How are you feeling?

Invisibleman

I tried to refrain from going on facebook and seeing all of the fun plans that everybody has for today but I did anyway and now I feel sad.

Gaucho

sad and lonely and stupid as usually. but at the same time i won't complain about it anymore, i trie to learn to see it as a fact, and maybe i will be able to change it in the future

Silatuyok

I feel good. Finished my second half week of training at my new job, and I actually think I'm going to really like the people I work with. Maybe we'll even be friends???? :eek: It's too early to get my hopes up..

Nathália

Hopelessly stuck. ::(:

I feel like I don't care anymore, don't give a s***. I've got nothing to say... not that anyone cares what I've got to say, anyway. Can't be bother with having to socialize. Actually, let me re-phrase that last part: feeling obligated to socialize by others. :mad: I'm fed up with people trying to force their ideas onto me, of how I should be, what I should do. Should does not mean "Yes". But my oldest sister - manipulative "Can't take "No" for answer" b**** that she is, can't f***ing comprehend that. :mad: Personally, I'd much rather do things on my own terms but can't have that, can we? Me doing what I want to do.

Pushing me into being social (like my family are trying to do), without dealing with my SA and depression, just makes things worse. I wish I could just get away from society for awhile, away from all the pressure, and be alone.

Angry rant over.

Is there a medium in your family? Someone that can help two people to communicate by giving good input? If they don't understand social anxiety, try to see if your doctor can explain it to one of them, while you're in the room having a conversation. It may be difficult for others to understand social anxiety because they may see it as just being shy and it may take them a while to get it.

If they ask you do want something and you say, "no I'm not interested", do you get a negative response for that? There are techniques to try talk to controlling people. Being straight forward is a good thing, but with some it's hard to be straight forward because they may take offense.

I she knew you were very sad and didn't think she was the cause, would you get any sympathy from her? Can you make a deal with her? Your family would really let her stop talking to you with out sorting both of you out? Like if your mother ( whoever) see's that both of her children are not talking, she would not pay that any mind? Their pushing you to do things, maybe their concerned and don't understand that not everyone can be like them?

" Hay, I want to do my own thing for a while, I'm different from the rest of you guys, so it makes it hard to do what you like" They would be mad over that? Why would someone get mad over that? You're an adult. ...Hope you get better Graeme.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Is there a medium in your family? Someone that can help two people to communicate by giving good input? If they don't understand social anxiety, try to see if your doctor can explain it to one of them, while you're in the room having a conversation. It may be difficult for others to understand social anxiety because they may see it as just being shy and it may take them a while to get it.

No, there isn't. And I very much doubt my mum would come with me to a therapy session, anyway. That'd just end with us having an argument. There alot of unresolved issues*.

If they ask you do want something and you say, "no I'm not interested", do you get a negative response for that? There are techniques to try talk to controlling people. Being straight forward is a good thing, but with some it's hard to be straight forward because they may take offense.

I do, if I don't justify why I'm not interested. Yeah, with my oldest sister, an answer, other than "Yes", has to have a reason. "No, not interested..." isn't good enough. I mean, do you need anymore of a hint?

I she knew you were very sad and didn't think she was the cause, would you get any sympathy from her? Can you make a deal with her? Your family would really let her stop talking to you with out sorting both of you out? Like if your mother ( whoever) see's that both of her children are not talking, she would not pay that any mind? Their pushing you to do things, maybe their concerned and don't understand that not everyone can be like them?

My mum probably wouldn't take much notice of that, especially if I mentioned it. I mean I get the "Here we go again..." response everytime I try to talk about axiety and depression issues. Then again, she pay much attention to me, anyway - emotional neglect during childhood (*This being one of them). My sister would probably be sympathetic, but she doesn't take well to hearing something she doesn't want to hear, especially about herself. As what happened over Christmas, when other sister (she's older than me as well, but closer to me in age) had an argument with her. The oldest of 3 has tendency to storm off in a huff.

" Hay, I want to do my own thing for a while, I'm different from the rest of you guys, so it makes it hard to do what you like" They would be mad over that? Why would someone get mad over that? You're an adult. ...Hope you get better Graeme.

Not really. I think they just can't accept the fact I'm actually a fairly introverted person, and like to be my own company.y

SilentBird

Graeme1988 I'm sorry to hear that your family is giving you so much grief. I don't know what to say. I do have step-siblings and I don't feel like I owe them much or anything. My half-siblings, that's a different story. I hope you can come to some understanding with your family and they learn to accept you as you are.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Graeme1988 I'm sorry to hear that your family is giving you so much grief. I don't know what to say. I do have step-siblings and I don't feel like I owe them much or anything. My half-siblings, that's a different story. I hope you can come to some understanding with your family and they learn to accept you as you are.

I don't be sorry, but I appreciate that you know what I'm going through. Though, I'm becoming increasingly pessimistic about that last part of what you said happening. If they accepted me as I am, then they wouldn't be constantly force me to be social as much as they do. I know, they mean well, but they're not helping my social anxiety. Though, I hope therapy can help make it possible, just wish the sessions would start already - it's been 3 months, for f*** sake! :mad:

Off topic: Just a a typo correction in one of my previous posts here, I meant my half-sister, not step-sister.

Srijita52

lonely_drummer

Got outta the hospital yesterday but I decided to go stay with my parents for a week or two but holy **** I want to go back home already after one day. Why did I agree to come stay here? My folks can't take care of me and I need someone who can, which would happen at home. My folks r workaholics and r barely home. Today one of my slings fell off and I couldn't get it back on all day and my docs said that I have to be in them 24/7 no matter what cuz my shoulders can easily pop back out of place and my left humerus is fractured. So I think I'm gonna go back home tomorrow, I will actually get taken care of cuz there's usually always someone home and my roommates seem to care more about me than my own folks do. I get it, I wasn't the greatest son, maybe I deserve this.

But on a plus side I got a bunch of percocettes for pain lol, mmmmmmmmmmm

Srijita52

Got outta the hospital yesterday but I decided to go stay with my parents for a week or two but holy **** I want to go back home already after one day. Why did I agree to come stay here? My folks can't take care of me and I need someone who can, which would happen at home. My folks r workaholics and r barely home. Today one of my slings fell off and I couldn't get it back on all day and my docs said that I have to be in them 24/7 no matter what cuz my shoulders can easily pop back out of place and my left humerus is fractured. So I think I'm gonna go back home tomorrow, I will actually get taken care of cuz there's usually always someone home and my roommates seem to care more about me than my own folks do. I get it, I wasn't the greatest son, maybe I deserve this.

But on a plus side I got a bunch of percocettes for pain lol, mmmmmmmmmmm
I agree. Definitely go home if there's someone to take care of you.

lonely_drummer

Yeah guys I think I'm gonna go back tomorrow. I was worried about maybe hurting their feelings but I gotta think about myself first. I need to get better and as soon as possible. Being armless for 6 weeks isn't gonna pay the bills so I need to get better quickly. And staying here, I'm just gonna end up hurting myself even more. Plus I really can't stand them when theyre actually around, lol. They stress me out by constantly bombarding me with reasons as to why I had these seizures. Yeah I get they're curious, I am too but I don't wanna be thinking and worrying about it all the time. Plus my dad is rubbing it in my face that I cant play guitar for 6 weeks which has gotten me severely depressed. Suicidal thoughts keep popping in and out of my head :(
No music, there reason to live, it's my air

MikeyC

Six weeks is a very long time, mate. I can see why you want to get out of there and not having music to fall back on would be very bad. In the meantime you can listen to as much as you want. :)