do you think having more money would rise up your life?

more money would be helpful in improving your condition?

• definetely

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • partially

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • no, I already have enough money but aren't helpful

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • no, it's not about money at all

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters

mozart87

I really do. if I have more money I will do a lot of things that would improve my social skills. first trying alternative therapies going to gym, after be more confident of the way look even to a dance club or sth, travel more, maybe learning to swim etc.
what do you think?

LadyWench

Sadly, yes. I think it could help immensely. I could probably afford to buy certain foods that would help me to lose weight, as well as expensive exercising equipment. I could buy nice clothes to help my confidence. It'd be nice to just have some general spending money to buy things that make me happy; such as movies, CDs, things of that sort. But it still won't fix anything. I will still be this depressed, obsessive worry wart with virtually no control over her own fears.

k123dave

More money can never be a bad thing, especially in this economy. Life can be tough in recessions and even a little can go a long way :)

Emily_G

I voted "no, it's not about money at all". I can't think of a way more $ would help me be more social and care less about my stuttering.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I really do. if I have more money I will do a lot of things that would improve my social skills. first trying alternative therapies going to gym, after be more confident of the way look even to a dance club or sth, travel more, maybe learning to swim etc.
what do you think?
It really depends on how much money you have to begin with. If you're at the point where you can't afford to see a doctor/therapist, don't know where your next meal is coming from, etc, obviously that's no good for anyone.

Once you have the necessities covered and a bit left for indulgence, you might be surprised at how little it helps something like depression or social anxiety.

Kustamogen

Banned
nope I dont see how money could do much......only thing I could think of is just expedite any medical tests I could have done to see if theres a physical reason Im so ****ed up! lol

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Nah... I don't think so. It would help"my work maybe, because i'd be able to afford certain tools, but it wouldn't make me any saner or any less lonely.

Noca

Banned
I've had plenty of money. Drove an Audi down the streets of Toronto while waving $500 in 20's out of the window. I was and am still depressed/anxious, though my depression is letting up lately while my anxiety has got worse.

Rxqueen

I think it would help me with being able to afford therapy sessions and maybe being able to buy better things to help my confidence, but otherwise it wouldn't do much. I'd still be the social retard I've always been.

Screw Love, I Want Money.

Well, it depends. Socially it wouldn't do a thing, but I really couldn't care less because I'd have more money. Because there's certain things I would like to use it for.... and then who knows. So yeah, a little, but not in the way some people would.

philly2bits

I voted partially. I don't think it will help with any of my social problems. In fact it could make things worse socially if I tried to "buy" friends with the money, although I don't think I would do that even if I had the money.

It would help me because some of my problems are connected to my financial situation. More money would help in that regard.

lyricalliaisons

"no, it's not about money at all"
If I had money, it would make almost all aspects of my life easier, but I would still be too afraid to talk to people, still be too afraid to be around people, still be too afraid to leave the house, & still have all the same social/mental issues I have now. So it wouldn't help at all in that regard.

DeathMetal

I'm sure having a lot of money would make me happier for a while. I would soon start to realize however, that I still have all the same social problems I had before and sink back into depression.

The age old question, "Does money buy happiness?".
I think it all depends on what kind of state of mind your in when financially on the better side.
If you are depressed because of financial issues then sure money would probably make
you happy.
Given the nature of this forum, that is SA/SP, then I would think that although money
could make life easier and less stressful but in the end if it would one happier I doubt it.

Lea

Banned
If I had money, firstly I would get out of here and wouldn't have to die of heart attack soon (not kidding). I would even go into serving as a lab rat, don't think that would harm me more than these crazy conditions at home. Not even talk about working because nobody wants me when they see me, they think I am mental.

Pink_Paula

I've often thought that if i had a shed load of money if might make me better, and i think it could help in the short term but as for a long term cure i don't think having loads of money would help, it's up to me to change not circumstances that happen around me!