Exercise Log

Kiwong

16km 80:33. (5:05, 4:51, 4:46, 4:41, 4:48, 4:54, 5:01, 5:03, 5:00, 4:57, 5:07, 5:06, 5:28, 5:10, 5:18, 5:17)

I really felt fresh and sprang out of the blocks. 5km 24:09, 10km 49:04. The last 5km was slower because I had to stop adjust a malfunctioning bezel on my Garmin.

In answer to the question on water. I only take with water with me on long run of 20-25km in summer, or half marathons in hot conditions. For races and training runs under 16km I rarely take water on board.

replica

I'm still pretty new to long runs but I've found anything longer than 12 km leaves my mouth little dry, so for these runs I normally carry a small 400mL bottle of water. Hot days I would need more water but that gets a bit cumbersome.

Monday 14th March

Type: Indoor Lap Swimming (Evening)
Distance: 1600 m
Time: 00:55:00

Short session tonight. Really hate freestyle kicking drills with fins, they really wear me out!

Tuesday 15th March

Type: Outdoor Run (Morning)
Distance: 8.80 km
Time: 00:48:19
Pace: 5:29 min/km

Literally walked out the door with my eyes closed I was that tired. Was an out and back run starting with a headwind. 1 km splits: 5:48, 5:24, 5:43, 5:41, 5:29, 5:30, 5:19, 5:18, 5:05.

Last edited:

JamesSmith

I was stretching my calf wrong. Now I know the correct way. It looks like i may have achieved more doing nothing but stretching today than actually running. I'll see what happens tomorrow and the rest of the week.

collie

Hey buddy,
I agree with your post and also wanna say that exercise is best for every one and keep some one healthy and fit one.... I think that every one have to do exercise on daily routine and keep himself healthy, active and smart..... Not a long time and heavy one but an average and useful one.....

Darryl

No but I'd like to, hear about it all the time - sounds like fun :)
Have you been up and down it before?

I put in half an hour every wed evening.
If you count down and up as one, I can push myself to 9.

Quite a lot of people use it for their cardio sessions, very popular.

replica

Wednesday 16th March

Type: Outdoor Ride (Morning)
Distance: 46.58 km (29.11 mi)
Time: 01:30:25
Speed: 30.9 km/h (19.31 mi/h)

Didn't get to eat much yesterday so skipped my scheduled bike ride. Had to move it to this morning seeing as I don't have work. Much prefer riding than running in the mornings. Was a good ride.

Kiwong

12km 56:58 (5:08, 4:42, 4:39, 4:40, 4:45, 4:43, 4:32, 4:39, 4:50, 4:44, 4:47, 4:44)

A better progression run this morning. I died the last four kilometres. last 5km 47:05, Last 5km 23:45.

replica

I so wish I had your pace Kiwong :)

Wednesday 16th March

Type: Indoor Lap Swimming (Evening)
Distance: 1800 m
Time: 01:00:00

Felt more relaxed tonight maybe because it was a smaller turnout. Most of the fast guys in my lane were a no show so I was asked to go first on each drill. Handled it alright despite being not much faster than everyone else in freestyle and I hate being 'tailgated' haha :)

Thursday 17th March

Type: Outdoor Run (Morning)
Distance: 10.64 km (6.65 mi)
Time: 00:54:17
Pace: 5:06 min/km (8.16 min/mi)

Felt good this morning, got up 15 minutes earlier just to 'wake up' instead of going straight out the door. Maybe this helped. 1km Splits (5:13, 4:58, 5:16, 5:05, 5:10, 5:07, 5:09; 4:58, 5:01, 5:03, 5:01).

Last edited:

Kiwong

Your pace should improve with the more kms you do, Replica. Good 10km there with some sub 5 appearing. That's a good sign your training is paying off.

AGR

Yeah I went to the gym today,I am not going as much as I would like,one week and a half or so ago was the last time,I am strugling a lot,also gained weight I weight 82 kg now,about 180 lb which is a lot for my height,so yeah my goal now is to lose around 10 kg or 20 lb.

Kiwong

10km 51:30 (5:44, 5:18, 5:19, 5:13, 5:06, 5:08, 5:12, 5:09, 5:07, 4:12)

Much happier with that fast finish. Not too bad on wet grass that hadn’t been mown for a while.

replica

Thursday 17th March

Type: Outdoor Bike (Evening)
Distance: 59.41 km (37.13 mi)
Time: 01:58:36
Speed: 30.1 km/h (18.81 mi/h)

Saturday 19th March

Type: Outdoor Bike (Morning)
Distance: 93.01 km (58.13 mi)
Time: 02:55:07
Speed: 31.9 km/h (19.94 mi/h)

Rode down to Cyclebuzz to meet up with the crew but they weren't there! So went out on my own down the freeway into the southerly wind. Got to half way point and turned around, within a few minutes I was passed by a friend and encouraged me to latch on. Didn't really want to as I didn't want to draft and needed to test out my new nutrition plan but I caved in. Was a quick leisurely ride back home. Felt good. Average HR 128 (69% of MHR).

Last edited:

R3K

wow i didn't know this was like a public exercise log for everyone to post their workout routines on :).

about once a week i do some kick boxing on this bodybag thing i got in my backyard. i don't really know what i'm doing, i just go from kung fu movies and attack the crap out of it until i feel like i pulled something. very fun and stress-relieving though.

replica

Saturday 19th March

Type: P90X Ab Ripper X (Evening)
Time: 00:15:00

Haven't done this in awhile, fun! Also some SMR on the legs with the foam roller. Have a mammoth 95 minute run tomorrow (long for me!).

AGR

I lifted weights today,push press,dumbell bench press and military press,I wont post the numbers because at my weight I should lift more::p:,maybe I will be all sore tomorrow,but I will try to go to the gym too,we will see......

replica

Sunday 20th March

Type: Open Water Swim (Morning)
Distance: 2.64 km (1.65 mi)
Time: 01:10:34

Swells again this week at the beach but not as bad as last week. I hate the up and down motion but I felt I couldn't back out of this today. The first 1 km was a real struggle, stopped many times thinking how the hell I was going to get through this but then I spotted some Cyclebuzz swimmers behind me which motivated me to keep going. Not sure if the conditions changed but I felt the water was a lot more calmer. Despite the slow start I finished off well.

Dj SL

Okay, as we all know, exercising is a wonderful way to let our fears and anxieties go away for a few minutes and a wonderful way to feel good/better about ourselves. This thread is supposed to serve, much like the title says, as an exercise log. Everytime you exercise, you come here and you make a note of your progress or simply of what sort of exercise you did. This will, hopefully, help a few of us who don't have enough energy or willpower to go out there and use the treadmill for half an hour or lift some weights.

C'mon people, let's do this.

I, for one, walked 25 minutes to work and 25 minutes back (I know it's not exercising per se, but it does burn quite a few calories), did 25 more minutes on the "elíptica" (it's a treadmill-like machine that sort of simulates the workout you'd get from skiing) and then lifted some weights. I'll probably work on my abs before going to work or going to bed and I should really do more abs throughout the day to really burn some fat and build muscle; same goes for weight lifting.

Your turn (and I'm also talking to you, 2Crowded :))

Exercise is good you just need to do it 30 minutes every 4 days; you will feel more active; it's helps 10% to get rid of depression and anxiety but the solution It's not only exercise.

jus

yeehaw! just successfuly completed 5x5 sets of 90kg on bench press.
quite pleased cause i only weigh about 65kg.

(plus ive been hung over all day/night and wasnt even gonna do any weights tonight)