Does anyone else like to spend time alone?

Blabla..

Well , mostly by realizing that wanting fame only made me feel worse , wanting to be liked by everyone , i just realized that's not the person i am , and not the thing i should be doing , and yes , most of the people are just really different than me , they are so unaware of what they are doing , they are loud , annoying , they constantly break the peace around them , i just didn't have the right friends for me , they all liked me very much , but it was too overwhelming to hang out with them all the time , i'm just different , i belong in nature , in a small hut or something , by myself. I don't like clubs and alcohol , loud people with huge egos , the superficial fake world we live in , i like sitting alone listening to the sound of the wind in the trees , haha.

So with my desire of being a well known musician slowly dissipating , i decided i should let the people around it go as well. They wouldn't understand anyway .

drewjanes

funny thing, i cant stand crowds but i have panic attacks when left entirely alone. i would love to be alone and independent again buuuut, ya'knoe tis not my destiny , yet any way!

redmatter

So with my desire of being a well known musician slowly dissipating , i decided i should let the people around it go as well. They wouldn't understand anyway .
You know I couldn't have put it better myself. Big ups. It sounds like people don't bother you outside of how they are. The difference for me is that I have people who attempt to destroy my psychological well-being, and see my needing to be alone and heal as a sign of weakness to ridicule and deride. They take pleasure in seeing (and contributing to) the struggle. That aside, no... they can't understand. That's in stone when nothing really is.

redmatter

funny thing, i cant stand crowds but i have panic attacks when left entirely alone. i would love to be alone and independent again buuuut, ya'knoe tis not my destiny , yet any way!
That is kind of funny, my not being left alone causes panic attacks :cool:

Nanita

I need alone time..... Definitely.
Sometimes I want company though.
But being with someone that I don´t have a great connection with, makes me annoyed and loose my interest, and in that case I would rather be alone.
There are a few people that I know I could spend days with and still feel the same peace I feel when I´m alone. Those are true friends.

B

Beatrice

Yessssssssssssss, of course! I like social interaction, but that time alone is a must or I'd go crazy.

planemo

Being alone just solves so many problems. There's no need to feel self conscious, or the need to compare yourself to anyone and of course no one can do anything to you that would hurt your feelings or make you feel uncomfortable and awkward.

Section_31

Me and my hunny are never fully alone, we have 3 cats that think they are moviestars that we cater to ;). We are their staff members apparently.

RoomBound

I'm so glad I learned about the temperaments and introverts/extroverts. It helped me understand and accept myself. I'm reading "Introvert Power" by Dr. Laurie Helgoe, an introvered psychologist, now. She says we introverts often like ideas and books, as well as peace and quiet, more than people. True!

agoraphobickatie

i definitely like to be alone.. i live with my sister and 7 year old niece, and i feel like sometimes when they're here, if i'm in my room chilling out, my sister is wondering why i'm in here alone.. i like when they're gone so i don't have to worry about doing whatever i want in my room alone, watching tv or listening to music, whatever..

i have moods where i want to be alone, too.. like when i'm irritable, i just don't want to be around anyone... i'm actually being a little hermit crab today all alone in my room :) lol, my sister has been sick with a fever, and she's a total bitch when she's sick, so i'm staying away :) haha

Zav

I prefer being alone whenever possible, but it depresses me at the same time. Really weird.

yup

. I think the first time I realised I was different was when I was very small child. I would sit alone in a room and it creeped my sister out. She always wanted to know what I was doing or thinking just sitting. I wasnt watching tv or reading or playing with dolls. I just sat there becaise nobody was there and it was easy to be quiet. As a teenager my favourite spot to just be alone was the kitchen when nobody was home. I used to sit in the corner just staring at the wall haha i know it sounds mad but it kinda gave me peace. Just not being engaged in anything mentally stimulating just sitting I would like watching paint dry sometimes :) sometimes i threw a ball back and forthoff the wall but mostly i just let myself stare....for all the times i was told in school to stop staring into space.Now I will sit in my sitting room with no tv on or book or phone or anything. Just maybe sit sipping a cup of coffee.

My main problem giving up smoking is losing my excuse to sit alone. I frequently go outside with coffee and smoke just to get that time alone. Rain snow or whatever.

LazyHermitCrab

yes loves it :p i like being alone inside.. not out where people just look at me and sometimes a stranger will say something to me and i just feel very different from everyday people.... sometimes i see people alone like me and wonder if we would have anything in common but it's hard to communicate with these people lol... :D i wish i had a friend that didnt have to talk every minute and just could hangout to relax.. the only thing close to that i've come in contact with is a love relationship but would like a basic, good, friend right now

MikeyC

I prefer being alone whenever possible, but it depresses me at the same time. Really weird.
I can understand this. I guess sometimes you want to be alone, and other times you want to be social.

Shopping malls are the pits, though. I try to go there as little as possible and try to get in and out as quickly as possible, too.

awkwardamanda

i just didn't have the right friends for me

This. I've grown apart from pretty much every friend I've ever had for one reason or another. I really only have two friends left and even they're kinda distant friends at this point. Part of that has to do with me being reclusive but it's also because we just don't have enough in common. It's nothing against them. They're good people. But I haven't found the right friends yet. Perhaps I never will. It would be nice to met one or two, maybe three friends who are more like me. But seeing as I am shy, socially awkward and don't get out much, making friends just isn't happening. I only know of one person I have a lot in common with and it's someone I happened to meet online. We think alike and get along better than I do with anyone I've ever met in real life. It's nice to know one person like me, but I think it would be nice to know a couple of people like that in person, too, so that we could actually hang out a little.

Kiwong

I like being alone, but it is hard when I do have to venture out into the world of people. Being alone is not good practice for fitting into the world of people.

sucettes

I'm feeling a little hesitent about starting this thread. I'm not even sure if I'll get any response on this but here goes anyway. Does anyone feel like they have to spend some time of the day completely alone? As for me I definitely do, everyday I need a certain amount of time by myself, listening to music or reading about random stuff. I get really pissed off if someone interrupts my alone time, even my family members. Of course I don't want this all the time but if I don't spend at least a few time alone I get really drained or upset. Anyone else feels like this?

I feel exactly like you do! alone time is very important to me and I feel upset if I spend too much time around people. I need my own space.