How are you feeling?

defiance

The question right now for me is, do i stay stuck in mind-numbingly-boring tedium, OR get out there a bit (socialize; which i'm pretty crap at, even with alcohol)??? :question:
(each day i'm flip-flopping with this!)

I'd say get out there. I do it even when I don't want to with every fiber of my being. Just because it's a social thing to do I suppose. Maybe it might spark a bit of happiness who knows.

I'd say get out there. I do it even when I don't want to with every fiber of my being. Just because it's a social thing to do I suppose
So you do it, even when you really can't (really really don't want to), but at the same time you are (barely) "able" to do it. That takes real courage man!. So good on you for doing that. I wish i had courage like that.

mantishugo

I'm little stressed out today. There are lots of work to do towards self-improvement. Plus family responsibility. Keep oneself healthy to meet everyone's expectation is utmost important.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
No offense intended to ya, but your family is SO full of discrepancies and contradictions.

Ah know... I've lived with 'em long enough to notice. But they don't like when I point that out. To them that's a bit c*nty. They'd rather I just be happy, like they are, and not question things.

No wonder they're emotionally-mixed-up nutjobs! :giggle:

Well... I'm an equally emotionally mixed-up nutbag. So, none taken. :rolleyes:
Par for the course when ye grow up in a single-parent, matriarchal, man-hating household, I guess. :sad:

defiance

I wonder what it feels like to wake up in the mornings and actually be happy about the fact that you are alive. Because my experience is usually the complete opposite of this.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Ah know... I've lived with 'em long enough to notice. But they don't like when I point that out. To them that's a bit c*nty. They'd rather I just be happy, like they are, and not question things.

Well... I'm an equally emotionally mixed-up nutbag. So, none taken. :rolleyes:
Par for the course when ye grow up in a single-parent, matriarchal, man-hating household, I guess. :sad:

No offence Graeme, but have you thought about moving out?

Graeme1988

No offence Graeme, but have you thought about moving out?

Thought? Pug, man, it's the only thing keepin' me going at this point. :sad: I've actually thought about it for the best part of 10 years. Ah know, bloody depressing, innit?

But naw, ma mum wouldn't let me move out. Because, y'know, disabled folk are incapable of caring for themselves n' that. And the burden of responsibility for caring for my mum is on me, or so ah keep gettin' told... Because my mum can't function without me. :kickingmyself:

So, for now at least, it looks like I'm doomed to be miserable. Never living up to ma family expectations. Constantly trying to hide my depression; constantly having to justify my existence. Aye, because everything I do needs to have a good reason. And always having to put in that wee bit more than "normal" able-bodied folk.*

* Nae offense intended there. Just saying life is just that wee bit more difficult for the likes of me.

defiance

Wouldn't it be great if there was a return policy on life:bigsmile:. "Yeah I didn't like your product so I am here to return it and go back to being nothing again":bigsmile:

Graeme1988

Pissed off! Went out to a concert a couple nights ago, couldnae enjoy the experience because of a remark one of my sister made to be afore ah left the house :sad:

I am so sick of constantly being judged. Everything ah do seems to be total wrong, so I'm just going to give up making an effort. Cuz, clearly, forcing me to interact socially with a group of people who seem to enjoy making me miserable isn't worth the hassle. :kickingmyself: But that's apparently my fault.

Ah mean, would any of you here willing speak to be people who do nothing but criticise ya? I wouldn't. but then, ma experience in life has taught me people who constantly bring ya down aren't great to be with from the off.

2017 might be ma final year living, since ah cannae put up with much more of this "Do as we say, or else..." b*llocks. :mad:

defiance

Please I am begging you stop torturing me. I can't take it anymore. All these years of letting my mother down. All the times i had to talk myself out of killing myself. All the anger and frustration i have dealt with on top of the people i had to deal with. I am beyond a broken man at this point. Let me have peace please. I can't do this for another year:crying:. I JUST CAN'T:crying:. It's mental cancer. It's just F**KING MENTAL CANCER MAN.:crying:

Wouldn't it be great if there was a return policy on life:bigsmile:. "Yeah I didn't like your product so I am here to return it and go back to being nothing again":bigsmile:
^ Oh hell yes!! :thumbup:

Me yelling at the Sales Clerk.......

"Your product broke not long after I got it.
I have been using it - while broken - because I was told I could fix it if I tried really hard.
However, nothing I have done has fixed it and your product simply does NOTHING that you claimed it would! :sad:
So take it back, your product is a sick joke".
*Throws it over the customer service counter so it will smash when it hits the floor next to the sales clerk's feet* : P

Pissed off! Went out to a concert a couple nights ago, couldnae enjoy the experience because of a remark one of my sister made to be afore ah left the house :sad:

I am so sick of constantly being judged. Everything ah do seems to be total wrong, so I'm just going to give up making an effort. Cuz, clearly, forcing me to interact socially with a group of people who seem to enjoy making me miserable isn't worth the hassle. :kickingmyself: But that's apparently my fault.

Ah mean, would any of you here willing speak to be people who do nothing but criticise ya? I wouldn't. but then, ma experience in life has taught me people who constantly bring ya down aren't great to be with from the off.

2017 might be ma final year living, since ah cannae put up with much more of this "Do as we say, or else..." b*llocks. :mad:
There's only one way to beat them - internally (with your thoughts), as u can't stop them saying what they say, thinking what they think, etc.

In theory, the following could work:
- About an unplesant remark made: 'That aint't necessarily true'
& 'That aint't necessarily bad' & 'I reject those words' (visualize throwing the words in trashcan)
- About an unplesant judgement made: 'I aint't necessarily in the wrong' &
'I aint't necessarily (judgement)' & 'I reject that judgement' (visualize throwing in trashcan)

Graeme1988

Must every decision I made for myself be criticised as wrong?! :kickingmyself: :eek:h:
And my family wonders why I've all but given up speaking.
:veryangry:

Kiwong

I ran 12km, I was slow and I am unfit. But it is such an escape. Another world I disappear into for a while where the anger of the world can't reach.

theoutsider

I wrote a chapter in a new book today. It was the first time I've written creatively in quite a while. It felt good to escape into that part of my mind and let the ideas flow. I always start out with a vague idea of what I want to write and let the creativity take over as I go. It still amazes me how easily that happens. I must do it more often. Maybe I'll make it a new years resolution.

Graeme1988

I always start out with a vague idea of what I want to write and let the creativity take over as I go. It still amazes me how easily that happens. I must do it more often. Maybe I'll make it a new years resolution.

I think I might do that as well. :thinking: Just need the inspiration or motivation to do it.