Girls Only

PennyLane

Any girls out there find however they're feeling its basically 10 times worse once a month??

Im a nightmare for this...but I don't like to take medication of any kind, even the pill (which i've been told makes a big difference) so im a bit stuck with it.

Anyway just wondered if the rest of you ladies felt like the incredible hulk :mad: for those special few days....

miss_amy

Auntie Flo lol. Not heard that one before.

Yes Im the same. Definitly more emotional at those times.

BabyBoo

i used to get quite emotional at those times, but im on the contraceptive injection now so dont get that problem anymore :D xxx

Satine

I never get the same premenstrual symptoms from one month to the next. Since I came off the pill which was about 3 years ago, the length of time from one menstruation to the next has changed by a few days, I've had spotting on occasions, I've had sore boobs, depression, irritability, abdominal cramps, and they all come in apparently random fashion and in varying severity.

I'm beginning to think I should speak to my doctor about some kind of treatment, but the pill killed my sex drive and I found that unspeakably dull. I'd rather have a sex drive and an awkward premenstrual routine than the alternative. I also hate taking medicine. But if the problem gets really bad, I'll seek advice. I'm hoping this is just some kind of wierd stage of change in my life and that it'll settle down soon.

neko

Yeah mine are quite annoying. I never know when it'll arrive, it's a little bit irregular. Plus, even if I have PMS it could be for as long as 2 weeks before it actually happens, that is annoying. On top of that, the first 2 days are hell. I bleed A LOT and it hurts very much.

I really hate it. Makes me super grumpy.

The only thing about my cycle is that it's kind of irregular- it can come anywhere between 3 and 5 weeks. I've never really gotten "PMS" per se, at least the "pre" part of it... when I was a teenager the cramps I would have during my period were almost debilitating, but now they're barely noticeable. I've never gotten any other symptoms like irritability or being emotional or anything like that.

Sinar_Matahari

Yeah. lol I'm either a complete bitch or ridiculously emotional. I get depressed easily, my tummy is bloated and my breasts are tender and swollen, and I have horrible gas.

Satine

The swollen boobs are the only good thing in it for me - the other half loves it! We have a laugh about that, which lightens the whole thing.

sleepysparrow

I used to get really moody and severe abdominal pains at this time of the month, but the birth control pill has helped with most of these symptoms and also keeps me regular. However, I still get really sensitive, and I have terrible nightmares during these few days.

Lea

Banned
I don´t care about my period at all. I rarely think about it, when it comes it comes, I don´t even know if it´s regular or not as I don´t watch the dates. i didn´t notice much change in mood.

Roughly between 20-thirtysomething I almost didn´t have periods (I "suffered" amenorhea for years), due to being too thin and vegetarian probably. I was happy about that because I wasn´t destined to have children anyway.

Edit: I forgot to say I do experience some pain also esp. the first and second day, sometimes it´s more but usually minimal. I guess a bit pain in period is normal.

Last edited:

Puffer

Yes. I fire lasers out of my eyes and cry myself to sleep all while chanting absurd notions as to why I am the most despised person on the planet. Just last week my bookshelf was scowling at me, as if to say "you're worthless trash, why do you bother?" and then continued to hurl copies of The Prince of Tides at my face.

The swollen boobs are the only good thing in it for me

I don't know how you can say this. It feels like someone injected led into them. Can you honestly say that is a nice feeling?

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Apparently I'm more easy to irritate before and during, but I've never noticed. I believe my immediate family, especially my mother, has the tedancy to blame almost ANY amount of my irritation on female hormones. Completely counter-productive.

Only thing that changes during that time is the amount of physical pain I have to go through.

But-

I. Don't. Want. Children.

Last edited:

xSleepy

i havent been diagnosed but im pretty sure i have pmdd. ive had pms but ive noticed a big difference on how severe its gotten for the past year. its really hard for me to function for like 2 weeks. the pain i can handle, but its the emotional part that is just horrible. and it does affect the people around me, especially my bf who has to put up with my crap for 2 weeks. its really exhausting and just terrible. i should probably take meds but i cant afford it. i feel like it lasts even longer than 2 weeks somtimes. 2 weeks of hell and then it slowly fades away for another week. i dont know. i just hate it, but its normal for me. i remember my pms stopped for months and it worried me... i wasnt eating good and had lost a lot of weight. just these past 2 months ive been getting my pms or pmdd and i hate it but LOVE IT! im back to "normal".

I HAZ QUESTION!

how do you girls feel about taking pills or shots or whatever that lets you have your period only a few times a year? I think its weird and not natural. It would be nice to not get your period I guess, but its not normal. Maybe it is safe but i really dont want to mess with the natural cycle no matter how horrible it is. Id rather have it then not.

Sinar_Matahari

i havent been diagnosed but im pretty sure i have pmdd. ive had pms but ive noticed a big difference on how severe its gotten for the past year. its really hard for me to function for like 2 weeks. the pain i can handle, but its the emotional part that is just horrible. and it does affect the people around me, especially my bf who has to put up with my crap for 2 weeks. its really exhausting and just terrible. i should probably take meds but i cant afford it. i feel like it lasts even longer than 2 weeks somtimes. 2 weeks of hell and then it slowly fades away for another week. i dont know. i just hate it, but its normal for me. i remember my pms stopped for months and it worried me... i wasnt eating good and had lost a lot of weight. just these past 2 months ive been getting my pms or pmdd and i hate it but LOVE IT! im back to "normal".

I HAZ QUESTION!

how do you girls feel about taking pills or shots or whatever that lets you have your period only a few times a year? I think its weird and not natural. It would be nice to not get your period I guess, but its not normal. Maybe it is safe but i really dont want to mess with the natural cycle no matter how horrible it is. Id rather have it then not.

I'm sorry to hear that you have such a horrible time during your PMS. To answer your question, I would not take pills or shots that would lessen my periods. You're right, it's not natural at all.

Sinar_Matahari

Yes. I fire lasers out of my eyes and cry myself to sleep all while chanting absurd notions as to why I am the most despised person on the planet. Just last week my bookshelf was scowling at me, as if to say "you're worthless trash, why do you bother?" and then continued to hurl copies of The Prince of Tides at my face.

I don't know how you can say this. It feels like someone injected led into them. Can you honestly say that is a nice feeling?

I agree with Satine. The only good part is that my boobs look really full. They do hurt but I can put up with it now that I know what it's like to be pregnant. During and post pregnancy was horrible! Absolutely horrible! My breasts grew from a B Cup to a D Cup and it hurt and then they became swollen with milk. I could not even wear a loose t-shirt or have the blankets over my chest it hurt so bad. Then what was worse was when I began to breast feed. My nipples were cracked and bleeding. So now PMS breast pain is nothing. My mother-in-law, her nipple partly came off during breast feeding. Also, I don't have horrible period cramps after I've had my kid. I can't understand those women who love pregnancy and find it sexy. It's a very ugly thing but completely worth it because nothing beats holding and caring for a newborn baby. I feel sympathy every time I see a pregnant woman. If I am ever insane enough to have more kids, I'm adopting. lol

I feel bad for the straight men who may have ventured here. lol We're ruining breasts and vaginas for them. lol

this_portrait

Oh, geez, don't remind me. I get so pissed off during that time of the month. My moods suck, and lately I'm either so pissed I want to kill someone, or I get so depressed that I feel worthless. I used to be much worse as an early teen; I would get to the point where I was violent. One time I nearly stabbed my cousin with a screwdriver out of anger because she provoked me.

AlleyCat

I always get overly sensitive and emotional. I'm sure I'm not the funnest person to be around during that time. I find that afterward, my moodiness goes down and my sex drive goes up.

PennyLane

I HAZ QUESTION!

I did speak to my doc about the pill last year and she said that there is no need to have periods...if you just conitinue on with the pill or injection...as the periods you have on the pill are not real, they are created by the pill so there is no need to actually have them. To be honest though...this is what I dislike about contraceptives like that...its not realy natural. Im not agiainst it...its just not for me!

Im an emotional nightmare when I have mine...so really this would probably be good for me. I try and keep track of it so I know im not slipping into some sort of depression.....after about 2 days i wake up absolutely fine again.