Exercise Log

replica

Man I can't bench press my own body weight :( I want to be able to do it successfully without a spotter because umm theres no one here to spot me :p That's very impressive jus.

Sunday 20th March

Type: Outdoor Run (Night)
Distance: 17.24 km (10.78 mi)
Time: 01:35:05
Pace: 5:30 min/km (8:48 min/mi)

Not as impressive as my previous 17 km but was satisfied with how I felt at the end. Was a nice night for a run, under the big bright moon, city lights and and along the river. As I completed the 95 minutes I decided to walk the rest of the way home (1.6 km, not included in this workout stats) to prevent any injuries/soreness. Average HR 146 (79% of MHR). Phew and that ends my week. New week tomorrow to do it all over again :(

just walked about 10 km today, took a long walk with my girlfriend, we love hiking :) we talked a lot , it was a lovely weather today in the netherlands.
Spring is on the way! :cool:

JamesSmith

Approx. 2.3 mile jog, 21 minutes. Less pain on 1st half of the run, lots of pain through last half. All I have left is optimism that the left leg will improve.

Kiwong

Two races this weekend

5km 20:53

Half Marathon 1:40:40 That is nearly 3 minutes slower than the same race last year. I was happy with the way I paced myself with my current levels of fitness.

jus

hmmm all this talk of riding and what not.. im getting inspired to start riding to work. Used to be big into exercise bike, but its getting boring now and i despise it.

My work is only 10km away, so its doable. Co-worker that rides to work lives pretty close to me so might see if i can go with him.

replica

Monday 21st March

Type: Indoor Lap Swimming (Evening)
Distance: 2000 m (1.25 mi)
Time: 01:00:00

Tuesday 22nd March

Type: Outdoor Run (Morning)
Distance: 10.0 km (6.25 mi)
Time: 00:54:46
Pace: 5:28

Morning runs, ugh!

Last edited:

replica

Tuesday 22nd March

Type: Outdoor Bike Ride (Evening)
Distance: 46.18 km (28.86 mi)
Time: 01:27:39
Speed: 31.6 km/h (19.75 mi/h)

Was doing well going out, on the way back was much the same but then was passed by Steve like I was standing still, he waited for me and gave me a lift back home. Was hard work trying to stick to his wheel!

Wednesday 23rd March

Type: Indoor Lap Swimming (Evening)
Distance: 1800 m (1.125 mi)
Time: 01:00:00

Last edited:

Kiwong

12km 56:02 (5:08, 4:41, 4:32, 4:42, 4:38, 4:49, 4:23, 4:35, 4:46, 4:39, 4:38, 4:31) @ 4:40/km

last 10km 46:14 last 5km 23.08

AGR

Went to the gym yesterday,I am a bit sore but will try to go today,its the only thing I got to do to interact with people,lifting weights,with functional exercises, is helping my power a lot,I got complimented a lot yesterday because of my power.

replica

Good work everyone who is out doing exercises and participating in this thread :)

Thursday 24th March

Type: Outdoor Run (Morning)
Distance: 10.00 km (6.25 mi)
Time: 00:50:07
Pace: 5:00 min/km (8 min/mi)

Alarm went off at 5am but kept hitting snooze. Stayed in bed til about 7am before I demanded myself to get up and do this and I'm glad I did, was a nice hard run. Average 157 (85% MHR). 1k splits: 4:58, 4:59, 4:58, 4:48, 5:02, 4:57, 5:05, 4:56, 5:17, 5:01.
Shame about my 2nd last split, were a few hills towards the end which I maintained pace but I guess I faded a little on the last one.

Type: Outdoor Bike Ride (Evening)
Distance: 57.72 km (36.08 mi)
Time: 02:09:27
Speed: 26.8 kph (16.75 mph)

Complete failure. Felt exhausted going out, don't know what made me think I could complete this 2 hour ride. It was interesting seeing the signs of fatigue setting in, heart rate dropping, blurred vision, reduced co-ordination, muscle weakness. I was too far out from home and too proud to call for help so I crawled back home. Call it determination or stupidity? Average HR 111 (60% of MHR).

Last edited:

Kiwong

Didn’t feel like a run this afternoon, but I’m glad I did. Conditions were much more pleasant for a run. I finished on dark.

8km 40:38 (5:32, 5:15, 5:03, 5:00, 5:00, 4:57, 5:02, 4:50

EscapeArtist

30 mins on spin bike...5 mins on elliptical (I don't get what they do!)
Planning on going back to the gym in the evening, alone. I went with sister this time.

Newtype

I've decided to plan a workout routine. Before I had SA, I played hockey and soccer, I was in good shape, but now after all these years of having SA, my body is a total mess. I also wanna test if I'll be a better student if I exercise.

First, I gotta do some reading so I can better prepare my workout routine. I guess that's the boring part. Then, when I'll start training, it will take some time to finally be comfortable 'cause I'll have to adjust the workouts and the numbers. It's such a pain, but I have to do it now 'cause later I won't have time.

EscapeArtist

a bit off topic here but in relation to our own perceived inadequacies, does anybody else find that they never feel like they've done enough exercise for the day? Or maybe that goes away once one begins to improve on times and level of difficulty?

Last month I went from completely sedentary to running 70 mins a day and hurt my ankle. Now that I can't jump right in, chronic I-could-do-more-ism.

a bit off topic here but in relation to our own perceived inadequacies, does anybody else find that they never feel like they've done enough exercise for the day? Or maybe that goes away once one begins to improve on times and level of difficulty?

Last month I went from completely sedentary to running 70 mins a day and hurt my ankle. Now that I can't jump right in, chronic I-could-do-more-ism.

Getting into an exercise routine comes and goes for me, at the moment I'm happy if I've been active during the day - ride to work - take the stairs - walk at lunchtime - ride home - maybe something in the evening. So, I never measure it and think "I should be doing more", its "yes, I've done something today". Its times when I'm not working - holidays - that this system gets mucked up and I need to motivate myself.

I've also started a one hour/one day a week course at the gym, its more regimented there - set times for cardio, set repetitions for weights etc; at this stage, what's set on the sheet is enough. :)

Edit: Today's exercise - rode downhill to the Saturday market, listened to my favourite buskers, had coffee, bought some real food and rode home. Now digging a hole for plumbing

Last edited:

DarkPhoenix

Lately i have been documenting my strength training exercises on a spreadsheet which has made it easier to stay on track. Also ive been making my own protein bars which actually taste pretty good! no more messy protein shakes::p: