has some great ones - The Most Dangerous Game and The Tell-Tale Heart being among my favorites.

I hope this helps :)

But of course Sarah!

Movies: Excellent recommendations (didn't like Pan's labyrinht tho, but the eye scene was so sick! a pity the rest of the film wasn't as good lol)

Poltergeist That film scared the hell out of me when i was a kid, Kane was so scary on the second one and the fact that the actor portraying him was really dying...wow what a performance

28 Days Later I think this is the only "infected" film i've enjoyed, pretty cool
The Orphanage I watched this one with my mother and we both liked it, being spanish myself i'm glad it was that good.
Teeth I know it but i haven't seen it, one to the list!!
Troll 2 OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD
Cabin in the Woods What a weird film this one is, at first it's like the average horror film but that final part was like so awesome! lol
The Ring Such an iconic film
The Sixth Sense Also watched this one with my mother when i was a kid, she didnt want to watch it till my father was at home in case it was very scary (jeez) and one day she was like: bah **** it end then we both watched it, so goood and that ending! my mother and i made a deal that whoever died first would return in spirit to say "hello" to the other in a non scary way haha
Silent Hill I think this is the only worth film about a videogame, is great!

Just remembered "one missed call" and i really liked that one too, had it's melody as my ringtone lol

Videogames! also excellent recommendations Sarah, unfortunately i've played all those >_< (don't like FNAF so cheap)

Bioshock 10/10, tho not horror "Infinite" is sooo good and so beautiful, it's to the eye what a bakery is to the nose mmmm, One day, the green jello thing will return to the RP thread and teleport you all to Rapture, so enjoy your RP lives while you can /evil laugh
Silent Hill What i said about "jacob's ladder" and "Videodrome" (definitely you should watch those if u haven't...and if u have then go watch them again, what are you waiting for?) can also be applied to Silent hill, uniqueness at it's best. Hven't played anything like it (3 and 4 are my favourites, that apartment was soo creepy)
Resident Evil I've played them all, except for those you need a gun (not a real one of course haha +eyy i used the gun in"survivor" and the psx just exploded - you are not suposed to use a real gun, dude :eek:h:!) Raccoon city is one of my favourite fictional places of all time (i love "code veronica", 4 and 7 tho it feels rushed once you leave the baker's house and all those DLC...)i'd like to see them bringing back the "Outbreak" games and play online with a friend :) We're going back to raccoon city in January! yay
Dante's Inferno That game is awesome, i think it's a very interesting hell adaptation of Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy! what a cool designs...that Lucifer tho...is that what i think it is? WTF haha
Dead Space Really like the second one and the third one is fun played coop, but the first one is easily one of my favourite games of all time, that setting, that inmersion...so so gooood The hunter was so scary, just like those vibrating enemies that moved so fast at the end...jesus.

Penumbra, Metro (tho not entirely horror), rule of rose and forbidden siren (ps2/3 exclusives) are also pretty good games in case you haven't played them yet :) (there are more but i'm afraid this post will be too long lol)

Books!

Of course Lovecraft and Poe, i've read a lot of their stories and i loved "The shadow over Innsmouth" since you like both, lovecraft and videogames, you should try (in case u haven't) "Call of Cthulhu: Dark corners of the earth" based on "The shadow over innsmouth" pretty nice.

I haven't read "Reanimator" so another thing to the list!!

Thank you very much Sarah for taking the time to make this Awesome list, I've read/played/watched most of it but it is a great list nonetheless and i'm sure a lot of people will find it very usefull when looking for horror stuff, like those visitors that don't want to become members mmm yes, i'm looking at you

Breaking the fourth wall here haha

I just rewatched “Event Horizon” and thought of Pugs name tag after he scratches his eyes out! That movie is really great in a sick and twisted Sci Fi Hellish way. I recommend it.

Thank you Molly! I'd say this one isn't very known (at least here) like Alien, Nightmare on elm street, etc. I watched it one day it was on TV and (being a fan of horror and sci-fi) i was like: wait what? i haven't seen this! and i'm with you twisted and creepy stuff, like Sam Neill at the end. Definately deserves a recommendation, Thank you!

Also liked "Pandorum" that ending...

Btw when Molly said Sci Fi Hellish way, i just remembered Doom 3, i think that tag suits that game very well ;-)

Yeah, I guess those are the classics of the body horror genre. I'll try to think of some more obscure ones. One that immediately comes to mind is Dagon, one of the better Lovecraftian adaptations. Since it was made in Spain I suspect you've already seen it as well though.

Yes! i know that one but i haven't seen it since i was not very sure about it, but since you said is a good adaptation, i'll give it a shot!

*Thank you Sarah for the incredible audiobook, a good addition to my horror list and a great way to improve my english listening skills

Sorry everyone for the longass post, i hope you don't mind but you were all very nice recommending stuff! thank you all, Feel free to recommend me horror stuff through here or PM as you remember or find new material! Since english is not my first language this was a little exhausting lol

tenor.gif

Movies: Excellent recommendations (didn't like Pan's labyrinht tho, but the eye scene was so sick! a pity the rest of the film wasn't as good lol)
Yes, baby eater was pretty cool. I really appreciate your honesty saying it wasn't for you - it's a shame, though. I thought it was a good movie.

The Orphanage I watched this one with my mother and we both liked it, being spanish myself i'm glad it was that good.
I'm glad Guillermo Del Toro could redeem himself with this one for you. Since you do speak Spanish, have you seen the movie Biutiful? It's not scary, but damn it's a good one. Also, if you're into the Korean stuff, I would recommend the Vengeance Trilogy by Park Chan-Wook - those are some of my favorite movies. Not exactly scary, but definitely on the '****ed up' spectrum.

Troll 2 OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD
Could we just take a minute to acknowledge how hilarious you are? :lol:
For those of you who aren't in the know, this is what he was referring to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyophYBP_w4

Bioshock 10/10, tho not horror "Infinite" is sooo good and so beautiful, it's to the eye what a bakery is to the nose mmmm, One day, the green jello thing will return to the RP thread and teleport you all to Rapture, so enjoy your RP lives while you can /evil laugh
Umm, yes! Excellent choice of video games! Infinite was amazing! I thought it was super ballsy of the creators to be so outwardly racist in the game. I was totally going to buy a skyhook at Game Stop, but thought it was too nerdy lol.

Books!
Of course Lovecraft and Poe, i've read a lot of their stories and i loved "The shadow over Innsmouth" since you like both, lovecraft and videogames, you should try (in case u haven't) "Call of Cthulhu: Dark corners of the earth" based on "The shadow over innsmouth" pretty nice.
I have actually heard of both of those and "Call of Cthulhu" looks so bad ***!

Thank you very much Sarah for taking the time to make this Awesome list, I've read/played/watched most of it but it is a great list nonetheless and i'm sure a lot of people will find it very usefull when looking for horror stuff, like those visitors that don't want to become members mmm yes, i'm looking at you

*Thank you Sarah for the incredible audiobook, a good addition to my horror list and a great way to improve my english listening skills

You are so welcome, F0AM! This was actually super exciting for me because I don't have anyone in real life that actually likes all of the stuff that I do which makes me really sad. That being said, I was more than happy to talk horror with you :)

P.S.
You really are hilarious :bigsmile:

F0AM

Yes, baby eater was pretty cool. I really appreciate your honesty saying it wasn't for you - it's a shame, though. I thought it was a good movie.

Well, the fact that i didn't like it doesn't make the film any less good, it's just that it didn't suit my taste :)

I'm glad Guillermo Del Toro could redeem himself with this one for you. Since you do speak Spanish, have you seen the movie Biutiful? It's not scary, but damn it's a good one. Also, if you're into the Korean stuff, I would recommend the Vengeance Trilogy by Park Chan-Wook - those are some of my favorite movies. Not exactly scary, but definitely on the '****ed up' spectrum.

I'll definately take a look at the vengeance trilogy, ****ed up stuff is always good. Thanks (again)

Could we just take a minute to acknowledge how hilarious you are? :lol:
For those of you who aren't in the know, this is what he was referring to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyophYBP_w4

hahaha gotta love Creedence overreacted performance!

+ Here comes your crush, act normal
-
tumblr_olfwe54nvt1s01qkyo1_400.gif

I was totally going to buy a skyhook at Game Stop, but thought it was too awesome lol.

Absolutely

I have actually heard of both of those and "Call of Cthulhu" looks so bad ***!

Well, don't despair! there's an upcoming "Call of Chtulhu game", so excited! https://store.steampowered.com/app/399810/Call_of_Cthulhu/

You are so welcome, F0AM! This was actually super exciting for me because I don't have anyone in real life that actually likes all of the stuff that I do which makes me really sad. That being said, I was more than happy to talk horror with you :)

Haha i'm glad too, horror talks are the best talks!

Last edited:

Kiwong

some thouhgts on horror

o.
Aliens has elements of horror as well as sci fi
Carrie scared me when I saw it.
jaws
Wolf creek this movie cleared half the audience out before its ending.
he exorcist stands the test of time, and it has music by Michael oldfield.
the birds