Exercise Log

Kiwong

10km 51:14, with a fast finish 4:24/km. Was happy with the way I pulled up, after feeling a twinge in my back after MOnday's 16km run.

replica

Hehe Kiwong, oops that was a bike ride. Need to improve my copy/paste/edit skills :)

Wednesday 9th March

Type: Indoor Lap Swimming (Evening)
Distance: 1800 m
Time: 01:00:00

Still feeling confident after my Coogee swim on Monday which showed in the pool tonight.

My Ironman 70.3 Busselton event is in 58 days :eek: Doesn't seem so far away!

Last edited:

Kiwong

I thought it was bike ride and nice one it was too, Replica

12km 60:30 (5:27, 5:04, 4:59, 4:58, 5:01, 4:59, 4:56, 5:02, 5:02, 5:03, 5:07, 4:53)

Pretty happy with the even pacing of this run and the fact that 5km were dipping under 5:00 minutes/km.

replica

Thursday 10th March

Type: Outdoor Run (Morning *yawn*)
Distance: 8.69 km
Time: 00:46:59
Pace: 5:24 min/km

I really need longer rest, definitely more than 5 hours sleep. Run started very slowly due to difficulties turning the legs over but on the return I picked up the pace and felt good. My 1 km splits looked like this:

5:41
5:53
5:56
5:35
5:24
4:59
4:57
4:58
5:10

Feels good to get it done.

fitftw

that is a long run. I run 2 miles in 12 minutes after my weight training 5 days a week. The 4:57 4:59 4:58 is impressive

JamesSmith

Same Seattle-like weather today, cold, sort of rainy and chilly. But I got in 1.8 miles, and I took Kiwong's advice about running on a softer surface and it felt good to be on the dirt. I'm going to keep on keeping on keeping on. Only minor pain in my shin, it's getting stronger, I believe. No foot pain today.

After being inside most of the winter, it is so beautiful out there, seeing the country land with the trees and the fresh air. It's nice to be alive and getting exercise.

replica

Thursday 10th March

Type: Outdoor Ride (Evening)
Distance: 55.59 km
Time: 02:01:24
Speed: 27.5 km/h

5 hours sleep, 8.69 km run, poor breakfast, busy day at work, not enough food intake during the day equated to a very poor 2 hour ride. I simply ran out of energy and eyes felt like closing during the ride. Not good. Average HR 115 (62% of MHR). So thankful for a rest day tomorrow, I am so drained.

fitftw, 2 miles in 12 minutes is really moving! That is 3:45 min/km :)

Last edited:

fitftw

did chest/tri's/core/run today. I feel awesome for up to an hour after I'm finished, and then I go back to feeling like a fatty.

Kiwong

8km (5 miles) 42:20. Just turning the legs over before tomorrow's fun run.

46km for the week.

coyote

i spent an hour shoveling snow out of my driveway last night

abdomen & upper body workout and cadio :]

replica

Saturday 12th March

Type: Open Water Swim (Morning)
Distance: 226 m
Time: 00:07:50

Decided to swim at the beach on a Saturday rather than a Sunday due to an Jetty to Jetty Swim event on Sunday morning however wish I went on my bike ride instead. The water was really choppy. Normally it's calm. Didn't get really far before calling it quits. I know weak excuse. Trust me I am really disappointed.

JamesSmith

Went a little farther on the jog today, went about 2 miles. The first half mile was pretty painful right in the shin area, of course. As I kept going I forgot about for the most part. It was perfect out today, sunny and 70 degrees, i could tell the difference because i had less weight on in clothes and there was no cold air to burn my lungs. I've noticed after running I just have a better attitude, it's kind of cool. Btw, i ran an 18 minute 2 mile, insanely sad, i know, lol. 9 minute miles is a joke. But I'm going to be careful this time, I don't want to rip a muscle like I did last time. Hopefully I'll get back into respectable shape eventually. The important thing is that I'm out there.

replica

Saturday 12th March

Type: Outdoor Run (Evening)
Distance: 17.00 km (10.63 mi)
Time: 01:30:28
Pace: 5:19 min/km (8.51 min/mi)

Interesting pattern, after a full day on my feet I felt good going into my long run, yet mornings with fresh rested legs it is a real struggle. This is my longest run to date. Average HR 152 (82% MHR).

Kiwong

Fun Run 5km 20:24 (4:28, 4:08, 4:23, 4:21, plus change). My lack of fitness showed. This was slower than my half marathon pace most of last year. I finished seventh out of about 60 people.

JamesSmith

Just ran a coaster easy mile today, practically didn't even break a sweat cuz of the lack of speed. Calf pain this time, did some good stretching. I'm getting stronger with wind and lower leg strength. I feel less self-conscious out there too, i can run on trails past people without turning around when i see them, lol. I used to have issues with that. I found out it's much easier to just act like you are too busy running and avoid eye contact. some people get mad, oh well, that's their problem. I like the dirt trail and i'm not going to drive my truck around to look for more isolated places if i don't feel like it. Besides, everything is measured around my house so i know how far i'm going.

replica

Sunday 13th March

Type: Outdoor Ride (Afternoon)
Distance: 90.31 km (56.44 mi)
Time: 03:00:01
Speed: 30.1 km/h (18.81 mi/h)

Concentrated on nutrition and fluids, wanted to feel good at the end of the 3 hour ride for a brick run. Mission accomplished.

Type: Outdoor Run (Evening)
Distance: 5.00 km (3.13 mi)
Time: 00:24:53
Pace: 4:58 min/km (7:57 min/mi)

I went out quicker than I expected, I think this is due to my legs trying to match my bike cadence. Managed a good pace but I think next time I should remind myself to slow it down a little if I wanted to make a full half marathon.

JamesSmith

Ran about a mile and a quarter. Calf pain again. Day off tomorrow due to plasma donation. I'm going to do some stretching tonight and tomorrow, gotta get this monkey off my back.

Aussie_Lad

I am curious to know what some of the joggers / runners do to hydrate, particularly on long runs? Take a water bottle with you? Drink lots before you go and then after your return?