Does anyone else like to spend time alone?

bsebring

To you it's being lonely huh? I don't see it as being a hermit, I see it as keeping my sanity and will to live.

I guess hermit wasn't the right terminology. And I get that, I don't have SA nearly as bad as I did last year. Being around people was draining to me. Now, when I'm alone I get bored and lonely.

When I'm alone everything starts to slow down and I get lost in my thoughts. But, when I'm out of the house and don't stop moving and I have other things occupying my mind. I'm starting to lean more towards burying myself in school work as a form of CBT.

oh god its soooooo relaxing. "normal" people take that feeling for granted. i find the hard part is psyching myself up to go back into the tension filled world
So then, presumably "normal" people can remain "relaxed" while around people ... i wonder if they are also more relaxed generally??? (ie are hermits/SA/etc people more prone to general fears, negativity, neuroticism, etc - or is are we just more prone to people-related worrying?)

Kiwong

I like time alone, but I also like to interact without misunderstanding. I simply find interacting too hard, too complicated.

Earthbound_Misfit

I feel like this a lot... It's reallllly hard for me because I am the Mother of a very affectionatwe 4 year old. Thankfully his Dad takes him when he gets home so I can have a little me time.

I love to spend time alone than to be with a bunch of stupid annoying people who stress you out over nothing, work your nerves and don't know when to shut up.

Yep, people are very very annoying.

I have to really be in the mood to spend time with people, and it has to be something really really fun. For me, fun things usually happen on the spur of the moment, without me planning for it.

nicole1

I love being alone. I need days of being alone... I don't like being around people at all. I love either reading, writing, or watching online tv... Someone said it wasn't healthy but it keeps me sane and happy.

nicole1

I love to spend time alone than to be with a bunch of stupid annoying people who stress you out over nothing, work your nerves and don't know when to shut up.

I have to really be in the mood to spend time with people, and it has to be something really really fun. For me, fun things usually happen on the spur of the moment, without me planning for it.

I soooo agree with this post.

anuskas

Yeah totally.Even at work if too many people stress me out i just leave for a while to be alone.I know people who just cant be alone at all,and i can never understand why.I think a lot of the time people are overrated,though maybe that's just the sa talking?

That´s it! :)

mikebird

Banned

Ooohhh YEAH!!!

Not shy of people, or nervous. Just can't stand 'em. There was a magic time of ~ 5-10 years where we were all on the same rebellious level. Living together. Good times.

Everyone moved on - geographically, and lifestyle-wise. I'm still on that same level.

I'll never get on with anyone. I feel sad for those fragile people who rely on religion and their family for survival

^Yep, its exactly the same with me.

Feathers

I really need some time alone too.

Some time with people can be nice too, there needs to be a balance, and depends what is done and with who too. :)

maiato

Banned
I need that 2. But I guess all people need there space, just change the way. People are married sees some girl/man hobbies as a way of relaxing and have is one space. As we usually spend sometime alone this seems our natural way, our ambient...and when that is interrupted it as feedback on us.....but that is like everyone else i guess!

Kiwong

I prefer to be alone most of time. I also enjoy doing things where I enjoy interacting with people. I need practice at when I venture into the world to be able to cope better. Being alone all the time gets you out of practice with dealing with people.

Littlewilly

Yes I enjoy alone time but then I don't have much choice in the matter as I am on my own anyway. I do have certain friends but don't always see them & I have a sister & cousins but there not that near to me.
Ah! well.::(:

I like when it allows me to do interesting things surrounded by the protective semidarkness of my room, but what I don't like is feeling alone, among people or not.

Richey

depends on my environment and how i get on with the people around me. if i'm around difficult and toxic personalities then i prefer to be alone and hide myself away as i know we won't click, if i'm around mild and friendly people then i'm more then happy to spend time and chat with them, i seem to be around very selfish and one-eyed people which is hard to break into as they are so set in their ways and behaviours. It can be difficult to have open minded conversation and also if they have big egos i tend to feel more uncomfortable. I like it when i can talk to people and say something rediculously silly or serious and they'll be friendly non-judgemental about it. ...

Fighter86

Sometimes. But after say a day or two of alone time which I enjoy, I start getting very lonely and restless.