Exercise Log

replica

Saturday 5th March

Type: Outdoor Ride (Morning)
Distance: 72.10 km
Time: 02:38:21
Speed: 27.3 km/h

Got invited to do a hills ride for the first time. They are normally on Sundays which I never can make but I couldn't reject this one. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, was fun. Want to do another one :p This was a good change of scenery and pace, getting sick of riding down Roe / Kwinana Freeway. Average 133 bpm (73% MHR), Max 173 bpm (94% MHR). Max speed is 70.4 km/h (I'll go faster next time :)

Sunday 6th March

Type: Outdoor Run (Evening)
Distance: 15.49 km
Time: 01:25:03
Pace: 5:29 min/km

Annoyed I missed my swim workout this morning. Also had a fairly frustrating day so I needed my fix. Average HR 145 (75% of MHR).

Last edited:

coyote

Indoor rowing on the ergometer

5000 meters
28:00 minutes

a very leisurely pace - but I've haven't worked out in months, ugh

sore now, but it feels good

kc1980

How high are these hills you did?

Saturday 5th March

Type: Outdoor Ride (Morning)
Distance: 72.10 km
Time: 02:38:21
Speed: 27.3 km/h

Got invited to do a hills ride for the first time. They are normally on Sundays which I never can make but I couldn't reject this one. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, was fun. Want to do another one :p This was a good change of scenery and pace, getting sick of riding down Roe / Kwinana Freeway. Average 133 bpm (73% MHR), Max 173 bpm (94% MHR). Max speed is 70.4 km/h (I'll go faster next time :)

kc1980

Cycled to work on four out of five days. My performance was a bit less than in previous weeks, I was on average about 10 minutes slower. The fastest I did was 2 hours and 5 minutes over 52 km. But on other times I was slower and it was going more to 2 hours and 30 minutes. I realize that I lose most of my time during the parts in the forest, although these are actually the best, since there's no traffic, and the surroundings are nicer.
My weight hasn't gone down yet, since I tend to sometimes get very hungry and overeat. I guess my body is afraid that it might fall out of fuel at some moment. All in all I can't complain though, the rides are becoming more of a routine, and I hope to go 5 times this week. If I keep up this routine then I will reach my ideal weight sooner or later.

replica

Monday 7th March

Type: Outdoor Swim (Morning)
Distance: 2670 m
Time: 01:01:00

Take that you swimming demon, that was my best performance to date!

kc1980 said:
How high are these hills you did?

:) Perth is pretty flat here so our 'hills' are probably like speed bumps everywhere else hehe. I think the first hill stretches for 2km and its a climb of 160 metres. Don't quote me on that, just referring to Sports Tracker and found it to be inaccurate at times. The 3 other hills aren't as bad or steep.

Last edited:

fitftw

I'm getting really buff and it makes me even more awkward in public now. I'm more paranoid than ever. But I can't stop because it makes me feel so good. I can't be proud of myself for some reason. I feel like I'm lower than everyone else. I don't know why. I don't want people to see me and think "oh he works out" and whatever other things they have to say about it in their minds. I hate being judged. I hate being human.

JamesSmith

I'm getting really buff and it makes me even more awkward in public now. I'm more paranoid than ever. But I can't stop because it makes me feel so good. I can't be proud of myself for some reason. I feel like I'm lower than everyone else. I don't know why. I don't want people to see me and think "oh he works out" and whatever other things they have to say about it in their minds. I hate being judged. I hate being human.

Anyone with a brain will respect someone who works out. If anyone ever laughs at you for being strong, then either they are jealous of the fact that you are in shape and they aren't, or they are lazy bums that have never worked out in their life. Either way, these people are a waste of your time and thought, and they don't even know you.

bsebring

ok, tomorrows goal is an 8mile run.
If i pace myself I should be able to do it.
Also, I decided quit smoking which has help me out a lot.
My lungs and gums feel so much better :D

Kiwong

16km (10 miles) 85:21. This was my first run off grass. I had to run on more concrete footpath and road than I wanted to. A couple of the bridges on the creek trail I run on where closed for construction. To put more concrete down.

replica

Monday 7th March

Type: P90X Ab Ripper X (Evening)
Time: 00:15:00

... and a long session on the roller.

fitftw

as soon as my stomach stops killing me, I'll be at the gym working on chest/tri's/2mi run

replica

Tuesday 8th March

Type: Outdoor Run (Morning)
Distance: 8.94 m
Time: 00:48:36
Pace: 5:26 min/km

Very slow start, had a long but a busy weekend and felt it this morning. Still managed to get out and complete this. Unfortunately it's only going to get harder this week :(

coyote

another 5,000 meters today on the rowing machine

27:30 - god I'm so slow

glad to be back working out though - feels good :]

AGR

didnt post here, but still doing exercises,I dont have much time since I am doing overtime,working saturdays and my work place is far away,but saturday I went to the gym,sunday 30 minutes shadow boxing and 30 minutes jumping rope,today I lifted weights,also trying to change my food choices,wanted to go check out the burger king,but wont....

bsebring

My dad got me a bike for my birthday, I haven't had one since I've been in middle school. I feel like I'm six again :D

replica

Happy Birthday bsebring, what a cool dad :D I love riding, hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do!

Tuesday 8th March

Type: Outdoor Ride (Evening)
Distance: 45.28 km
Time: 01:26:45
Speed: 31.3 km/h

Last edited:

Luna1740

My workout Schedule:

(this has taken around a year and a half to build up to, I have dropped 40 pounds and now have the body that I have been dreaming of, if you need any help achieving your goals, I'm quite knowledgeable so just send me a message)

2 mile walk to warm up/ stretches
10 Spiderman Pushups x 2 sets
60lb preacher curls 12 reps, 3 sets
35lb curls 12 reps, 3 sets
90lb iso-lateral pulldowns 10 reps, 3 sets
30 hanging crunches
35 russian twists w/ 16 pound medicine ball
20 crunches w/ 70lb resistance
100lb resistance pectoral flies, 10 reps, 3 sets
3 mile run
1 mile walk (cool down)
stretch

I switch up the order, and throw in some random exercises, but that's the basic one that I do, and increase weight by 5 pounds every 2 weeks or so. keep in mind this is not an easy workout, and that you need to build up to it for sure. on days when I'm not in the gym I walk/run however far feels comfortable. And I drink a lot of protein, 1 gram per pound of body weight.
Good luck everyone, let me know if you have any fitness questions, as I have truly made the journey from being over weight to the body that I want, it just takes A LOT!!! of patience and dedication

bsebring

Replica-Thanks! today was a lot of fun, it felt really good to ride on the trails!!
Luna-thats great that you lost 40 pounds, I lost 50 since High School, maybe we can motive each other to maintain our weight :)
btw, what are spiderman pushups & hanging crunches?? I'm just curious and like the names lol

march8- 14 mile bike ride

Last edited:

JamesSmith

I ran a mile today after taking some time off to paint a house. The weather today is brutal, it's like 35 degrees and cold rain with a little bit of sleet. It's dark and bitter. My shin and calf wasn't bothering me, but i had this throbbing pain on the left side of my ankle. My luck has been terrible with injuries, but i've got a feeling this I will be healthy in a month. The weather will be warmer and I'll be able to run most days. The good thing is out of all of this I think I've finally learned how to not injure my left lower leg, lol. Strengthening and stretching are now a daily routine.

Kiwong

Happy Birthday bsebring, what a cool dad :D I love riding, hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do!

Tuesday 8th March

Type: Outdoor Run (Evening)
Distance: 45.28 m
Time: 01:26:45
Speed: 31.3 km/h

Outdoor run Replica, 31.3/km/hr, you were flying ;)