February Goals

Silatuyok

February is nigh! Does anyone have any goals they would like to work on during the month of February?

My focus for the month will be on fitness and music. I want to get into the habit of incorporating yoga into every day, even if it's just ten minutes.

I also really want to work on developing my musical side. One of these days I'd like to perform at least one song in public with my bf, or my bf's band, probably on keyboard. This month will be dedicated to working toward that goal.

Ithior

My goals are to keep doing my online classes, go see these three studying places nearby and try to get a job there or volunteer, and I have to get my computer's back cleaned. I think it's a major source of dust in my room.

Nanita

We should do this goal thread every month... it's quite nice.

February:
FINISH the big painting that is standing there, mocking me for not being able to finish.

Write down my dreams in my dream notebook, this is a tool to induce my lucid dreaming.

Keep going to yoga classes. Even though I can't stand all the chit-chatting before and after class.....

Goals! :)

Write down my dreams in my dream notebook, this is a tool to induce my lucid dreaming.

I keep meaning to do this. I hate forgetting dreams. I'm jealous of you and others on here you have mentioned lucid dreaming. I really want to try it. It seems like it would be really difficult to do, though.

One of my goals this month is to continue to meditate every day for 3 minutes until I reach 4 minutes, then 5, etc., up to 10 minutes at least. I'm finding it enjoyable and it does seem to help with the anxiety a little.

I also want to continue working out regularly. Sometimes I let two or three days go by without exercising, and I want to get to a point where I do it at least 5 days a week.

GraybeardGhost

I also really want to work on developing my musical side. One of these days I'd like to perform at least one song in public with my bf, or my bf's band, probably on keyboard. This month will be dedicated to working toward that goal.

Far out, Marie! That's a huge goal for someone with SA, but I have no doubt you'll pull it off with style, because you're awesome. I just wish I could be there to cheer you on. :thumbup:

My goals, in no particular order:
• Get the taxes done and out of the way early for once.

• Read at least one good book.

• Make a serious effort toward straightening up my apartment, including, if necessary, getting someone in to help. (Yikes!)

• Strengthen and enhance my online friendships.

• Go out to eat with my real-life friends at least once.​

Too much? I dunno. I'm not really used to this sort of thing, being more of a listless lump kind of guy. I may be setting the bar a bit higher than I can jump, but if so, I can always set it up again next month, right?

Ithior

I keep meaning to do this. I hate forgetting dreams. I'm jealous of you and others on here you have mentioned lucid dreaming. I really want to try it. It seems like it would be really difficult to do, though.

It comes more easily to some people. I don't write my dreams down and I have lucid dreams pretty often. It might be because I naturally tend to wake up several times during the night, and when I do I'm also naturally recalling what I was dreaming about. When I fall back asleep I might continue the dream or start a new one. Sometimes I become aware that I'm in a dream when the latter happens. Other times I'm already aware as the dream starts, but it's usually not as realistic and just about anything can make me wake up from it.

You just need to get in the habit of paying attention to your dreams. It might be a bit scary at first, when you still can't control much of your dream. Sometimes you want to get out of it but you just can't wake up. To avoid that you should try to memorise a few techniques to help you wake up, like falling behind. Trying to wake up by opening your eyes might make you wake up in another dream (that's what usually happens to me).

Then you just have to experiment different things. In my case, if I want something or someone to appear, I have to think of its name and start walking somewhere else (it just won't appear right in front of me). I can't try to imagine the thing or I'll likely wake up.

Silatuyok

Am I the only one who thinks that lucid dreaming sounds exhausting? Sleep is my one time to get away and not have to make decisions. Having to put effort into doing something in my sleep just makes me feel tired thinking about it.

Ithior

Am I the only one who thinks that lucid dreaming sounds exhausting? Sleep is my one time to get away and not have to make decisions. Having to put effort into doing something in my sleep just makes me feel tired thinking about it.

I'm not exactly doing anything tiring during the day so it doesn't affect me much. Lucid dreaming isn't very tiring, but you don't really have to make decisions. You're only controlling a few things, not the whole dream. You just have to think "I feel like going to the beach", and after a bit you might find yourself there. You don't have to imagine what the beach looks like or anything, you just have to make the suggestion to your unconscious. The "level of consciousness" isn't the same as when you're awake.

Rawz

I've got so many things that I am trying to do, so many things I want to accomplish. Some of these I started in December:

• Design my website
  • Code my website
  • Name my website
  • Use tutorials to learn more about Fractal creation with Apophysis
  • Learn to use/write scripts for Apophysis
  • Learn to animate with Apophysis
  • Start reading books in my book qeue
  • Get a solid, daily routine established
  • Work on my drawing
  • Be in-the-moment/mindful, focus only on the task at hand, JUST DO
  • Finish my 3D model for MM2
  • Check out beginnger tutorials for Blender
  • Start creating mid quality 3D models and start rendering
  • Accomplish as much as possible each day!
  • Continue to gain self-control, and do no more gaming, internet, movie watching, etc than needed.
  • Make life about my health, both physical and mental, and, the most needed, intelligence/knowledge/brain function/etc
  • Continue to research traveling, resourcefulness, insurance, independence, traveling/living on the road, being homeless and not getting into trouble, and not being taken advantage of, etc

Did I forget anything? Possibly.

Other goals that are put on hold due to winter:

• Get another job
  • Earn $4,000+ as quickly as possible
  • Buy a car
  • Buy supplies/devices/misc to prepare me for possible traveling/homelessness

Phew! That's a lot. But it's time to drastically change. And since I'm wanting to do so much I really have to cut internet, gaming, movies/TV, etc down as much as possible and spend time each day just sorting through theses things, writing, organizing things in my head, and meditating. And of course, doing them. Once I have the necessary funds, I need to get everything set up and organized so I am ready for possible homelessness.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go do things.

Hoppy

I am going to participate in Thing a day.

I have to do something creative every day for February.

This is now going to my 5th year.

I still have no idea on what to do.

And I hope to have dropped to below 200 pounds by the end of February

Silatuyok

I am going to participate in Thing a day.

I have to do something creative every day for February.

This is now going to my 5th year.

I still have no idea on what to do.

And I hope to have dropped to below 200 pounds by the end of February

I love this idea! I would get in on it too, but I already have a hard enough time getting my daily photo uploaded for my 3652 project. I don't want to overload myself! Maybe next year...

Nanita

I'm not exactly doing anything tiring during the day so it doesn't affect me much. Lucid dreaming isn't very tiring, but you don't really have to make decisions. You're only controlling a few things, not the whole dream. You just have to think "I feel like going to the beach", and after a bit you might find yourself there. You don't have to imagine what the beach looks like or anything, you just have to make the suggestion to your unconscious. The "level of consciousness" isn't the same as when you're awake.

I'm just very fascinated with what goes on in my dreams. My dreams are always very active so it's not like I can turn them off anyway.
I love being conscious in dreams. It's really exciting to meet some person in a dream and go have an in depth conversation with them. Or kiss them. If I want. Haha.
Now I hope to be able to also bring more action and initiative into my everyday life /awake state :) But I'm loving the dreaming.

Silatuyok

Far out, Marie! That's a huge goal for someone with SA, but I have no doubt you'll pull it off with style, because you're awesome. I just wish I could be there to cheer you on. :thumbup:

My goals, in no particular order:
• Get the taxes done and out of the way early for once.

• Read at least one good book.

• Make a serious effort toward straightening up my apartment, including, if necessary, getting someone in to help. (Yikes!)

• Strengthen and enhance my online friendships.

• Go out to eat with my real-life friends at least once.​

Too much? I dunno. I'm not really used to this sort of thing, being more of a listless lump kind of guy. I may be setting the bar a bit higher than I can jump, but if so, I can always set it up again next month, right?

Thank you! I think you have picked some great goals; I hope you get to do all that you have planned!

Froggy246

I've got so many things that I am trying to do, so many things I want to accomplish. Some of these I started in December:

• Check out beginnger tutorials for Blender

Oh a Blender is easy peasy, you just put the food in and press the start button!

Seriously though sounds like a plan, what's the big traveller/homelessness adventure you are planning on then, or is that mentioned in another thread somewhere? Is it an Into The Wild type thing.

I'll have a think about a goal or two to aim for myself...may involve a keyboard as well, perhaps learn to play one piece of music that I like or something.

Kiwong

Somewhat similar to January.

I have made some progress on my clean up. I have a new vacuum cleaner, which goes like the wind.

I ran today, so my running goal is off to a good start.

The work projects are nearing completion.

For February I want to get more serious about writing my plant book.

Last edited:

Nanita

Goals! :)

There are things you can do to make it happen. Writing my dreams down as soon as I wake up has definitely been working for me. And once in a while I take 5-htp which makes my dreams very vivid and intense. 5-htp is a naturally ocurring amino acid and is pretty harmless.

Last edited:

Rawz

Seriously though sounds like a plan, what's the big traveller/homelessness adventure you are planning on then, or is that mentioned in another thread somewhere? Is it an Into The Wild type thing.

I haven't mentioned it before on here, or anywhere yet. Yeah, it would be something similar to Into The Wild, only I probably wouldn't go out into the wilderness alone. I don't want to end up dead or anything.

Due to certain circumstances, my living situation is going to change, and I'm sick of living with my family (not that I don't like them). And I would love to travel around and see new sights. I also love traveling by car/bus/etc--transportation that allows me to see all the different sights along the way.

I might make a thread about this here sometime. I will most likely be making posts on other forums, looking for help/advice, etc. I want to be well prepared. And I will keep a journal during my adventure(s) and post entries to a blog/forums.

Silatuyok

I haven't mentioned it before on here, or anywhere yet. Yeah, it would be something similar to Into The Wild, only I probably wouldn't go out into the wilderness alone. I don't want to end up dead or anything.

Due to certain circumstances, my living situation is going to change, and I'm sick of living with my family (not that I don't like them). And I would love to travel around and see new sights. I also love traveling by car/bus/etc--transportation that allows me to see all the different sights along the way.

I might make a thread about this here sometime. I will most likely be making posts on other forums, looking for help/advice, etc. I want to be well prepared. And I will keep a journal during my adventure(s) and post entries to a blog/forums.

That sounds amazing. Let us know where we can keep up on your adventures, if you don't mind sharing them. I would definitely be interested in hearing more about it.

MikeyC

February is nigh! Does anyone have any goals they would like to work on during the month of February?

My focus for the month will be on fitness and music. I want to get into the habit of incorporating yoga into every day, even if it's just ten minutes.

Do keep us informed on how this goes, Marie. Playing live is anxiety central, though!

My month is going to include getting a course done, apply for traffic control jobs, and stress about the impending start of uni.

Froggy246

It would be something similar to Into The Wild, only I probably wouldn't go out into the wilderness alone. I don't want to end up dead or anything.

:lol:

That sounds amazing. Let us know where we can keep up on your adventures, if you don't mind sharing them. I would definitely be interested in hearing more about it.

I second that, I love that type of stuff, I use to be obsessed with Michael Palin travel series :)