How are you feeling?

DeadmanWalking

Like a horrible, selfish person for turning down an appointment today, just because I felt like I couldn't handle it

I wouldn't say that you're horrible or selfish, just that, as you said, "you couldn't handle it". Don't feel rushed to overcome this anxiety, but do take some steps forward. You know yourself best, so select the pace that you want to take and don't do something that's "too much" for you. If you really, honestly feel bad about it, then make it up. Maybe promise yourself to accept the next appointment you receive or something like that.

Dekez

I wouldn't say that you're horrible or selfish, just that, as you said, "you couldn't handle it". Don't feel rushed to overcome this anxiety, but do take some steps forward. You know yourself best, so select the pace that you want to take and don't do something that's "too much" for you. If you really, honestly feel bad about it, then make it up. Maybe promise yourself to accept the next appointment you receive or something like that.

Well, I feel horrible about it because I could almost feel the dissapointment from the other person when I turned it down, and because I really couldn't explain why I was cancelling, it just gave me an irrational feeling that this person now hates me although I know it not to be true.

DeadmanWalking

Well, I feel horrible about it because I could almost feel the dissapointment from the other person when I turned it down, and because I really couldn't explain why I was cancelling, it just gave me an irrational feeling that this person now hates me although I know it not to be true.

Just remember disappointment doesn't always equal hate. If they truly hated you simply because you wouldn't go out with them, then they might not be a person you really need in life at the moment.

Labyrinthine

Disoriented. I had three bad migraine episodes today. My migraine episodes are dizziness more so than pain. My neurologist says they're like mini strokes. A nuisance more than anything, but so many in a day really leaves me feeling not so hot xD.

KiaKaha

Banned
It's raining, cold, windy and I have to spend the next four hours outside.
DAMN it all.
Damn it all to hell. You maniacs...You blew it up damn you...

Invisibleman

Im extremely tired. Im very excited for the Olympics starting tomorrow. I love the Olympics but I hate it in the most paradoxical of ways. On one hand I love athletics and sports so I love watching it for that. But then on the other hand im sitting on my worthless ass at home, watching other people have awesome lives and it makes me feel depressed::(:

planemo

Im extremely tired. Im very excited for the Olympics starting tomorrow. I love the Olympics but I hate it in the most paradoxical of ways. On one hand I love athletics and sports so I love watching it for that. But then on the other hand im sitting on my worthless ass at home, watching other people have awesome lives and it makes me feel depressed::(:

I feel the same way. I use watching sports as an escape, but i often wonder how much i could be adding to my own life, if i stop living through the dreams, accomplishments and failures of certain teams and individuals. maybe if i spent less time watching them, i could be doing something to improve myself. but as i said, it's such a great escape, that i find it hard to let go. i actually know a guy from high school who took part in this years Tour de France. i was happy for him, but it made me feel like a real failure.

I'm a little bummed. I'm not entirely sure why. I just feel like a disappointment somehow. My job interview went well yesterday. Or I guess it did. We honestly didn't talk about much. The guy said that my retail experience and my love of books is a good thing and that they wouldn't be making any decisions until early next week. That's fine and dandy, I guess. But for every other job I've had, I've always walked out of the interview with notice that I've gotten the job. I don't like waiting.

I also went to visit my grandmother yesterday. My cousin's wife came into town to help take care of her. My grandma wants me to be the one to do it. But it became perfectly clear that I cannot handle the medical aspects of her recovery. I've known this, but I thought I would give it a try. Some people are just not cut out to be the caring, nurturing kind and I am one of them. I said I was going to be there today, and I flaked out. I tried to call, but no one answered the phone. I don't really care what my grandmother thinks about it, but I hope my cousin's wife isn't upset. I honestly thought I could change somehow and become a nurse-y type of person.

ETA: And now my hands are shaking a bit.

Last edited:

CillaHasBrainActivity

My therapist had surgery. I haven't seen him in three weeks and I won't be able to see him until the end of August.
In the meantime, where am I to put all this crazy!?

DeadmanWalking

My therapist had surgery. I haven't seen him in three weeks and I won't be able to see him until the end of August.
In the meantime, where am I to put all this crazy!?

I usually put my crazy in storage::p:. I've got a monopoly on the thing:rolleyes:! But, seriously, why don't you try talking to some friends about it until they come back?