Feel too unattractive for love?

planemo

Simple answer yes. I'm just too conscious of any type of flaw, real or imagined. Because of this and my shyness, I will probably be alone forever. : (

There are many people who I can think of (both famous & not) who have noticeable physical "issues" (whatever you want to call it), but they have love. When I look at them, I just see a loving couple.

I often focus on what I can't stand about myself, physically. In my experience, other people don't care/don't think it's as bad as we think.

Last edited:
I think it is less my looks, though they are a cause of concern, as much as my personality and ability to relate to others.

thor01

Yes I often feel like this because not getting love when everyone else around me makes me automatically think I must be less attractive weather that's true or not.

Last edited:

exquisite

i feel that way all the time.. i've only recently realized that my insecurities about my physical appearance are definitely the cause for me constantly pushing guys away, & with those guys, i push away my chance to be happy. but i just can't seem to do anything about it, i can't even imagine that the things i hate about myself would be the things that a guy wouldn't mind. like my "wobbly bits" for example.. i don't consider myself to be "fat" or big, but those little spots on my stomach or on my legs, my arms, etc? they destroy me. that's why i mainly stay in during the summer, i don't feel like i look decent enough in a swim suit.. so the thought of actually letting any guy see me naked? it terrifies me. but sometimes i really do wonder, if a person truly cares about you, would they see all the flaws in you as ugly? or even unattractive?

planemo

well, we can be alone together then ..

I hope you are not saying that you feel unattractive too...

I guess sometimes we can be our own harshest critics. But where do you draw the line? I guess that's the hard part, keeping a balance.

Luke1993

i think im a very unattractive person. I put a picture of myslef in the post your picture thread two days ago and nobody said a word about it. Silence speaks volumes!

Yeah and the fact I've never had a girlfriend lol. Personality is not very good also unfortunately.

I see myself as plain, or, dull looking – If an attractive woman showed some interest in me, I would have to refuse her, or, make up some lie that I'm already seeing someone; its worked a charm before. My reason? She can do better; I would only be dragging her down. I would like her enough not to date her, if that makes sense to anyone.

Do you believe that will happen? It's strange... we all tend to have bad self images, but sometimes others don't see us that way.

I think it is the most likely scenario for my future. Even if someone did like the way I look, my personality is just so...bleh it would ruin it.

Emily_G

Thankfully, I met my husband when I was young....age 17.

It was like boom boom boom: got Saved in Feb 04, met him in May, graduated high school in June, left for Indiana in July, left for school in another state in August. I didn't really have time to think...just do. That probably helped.

I've turned away many potential loves for the fear that I'd be such a disappointment. My personality bites..my looks..sicken me. I remember back in high school I told a friend that I will die a lonely old man..the older I get the more that is becoming a reality.

i mean, who doesn't? there's to high standard and i can't live up to it.

Yeah, where do we draw the line? there's no limit to this.

I think once you're labeled as "attractive" by people, they will ignore your so called flaws and see them as necessary (good) features that distinguish you from everybody else. So embrace your "flaws". They're what make you unique.

rayray

yes,simple question.
however,ppl probably doesnt see us as we do.

Every day at school,i see these couples holding hands,kissing and it kinda makes me jealous,because i feel that i'll be single for the rest of my life and no girl will find me attractive,ever.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I am as attractive as the monster under your bed and my personality is ****ed up. I am like a character from an horror movie or something...

this_portrait

People tell me I'm attractive all the time, but if that's true, then why the hell haven't I found someone yet? I have to go on dating sites because no guy will ever take the time to actually get to know me in reality.

My other issue is that my personality sucks. It's not that I feel unattractive physically; I feel hideous when it comes to my personality. I'm too emotionally distant, and I don't want to get too close because people are lying pieces of sh*t and will stab you in the back. I don't need that stress in my life; I get enough stress worrying about whether or not I'll even succeed.

shore_of_glass

yup.
But... how different can other people see us? Much different than the guy I see in the mirror? I just can't buy that..

as for personality... Don't really know how's mine lol. Thus, must be a ****ed up one.

Tlachtgha

Yes, absolutely.
I've been told by a psychologist that I have BDD (another problem to add to the list :)) and my dissatisfaction with my appearance is definitely the main cause of my SP.

Whenever I'm in the presence of females I take it as a fact that I will be seen as unattractive by them. It's a deeply painful, and I think damaging, way to feel.
I find myself becoming more and more envious of and resentful towards good-looking people. :(

I read the book "Frankenstein" a few years ago and could really empathise with the "monster" :) He didn't start of as a monster - he was as innocent and capable of love as a child. It was people's hatred and rejection of him that made the "monster".

Last edited: