Exercise Log

Roman Legion

I can't exercise, the Army messed up my knees and they won't arrange to get me medical attention.. If I could, I only really like to run and hike in the mountains with a lot of weight on my back.. In the four years I have been in, I haven't learned anything about healthy eating or exercise.. When they sent me to behavioural health (Someone took notice that I never talked) they only asked me one question "Are you planning to hurt yourself or others?" I just shook my head no.. Maybe someone here can teach me about exercise that can be done at home without putting any strain on my knees? Or how to properly eat?

Rawz

Finally exercised some today. Unfortunately I'm still not 100% so I'm going to have to wait a little longer until I can get back to a real routine.

JustMe1987

I can't exercise, the Army messed up my knees and they won't arrange to get me medical attention.. If I could, I only really like to run and hike in the mountains with a lot of weight on my back.. In the four years I have been in, I haven't learned anything about healthy eating or exercise.. When they sent me to behavioural health (Someone took notice that I never talked) they only asked me one question "Are you planning to hurt yourself or others?" I just shook my head no.. Maybe someone here can teach me about exercise that can be done at home without putting any strain on my knees? Or how to properly eat?

i can try help.

for muscle exercises you have many: bench press / pushups / chin up / barbell row / military press. i have knee problem and with squat they are now much more strong. see the stronglift site, you start exercises with only bar (7-8kg) so the muscle and articulation get stronger over time.

dont know if you mean muscle exercises or other tipe of exercise xD

about eat: eat in intervals around 3h, 6 meals a day. if you want more detailed information i will give tomorrow. im go sleep soon xD

bcsr

I'm about to start the Insanity DVD's right after this post. Not sure if I'm in good enough shape for this, lol, I have asthma, but I shall do my best.

I've been stuck at 190 pounds for almost a month, starting to lose my motivation... I hate plateaus. Wish me luck. :D

montejocarlo

I'm about to start the Insanity DVD's right after this post. Not sure if I'm in good enough shape for this, lol, I have asthma, but I shall do my best.

I've been stuck at 190 pounds for almost a month, starting to lose my motivation... I hate plateaus. Wish me luck. :D

good luck! *thumbs up*

gustavofring

@ Kiwong , How long did it take for you to get to 10 km? And how did you go about it?

I can't even do 1 km without feeling pain in my legs and being out of breath and walking my way home..
Also, how do you manage Social Anxiety when jogging? When you meet people with dogs etc. staring at you. I live in a very densely populated area where you're hardly ever alone and I think I get self concious.

Kiwong

Hi Gustavofring, I started running in June 2008, I had to tape my knee until late 2009 due to knee pain and weak quads. I built up slowly from 5, 6 to 8km. I didn't run my first 10km in training until October 2008. Raced my first 10km race in February 2009. Then I built my long run up, first twelve, 16, 20, 25 and now 30km.

Running doesn't bother me with SA, because I don't have to talk to anyone. I often start early so there is not many people around. There are some quiet trails where I live.

Perhaps you should build up more slowly. Jog/walk. Even if you jog 200, run 500m for a start and the build up the running distance. Perhaps a home treadmill is an option?

bcsr

Well, I'm dripping sweat and I almost vomited... that hasn't happened since two-a-days in high school. Still shaking all over... that's some rough stuff. Urghh... the asthma wasn't even a problem, my muscles gave out before the lungs.

Roman Legion

Is Rasin Bran healthy? I seem to eat a lot of Rasin Bran.. I am lactose intolerant but still eat cheese.. Not the American Cheese (Which isn't even real cheese.. Sorry :p ) But spicy cheese and Munster.. But I eat it in extreme moderation.. Still hurts my stomach.. I just wish someone could explain proper eating, what is good and bad.. et cetera.. I usually eat 1 or two meals a day.. Never really hungry..

OceanMist

Also, how do you manage Social Anxiety when jogging? When you meet people with dogs etc. staring at you. I live in a very densely populated area where you're hardly ever alone and I think I get self concious.

I live in the same type of area. It helps to find a trail or long sidewalk or something that doesn't have as much traffic. I used to complain about what you are talking about, the people and SA.

As far as people staring at you, that is something that you can get to used to. You can become desensitized. I run past people almost every day and I never even look at them or say hi. Most people don't even care because I'm either running or walking so I'm doing something. Most people are doing what you are doing, walking or running (getting exercise), so really nobody is the weird one, you know?

For the people that do care.....f them. That's the kind of attitude you need to have. If they are so insecure that they can't handle someone who is shy that is running past them, then they are the one with the real problem. Let them sulk in their misery while you get your exercise and lower your depression.

Something that really helps with SA are sunglasses and headphones (key). If you can't even hear people and they can't see your eyes, then they won't even worry about you. Speaking of headphones, I need some wireless ones.

bcsr

Day 3 of Insanity done, only 57 to go.... lol

Literally fell down at one point, my leg muscles just gave out on me. I have a bad habit of trying to compete with other people when I work out, even if it's watching a DVD. Doesn't work out so well some times, hah.

OceanMist

Here's my deal lately. I've been playing basketball more now which is a good workout. I will play again tomorrow.

Today, ran a 1 mile run on the street. Time: 6:56 (80%)

I'm thinking maybe it's better to just run a mile right now and try to build my leg back up?

Last edited:

OceanMist

Crazy day today. At the end of the mile run I look at my watch and it says:

Time: 6:36 (All out)

Improvement: -:20

1st half: 3:30
2nd half: 3:06

I was happy. I still am. I'm not sure if I'll run tomorrow or not because I have to donate plasma.