How are you feeling?

Dead_on_Arrival

Scared, embarrassed, shaking. Just got in from supermarket where I left my wife at the tiil with no money and went to the toilet cos I felt anxiety attack coming on. Still shaking now. I hate these 'exposure' things. I load the till belt and pack the bags cos everyone else does it wrong but I have been told to let someone else do it to expose myself to my fears and I f****** hate it.

Agent_Violet

Scared, embarrassed, shaking. Just got in from supermarket where I left my wife at the tiil with no money and went to the toilet cos I felt anxiety attack coming on. Still shaking now. I hate these 'exposure' things. I load the till belt and pack the bags cos everyone else does it wrong but I have been told to let someone else do it to expose myself to my fears and I f****** hate it.

(((((hugsDOA)))))

Vampayah88

utjeha.gif

Oh~tough post! Hope you feel better *hugs*

I feel socially paralized. I just can't do anything anymore. Got invited to a friend's party today(though not a close friend) but I had to refuse cos I'm damn scared to go there. She probably thinks that I'm a jerk. Ugh....I hate this. Will it ever get better?

It wasn't really a big thing yesterday, but... my best friend is going to be here within a year. Asdfghjkl. I'm ****ing happy now. He's quite...a strange character, not very emotional or expressive in regards to these issues, but I know that thought makes him happy too ;) He'd only admit it to me once though,I should be content with that. Haha.
It's been two years, it's about bloody time I think.

MrJones

I feel socially paralized. I just can't do anything anymore. Got invited to a friend's party today(though not a close friend) but I had to refuse cos I'm damn scared to go there. She probably thinks that I'm a jerk. Ugh....I hate this. Will it ever get better?
This happened to me hundreds of times, and I felt very bad after each one...

I think it can get better, but you have to work. A lot lol
I hope you will get better of it :)

Deus_Ex_Lemur

I did this a few times this summer, it's a normal feeling, she won't think you're a jerk. And if she's not a close friend than don't worry about it at all! But avoiding will make it worse long-term hard as it is in the moment and much paralyzed and not wanting to go you may feel. You CAN do things; it's just what you believe is an overwhelming feeling but that's all it is... a FEELING - doesn't have to be reality! Just feel better you had the opportunity to go and she invited you - and next time try to go, easier said than done, but YOU CAN DO IT and WILL feel better after for doing so even if not right away! :)

I did this a few times this summer, it's a normal feeling, she won't think you're a jerk. And if she's not a close friend than don't worry about it at all! But avoiding will make it worse long-term hard as it is in the moment and much paralyzed and not wanting to go you may feel. You CAN do things; it's just what you believe is an overwhelming feeling but that's all it is... a FEELING - doesn't have to be reality! Just feel better you had the opportunity to go and she invited you - and next time try to go, easier said than done, but YOU CAN DO IT and WILL feel better after for doing so even if not right away! :)

Thanks! I'm feeling much better.