How are you feeling?

Hot_Tamale

Finding a partner wasn't the intention of the evening, no. I just like to think that life is weird and I will meet someone by happenstance - like, maybe there's a guy who really isn't into the bar scene (like me), but went out with friends and is actually a good person and we hit it off. I don't exactly have the biggest social circle - I just have school and work (most people at my school are really young).
That's kind of my situation too. I don't have very many friends outside of 1 or 2 from school, my church, and work/Skype. My friend from work almost one year ago told me he was going to go to bar & grill next door and he asked me if I wanted to come along. He was already in a serious relationship so it was nothing about finding someone to take home. I felt uncomfortable because it was crowded and loud but having a friend there makes it so much easier to handle doesn't it? That and there were baseball highlights on television to help calm me down. I thought the female bartender shot me a look that conveyed interest once but looking back it could have just been my imagination. The chances of me running into someone out of sheer happenstance are lower than me getting struck by lightning I bet.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Let's see...

• Dizzyness
  • Sickness (vomitting)
  • Light-headed
  • Sore hip

Well... Turn out my mother needs a hip x-ray, so a possible replacement might be likely? A doctor came out to see this evening, and that was his recommendation on top something to help settle her stomach, due to her taking medication for her asthma on top of anti-biotics. Oh, and a slightly strong painkiller for her hip.

And all she did today is stay in bed and complain, while we (my sister and I) ran after her, every time she called us. She pretty started behaving like a child crying whenever me or my sister criticised her for either refusing to make an effort eat, or if she started to ask us something then, mid-sentence goes: "Oh, nevermind... Doesnae matter?" :kickingmyself: :veryangry:

And, she literally beg us not to phone the ambulance this morning. Now she's being referred for an x-ray at the local hospital. Oh the f*ckin' irony!

On the plus side, at least my sister's finally saw the side of our mother that I've had to put with the last 29 years. Needy, neurotic, rude and incredibly narcissistic. :thumbdown:

grapevine

Did I say hip replacement? I meant to say knee replacement surgery, that's what my Mum's been holding off on. Though, I think she might need hip surgery as well? :thinking:

In which case, going by what you said, grapevine, she going to struggle with the recovery because she has really let herself go since she had me. She's overweight, high-blood pressure, joint arthritis, all of which she acknowleges, even saying she needs to lose weight. And yet, she doesn't do any to help herself in terms of her health. Just lays on the living couch watching the TV, or lies in bed reading a magazine. She just complains how there's no point in exercising, then bemoans the fact her health is how it is. :idontknow:

And the irony of all this is, my oldest sister would always tell me to try and motivate our Mum to get things done, whenever she was away, and was charged with caring for her. Like showing her how to use my pedal exerciser for a bit. But no, she'd just make an excuse and go back to watch the telly. :kickingmyself:

So, I've kinda given up on her. Nae point trying to help someone, if they're not going make an effort and try to help themselves. Sorry, I know it's my mother, but that's how ah feel. :thumbdown:

She takes her responsibility it's not yours. Its frustrating I know. I think from what Ive read the only way to get someone intent and motivation to change and do something is by example and changing yourself to show them. At least that is what I had done in the past with my health/diet and it actually worked on others lol. It completely changes the dynamics when you act for yourself first in a caring way and have those boundaries. It forces those around you to respect you and then to respect themselves I think. Something like that.

I think there's a point particularly with women (but also men) that they can just put themselves last so far back that they dont want to go there anymore and care for themselves because they are scared to bother as its too much for them. Sounds like your mum has had to be really tough and keep going and not be able to do what ever she had wanted to do in the past and present and just lives through her own dogma with no energy maybe and pain

Last edited:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I feel good, two TV-dinners and a mountain dew shouldn't make anybody this dang happy.

If I had a steady source of income and decent food I'd probably be walking around like Uncle Remus.

'You got a way of telling me i'm wrong ... You got a way of coming on so strong ...'
'Tell me what's wrong with you ... I've done nothing wrong that i can see ...'
:giggle:

Last edited:

Graeme1988

I'm seriously f*ckin' sick o' this like... Every time I ask: "Could ye get (insert item) for me, please?" I get this gobby attitude:
"Huh! Get it yerself!" :eek:

And they huv the nerve to say I speak to them in a disrespectful manner. :veryangry:
Nae bloody wonder ah rarely ask them - (or anyone else for that matter) - to anything for me. :kickingmyself: :thumbdown:

Last edited:

Venuserian

I'm feeling very worried today for my family and myself, Someone has been coming in our yard late at night sabotaging our vehicles and our water pump this person took it upon there self to undo the lines off our fuel pump under the hood of our truck my partner could have been caught in flames riding to work yesterday morning, We are going to figure out who is doing this we plan on setting camera's up soon,

That's kind of my situation too. I don't have very many friends outside of 1 or 2 from school, my church, and work/Skype. My friend from work almost one year ago told me he was going to go to bar & grill next door and he asked me if I wanted to come along. He was already in a serious relationship so it was nothing about finding someone to take home. I felt uncomfortable because it was crowded and loud but having a friend there makes it so much easier to handle doesn't it? That and there were baseball highlights on television to help calm me down. I thought the female bartender shot me a look that conveyed interest once but looking back it could have just been my imagination. The chances of me running into someone out of sheer happenstance are lower than me getting struck by lightning I bet.
I haven't had friends in a decade, so now having a couple of friends to pal around with, especially in uncomfortable places, is really nice. The alcohol helps, too haha. I wouldn't be so quick to say it would never happen - insecurity changes your perception of things. For example, my hormones are imbalanced, which effects me physically and psychologically (makes me moody/insecure, I have acne I can't get rid of, made my hair thinner etc). I feel ugly all of the time and was crying about it the other night. My sister caught me - I explained my reasoning and she said, almost laughing at how silly it was, that I am really pretty and guys check me out all of the time. This made me realize that ugly is just a feeling and people are super responsive to the vibes we give off.

Which brings me to my next example: there was, like, 2 weeks where I was just feelin' myself. The stars were aligned, the pheromones I was emitting were on point - I was feeling hot. During that brief period, I turned heads left and right - why? Because I was confident. I look the same (minus more acne, unfortunately) and have lost weight since, but don't feel hot anymore which in turn, turns people off.

Anyway, moral of the story, don't lose hope or give up - it can happen.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I'm feeling very worried today for my family and myself, Someone has been coming in our yard late at night sabotaging our vehicles and our water pump this person took it upon there self to undo the lines off our fuel pump under the hood of our truck my partner could have been caught in flames riding to work yesterday morning, We are going to figure out who is doing this we plan on setting camera's up soon,

You can just get one of those trail cameras for cheap in the meantime. They're night-vision and take very good images.

My neighbors were going to set-up security cameras but found the temporary trail cameras they put-up did a fine job, so they ended-up just keeping them instead.

Graeme1988

Sorry to hear that.

Och! It's just the standard response ah get from everyone in my family, except my oldest sister. But hey, I'm used to be the person who gets treated like crap all the time. Having to rely upon no-one but myself. I've always been scapegoat. :sad:

MollyBeGood

worried this website is compromised because I logged in earlier and was in another users account..
Anyone else having issues?

Today is not as entertaining as yesterday. Oh well, not to worry, i'll just have to make my own entertainment! :bigsmile: :thumbup:
Not a problem...

Last edited:

grapevine

Well I drank activated charcoal this morning in a HUGE glass of water and the results tonight were just like the last time. A good clean out lol.

worried this website is compromised because I logged in earlier and was in another users account..
Anyone else having issues?
Whoa! :eek: Have you contacted a mod about that?

It is very sad and anger inducing to watch all of the dumb sheeple wander about like Zombies, in society.

It is equally distressing to watch the high number of human beings with such selfish, wilfully ignorant ideas - making other human beings suffer so greatly - without a care in the world.
Makes want to vomit.

Most human beings are truly evil creatures! :sad:

It is very sad and anger inducing to watch all of the dumb sheeple wander about like Zombies, in society.

It is equally distressing to watch the high number of human beings with such selfish, wilfully ignorant ideas - making other human beings suffer so greatly - without a care in the world.
Makes want to vomit.

Most human beings are truly evil creatures! :sad:

Pacified & dumbed-down by addictive substances/media, humans in general have their heads stuck right up their own anuses.