February Goals

Livemylife

I want to decrease my internet browsing. I spend a lot of time reading/participating in online discussions. I frequent 3 different forums. I think this has a negative toll on me because 1. It's a waste of time 2. It's procrastination 3. I need to cultivate a new hobby instead of just trying to pass time 4. People on the internet say obnoxious things that really shock me. I rather remain ignorant.

Silatuyok

I don't know about you guys, but I've done pretty poorly with this month's goals.

It isn't a total bust: I did manage to get into a sort of routine taking little stretching breaks at work every day. That has helped quite a bit, actually, but I haven't gotten into any kind of real fitness routine. Now that the weather has warmed up and the snow has melted, I'm hoping I will have more motivation to be active.
As for the musical stuff, well, I frequently had the intention of making music, but it just didn't happen more than once or twice this month. :sad:

I still have a week though, maybe I can rally and find the time to do it all!

Rawz

Yeah, mine haven't gone very well because I lost all the energy, the restorative sleep, etc, that I had at the beginning of the month. I'm hoping that I can somehow magically recover during the remainder of this month and go full throttle next month.

Ithior

My goals are to keep doing my online classes
Doing it, had to put two on hold this week because the workload of Chemistry was gigantic.

go see these three studying places nearby and try to get a job there or volunteer
Didn't do it.

and I have to get my computer's back cleaned. I think it's a major source of dust in my room.
Didn't do it either, but I changed my mind on that.

GraybeardGhost

I don't know about you guys, but I've done pretty poorly with this month's goals.

Same here, I'm sorry to say. I wondered if I had set the bar too high, and I guess I did.

• Get the taxes done and out of the way early for once.
Haven't touched 'em. In my defense, however, I only received the last of my 1099s a couple of days ago. I still have a month and a half, so no worries there. :thumbup:

• Read at least one good book.
That hasn't happened either. I did finish the one I started back in January, but I'm not sure it counts as a good book. I managed to read the first few chapters in a new one (which is good), but it's been sitting unopened and forlorn for over a week now. Not too impressive, I'm afraid. :eek:mg:

• Make a serious effort toward straightening up my apartment, including, if necessary, getting someone in to help. (Yikes!)
I swept and vacuumed a couple of weeks ago, and I've been pretty good about keeping the sink free of crusty, funk-covered dishes. All else is as it was, which is not as it should be.

• Strengthen and enhance my online friendships.
I think I've made some progress here, in little ways, but how can one be sure? What's really going on at the other end of that fine, ethereal thread? Are they laughing with me, or at me, and how am I supposed to know? :idontknow:

• Go out to eat with my real-life friends at least once.
This one did not happen, nor will it again the way it used to. :sad: Details to follow in another thread.

In all, I'm disappointed with myself, albeit hardly for the first time. Stlll, March awaits. Maybe I'll get my act together then.

MikeyC

It isn't a total bust: I did manage to get into a sort of routine taking little stretching breaks at work every day. That has helped quite a bit, actually, but I haven't gotten into any kind of real fitness routine. Now that the weather has warmed up and the snow has melted, I'm hoping I will have more motivation to be active.
As for the musical stuff, well, I frequently had the intention of making music, but it just didn't happen more than once or twice this month. :sad:

I still have a week though, maybe I can rally and find the time to do it all!
Good luck, Marie. :thumbup:

Kiwong

The work project is going good. I had a meeting with some experts which was nerve wracking, but they were happy with the progress. At the meeting when it was gong well, I had a moment of joy.

Running's not going so well. I've become a bit avoidant of running in this town. Tired of the outside world intruding on my running, the name calling, the ridicule, biting dogs and their owners.

My plant book is only ticking over slowly.