Exercise Log

Boby

Boby

Its cool u can do that Mentally,

Something about me is when i work out, my body needs reallllyy alot of protein. Not the past few week but for the past few years. And I always needed about 33-40% protein compared to the 10% some people claim they can survive on.

Lately ive felt i dont need that much protein. It may have been that my body forgot how to generate its own protein since my diet was so high on it. but i dont know

Your body eats so much protein maybe because of a lack of carbs.Are you having a low carb diet??
If your muscle don't have enough fuel (glycogen which is derived from carbs) they start eating themselves so the body will need more proteins to repair the damage.

Last edited:

MentalyBlind

you know people are not meant to eat meat? our organs are a lot longer than a carnivore who has half the size of a digestive tract to process the meat, in 4 hours the meat is already putrid in our gut, plus we have blunt teeth not used for chewing tough meat, it's used for plant life such as fruit and veggies, thats why meat eaters have sharp jagged teeth to tear flesh, we don't. thats why we feel sick and or bloated after we eat meat, some people get sleepy, all in all we technically should be vegan.

Boby

you know people are not meant to eat meat? our organs are a lot longer than a carnivore who has half the size of a digestive tract to process the meat, in 4 hours the meat is already putrid in our gut, plus we have blunt teeth not used for chewing tough meat, it's used for plant life such as fruit and veggies, thats why meat eaters have sharp jagged teeth to tear flesh, we don't. thats why we feel sick and or bloated after we eat meat, some people get sleepy, all in all we technically should be vegan.

Technically we are omnivore ,by looking at the diet of chimps we should eat lot's of fruits,nuts,roots,seeds and insects.
But you miss one point : we don't eat meat raw we cook it ,that way we can digest it ,in fact meat played a big role in the development of our brain during our evolution....
Also animal protein is not found only in meat but also milk or dairy products and eggs.
Also don't forget that we life around 80 years ,that's also because we have a comfortable life eating high quality foods (that are hard to obtain by an primitive ape). That's why a chimp can life around 30-40 years in the wild, while in captivity can live up to 70 years.

dyingtolive

yes boby i probably have caused myself alot of muscle catabolism with too little carbs. i always exercised to the limit until my glycogen was dried out. I always refuel though, but i guess i always stayed on the empty side which caused more catabolism

i didn't know that.. if you do not refuel muscle glycogen, you would cause your muscles to break down and eat more protein. I actually thought it would just slow down. I always thought i was refueling enough...

my body was not craving for carbs, it was for protein, even when i ate alot of carbs, it wasn't enough. But it was probably because of over-exercise and always being near empty in glycogen reserves

dyingtolive

I used to be vegetarian for about 2 years. Tofu though i decided i wanted no more of. Its not a fruit, its not something man has evolved to eat. It's controversial in whether its healthy or not. Alot of bodybuilding articles suggest how bad it is as its said to raise estrogen. I don't want to risk it anymore. Especially since i ate 33-40% protein, i'd eat a ton of tofu.

I survived best with Eggs though. Light on the stomach but heavy on the protein.

Now comparing a vegetarian diet vs. a meat diet, the meat diet wasn't as inconvenient as the vegetarian diet has been for me. Energy level wise, I wasn't getting that big a benefit from going vegetarian. I even ate alot of raw. Though it may be that my diet was also lacking in some minerals, etc. I still used to get sleepy and stuff. However, if hemp seeds or Sunwarrior protein seeds were cheaply available and I could live off that stuff and other more natural non animal protein sources, I wouldn't mind going vegetarian again. It's just really expensive and takes too much time if you don't live in a community that also supports it like where i live

Boby

Alot of bodybuilding articles suggest how bad it is as its said to raise estrogen.

Yeah I know that,I read it in an fitness article too ,it sounded all good until they said the word "estrogen" and I was like "hell no", I'm not going to eat soya haha:D

After picking up something after minding my godson last week when he was off school sick Ive been out of the gym a week. :eek: kids! Theyre full of disease lol

But then I attempted running last night, not really 100% yet and I managed a half hearted 60 mins. About half on cross trainer and half running. It felt harder after a week off.

Just as I pass my landmark of 35lbs down (gained during illness) and just as I get a hang of better nutrition, this wk I find out Im coeliac and lactose intollerant. This has proven to be a lot more challenging than I previously would have thought it to be... Still, got to love obstacles,left to my own devices life would be mundane.

OceanMist

120 push ups, 38 sit ups today

Still injured, waiting for it to heal. It's getting better w/ rest. Achilles injury, btw.

MentalyBlind

thanks :D yup I ran 19 miles and 19 back so a total of 38 miles today, i obviously didn't run the full 38 i walk half but i was constantly moving with 4 breaks

replica

Completed my Ironman 70.3 Busselton race on Saturday :)
Next event will be a full marathon then the Full Ironman in December!