How are you feeling?

DeadmanWalking

disrespected. my boyfriend says his piece then runs, shuts me out, and will not listen to mine. it is so unfair and disrespectful. manipulative. cowardly. immature.

i'm so frustrated.

Is this the first time he's done this, dottie?

You're right on all counts about his actions and justified in your feelings. If this is a rare occurence, maybe you two can talk it out when the both of you are calm. If this is common, you may need to go to relationship counseling or rethink this relationship. A relationship is made up of two people, whose opinion and feelings deserve to be listened to and respected.

dottie

@deadmanwalking it's a recurring problem, unfortunately, whenever i want to talk about anything important. he is a great guy but this really, really puts me through the ringer.

DeadmanWalking

@deadmanwalking it's a recurring problem, unfortunately, whenever i want to talk about anything important. he is a great guy but this really, really puts me through the ringer.

Even when you bring this up? Something needs to be done about this. If he isn't willing to listen to you nor willing to change, then it may be best if you left. Try taking him to relationship counseling.

Labyrinthine

Pain. My ankle really hurts. I'm kind of freaking out, since I have to skate with my coach in a few hours and my ankle is swollen from merely flexing it. It seems far too late to cancel.

dottie

@deadmanwalking i told him it's disrespectful and that a relationship requires communication. he said, "why would he want to talk if he's going to be accused of things," and now he is giving me the silent treatment. when he finally comes around in a few days he will act oblivious and try to act like i'm being dramatic. it burns me so.

this isn't even the initial problem. this is like the sub problem of him evading the original problem.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Overwhelmed and disappointed. ::(: Going through a difficult time at the moment. I guess my father's death back in May has affected me more than I'd like to admit. Then there's my dysfunctional relationship with my mother...

Had an awful realisation during my CBT appointment yesterday, which I couldn't bring myself to say out loud: "This isn't helping me at all!" ::(: My problems, obviously, go beyond just Social Anxiety. Clearly, I've got unresolved abandonment issues on both sides of my family, which relate to my SA and low self-esteem.

(Sorry if I'm being a right dour, pessimistic arsehole these past few days)

Srijita52

So seriously, what's wrong with me? I mean I know I'm ugly, awkward, probably a shame to be around. Am I really so very unlikeable that people don't even want to notice me??

Graeme1988

So seriously, what's wrong with me? I mean I know I'm ugly, awkward, probably a shame to be around. Am I really so very unlikeable that people don't even want to notice me??

Sorry you feel that way, Srijita. But you're not ugly or unlikeable.

Graeme1988

I feel like giving up. Why do people say something pessimistic then tell me "not to despair"? Are you f**kin' kiddin' me?! F**k off! :mad: Maybe I should just give up on everything?!

Srijita52

@deadmanwalking i told him it's disrespectful and that a relationship requires communication. he said, "why would he want to talk if he's going to be accused of things," and now he is giving me the silent treatment. when he finally comes around in a few days he will act oblivious and try to act like i'm being dramatic. it burns me so.

this isn't even the initial problem. this is like the sub problem of him evading the original problem.
I'm sorry dottie, that's really not a mature way to solve any problem. I hope things get sorted between you two.
Pain. My ankle really hurts. I'm kind of freaking out, since I have to skate with my coach in a few hours and my ankle is swollen from merely flexing it. It seems far too late to cancel.
I'm sorry, I hope it heals soon.

GraybeardGhost

Sorry you feel that way, Srijita. But you're not ugly or unlikeable.

I can't claim to know you, Srijita, and I've no idea what you look like, but based on what I've seen in this forum, I have to agree with Graeme. You always have a kind word for anyone else who's feeling down, even a new guy like me, and you go out of your way to try to help people feel better about themselves. There's nothing ugly, awkward, or unlikable about that. In fact, it demonstrates the kind of genuine beauty and grace that makes this often disheartening world a bearable place in which to live. If we were all to meet up in the real world, I strongly suspect that most of the people who know you from SPW would be just as proud to know you in person and call you a friend. I know I would. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Phoenixx

^ There's absolutely nothing wrong with you. You're one of the sweetest people I've ever talked to (even if it is just online), I don't see how anyone couldn't like you. :)