How are you feeling?

MikeyC

I'm only 22 but I feel much older. I'm so weary. The "real world" is killing me.
The weight of the world has aged me physically more than I like to think. I look at photos when I was 21 to now (26) and I think my depression and anxiety have finally caught up to my appearance.

I would like to hope that you're not heading down the same path. I think you need to figure out what you like doing and try to pursue that, or pick even simpler goals and fulfil those. Whatever you choose, I hope it's not #3.

jaim38

Why can’t I release my emotions while other people can? Why is it that other people can curse at me, calling me b---, f----, and s---, and get away with it? But when I call them “wt” or “tt”, I get retaliated against? It’s not fair because this is supposed to be a free country where people have freedom of speech. If other people get to curse, then I get to curse too. If other people get to name-call, I get to do that too, especially in retaliation to those people who labeled me. I am sick of the double standards that exist.

Now, I’m not even sure how to release my emotions without retaliation. If I tell somebody, they might think I’m really prejudiced as a person. This forum’s one of the only places where I can freely express my thoughts without judgment. I hate to bottle up emotions - I do that in the past and it kills me slowly inside. I end up a real emotional wreck later down the road.

I still want to vent. Just as those people still think I’m a b----, I still think they are wt and won’t back down. People can’t tell me what to think, and thinking doesn’t hurt anybody. People tell me that i should be more assertive, and this is what I'm doing.

Edit: I can't be an "angel" all the time. Sometimes I'm a "devil" but most of the time, I'm somewhere in between. I'm not perfect, people shouldn't expect me to act like a lady at all times.

Last edited:

jaim38

I also want to say that I'm not forcing anybody to listen to me rant or read my posts on the forum. If people don't like what I have to say, they don't have to listen or read my posts. I had a friend who I used to rely on for emotional support. I would call him up frequently and he would listen to me talk while he's typing/working on the computer. I know he's not really listening because he would give me half-a**ed answers to my questions. I probably bored him to death. I just wish he could stop pretending and tell me the truth. Now I found this forum where I can vent so I don't need to rely on him anymore. And I imagine he must be so happy to finally get rid of me.

Lamb

Why can’t I release my emotions while other people can? Why is it that other people can curse at me, calling me b---, f----, and s---, and get away with it? But when I call them “wt” or “tt”, I get retaliated against? It’s not fair because this is supposed to be a free country where people have freedom of speech. If other people get to curse, then I get to curse too. If other people get to name-call, I get to do that too, especially in retaliation to those people who labeled me. I am sick of the double standards that exist.

Jaim38, double standards in reference to what if you don't mind me asking?

Just had an experience myself. Made me realize I need to learn how to be more assertive without caring about the outcome, because I can't deal with peoples sh*t anymore.

jaim38

Jaim38, double standards in reference to what if you don't mind me asking?

Just had an experience myself. Made me realize I need to learn how to be more assertive without caring about the outcome, because I can't deal with peoples sh*t anymore.

The bullies can say whatever they want and nobody has a problem with that. They even get applauded, cheered on, encouraged by others to continue their harassing behavior. And I realize that there's freedom of speech so they do have a right to curse at me, calling me b----, f---, s---. But, when I'm the one doing the name calling towards those bullies, I get retaliated against. People tell me to shut up, they tried to silence me. They accuse me of being prejudiced. It's like I can't even express myself anymore. This is the double standard. Maybe it's because I'm unpopular that people don't think I have the right to free speech??

dottie

alien-gif-1.gif

like it's trying to gnaw its way out through my pelvis

planemo

The bullies can say whatever they want and nobody has a problem with that. They even get applauded, cheered on, encouraged by others to continue their harassing behavior. And I realize that there's freedom of speech so they do have a right to curse at me, calling me b----, f---, s---. But, when I'm the one doing the name calling towards those bullies, I get retaliated against. People tell me to shut up, they tried to silence me. They accuse me of being prejudiced. It's like I can't even express myself anymore. This is the double standard. Maybe it's because I'm unpopular that people don't think I have the right to free speech??

i think it has a lot to do with "the aggrieved always kick down". body language, group acceptance, conforming to social norms as well self confidence has a lot to do with where we find ourselves in the seemingly inverted pyramid of social hierarchy.

i know what you mean since i get that treatment too. it's like people can kick down on me, but i can't kick back at them. for one group it's acceptable but for the other it's not. i find myself right at the bottom of this hierarchy, and i really wish it didn't exist at all. but you shouldn't back down if your rights are being violated. i always feel that the real cowards pick on the weak since they know they can't fight back. but when you do fight back that's when this structure becomes difficult on them but in saying that, i do think there's a right way and a wrong way to fight back. behaving the same way as them, for me personally doesn't really solve anything. if anyone out there knows the right way to get back at at these bullies i would love to know it.

bcsr

Pretty damn good. Found out yesterday morning that I'm about to get a promotion and moved to a much better department at work. On top of that, my parents renewed their wedding vows last night for their 30th year anniversary. Got to see some family I haven't seen in a long time. It was a really small ceremony, but nice.

dottie

i'm supposed to hang out with friends later and i am not feeling sociable. while i can muster the energy to drive there, once there i'm afraid i don't have the energy to feign enthusiasm or have anything to contribute. :l

i'm supposed to hang out with friends later and i am not feeling sociable. while i can muster the energy to drive there, once there i'm afraid i don't have the energy to feign enthusiasm or have anything to contribute. :l

Are you able to tell them that you are sick at the moment? Headache? stomach problems? etc