How are you feeling?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Well Christmas wus’nae a total disaster this year. Nowhere near the catastrofuck I was expecting.

And I got a surprise Christmas present, something I also wasn’t expecting as I never told my oldest sister to buy me anything. So that was nice of her.

LoyalXenite

Well Christmas wus’nae a total disaster this year. Nowhere near the catastrofuck I was expecting.

And I got a surprise Christmas present, something I also wasn’t expecting as I never told my oldest sister to buy me anything. So that was nice of her.

Thats great! Aside from me being sick Xmas went rather smoothly for me this year too.. possibly because I was so sick haha

Graeme1988

I wasn't X-max sick. I loved listening to the music/songs but I can understand why some people wouldn't like it such as shopping for gifts. I got a cute little card this yr, I didn't expect to get anything bc our family is not rich.

Good to hear, lily. :)(y) I got a limited edition comic book from my sister and her fiancé, despite only asking for £50 from each of them to, maybe, put towards me getting another guitar. Not that I’m complaining, at least I got something to open on Xmas day this yr. :LOL:

Marc7

I can relate... monotone voice n’ all. I’m mainly afraid for the same reason as you stated. Though, in real life, ah think my appearance plays a big part in me feeling fearful to approach people. But then, my own family have said I have an intimidating presence about me, due to not be skinny and being fairly tall.

Why do you have an monotone voice? I think my appearance plays a role as well. I think if we both instill confidence in ourselves we can approach people. Also get where we want to appearance wise. It is not going to be easy though.

Marc7

I'm not afraid of talking to people online or in real life. I just have a eye contact issue.. You don't have to worry about that w/ me. i don't think that way. :)

That's good! What helped you approaching people online or in real life? You don't think what way? That you can approach people in irl or online.

Graeme1988

Why do you have an monotone voice?

Never questioned why, really. I’ve always thought being raised in a dysfunctional family contributed to it. Y’know, rarely being heard or listened to when I spoke. My mother being very straight n’ to the point when she spoke. When yer raised in a family where the slightest, silly thing can cause a confrontational argument, ya tend to choose how and when to speak.

I think my appearance plays a role as well. I think if we both instill confidence in ourselves we can approach people. Also get where we want to appearance wise. It is not going to be easy though.

That’s true... Though I feel I’ve got a bit an uphill struggle in that regard. Especially since, in my case, having confidence instill in you rarely came from your own family.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Still have a cold, though it's MUCH better; I just have a nagging cough for the most part.

I went to the store this morning and bought a bottle of honey and it's helping a lot.

200w.gif

lily

That's good! What helped you approaching people online or in real life? You don't think what way? That you can approach people in irl or online.
I just think that conversation is just conversation, it can be anything and I think that way. Oh and also I meant in my quote that you don't have to worry about talking to me online that I don't think judgmentally.

Can’t sleep... strained my back this morning. Been in agony for most of the day. :cry:
My lower back hurts. I think it's bc I slept with my shoulders as well as with my head on the pillow. Now I made sure I didn't do that anymore.

Graeme1988

Really, really tired. Haven't had a good night's sleep since straining ma back... :(

Ah'll be happy once this year's done with. Though, I'm kinda anxious about how 2019 will pan out for me.
I wish I had enough money to book myself into a hotel for a few months, just to get peace n' quiet.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Really, really tired. Haven't had a good night's sleep since straining ma back... :(

Ah'll be happy once this year's done with. Though, I'm kinda anxious about how 2019 will pan out for me.
I wish I had enough money to book myself into a hotel for a few months, just to get peace n' quiet.

Do you have access to a car? When I'm in need of peace and quiet I like to jump in my car and drive a couple of hours until I reach the unpopulated areas. There is a couple of favorite spots I have where I can park my car in the forest by the river and camp there. Maybe you can find such a place and make it your own favorite spot.

Graeme1988

Do you have access to a car? When I'm in need of peace and quiet I like to jump in my car and drive a couple of hours until I reach the unpopulated areas. There is a couple of favorite spots I have where I can park my car in the forest by the river and camp there. Maybe you can find such a place and make it your own favorite spot.

Not currently... don't have a driver's license, unfortunately. Plus, I don't think I'd pass my driving test to get one o' those wheelchair accessible cars.
That's no just my low self-esteem chiming in, I've never been great when it comes to test or exams, due my slight learning disability.

Marc7

Never questioned why, really. I’ve always thought being raised in a dysfunctional family contributed to it. Y’know, rarely being heard or listened to when I spoke. My mother being very straight n’ to the point when she spoke. When yer raised in a family where the slightest, silly thing can cause a confrontational argument, ya tend to choose how and when to speak.

Mine comes from my problem, do you think it might of came from an mental illness?

That’s true... Though I feel I’ve got a bit an uphill struggle in that regard. Especially since, in my case, having confidence instill in you rarely came from your own family.

You're saying confidence instilled in you rarely came from your family? Why is it an uphill battle?

Marc7

I just think that conversation is just conversation, it can be anything and I think that way. Oh and also I meant in my quote that you don't have to worry about talking to me online that I don't think judgmentally.

So you have no trouble approaching people you don't know? Oh that's good to know you are not judgmental.

Graeme1988

Mine comes from my problem, do you think it might of came from an mental illness?

Well, I have struggled with depression and anxiety for a young age. So, probably...

You're saying confidence instilled in you rarely came from your family? Why is it an uphill battle?

Mainly because I spent much of my life being told by my mother and one of my older siblings that I was useless and good for nothing. Not that there weren’t moments where they said something good about me, it’s just those moments came across to me as insincere and fake when compared to the putdowns. Since the putdowns were more frequent, well up until the age of 18 when I snapped and asked my mother if she’s ever considered, for a moment the impact her words could have. Tellingly, she never gave me an answer to that question.

Marc7

I wouldn't have trouble talking to people if I didn't have a eye contact issue but I do so socially it's hard for me. I talked about my eye contact issue in a thread in the social anxiety forum section.

Which thread is that? I still have issues with eye contact as well. Was this in response to me?