Do you tell your friends/people you know that you are a member of SPW?

Daniel089

yes/no w/ explanation!
I thought it would be interesting to know if you inform people around you about you needed some help and registered on the site.

WeirdyMcGee

I've told my therapist and doctor, and my mom, dad, sister and brother all know.
I don't have any friends.
If I did, I'd imagine telling them wouldn't really be a big deal.

coyote

the main reason i wouldn't tell anyone

is because then they could tell

how much time i spend

online goofing off

psych

No, I'm not a trusting soul. It could be used to hurt me.
My male best friend knows... But, he hates the internet, & also suffers from SA... So, no big deal there.

market.garden

I've not told anyone and I don't think I ever will. No one even knows I have SA, let alone that I'm a member of an online forum.

KiaKaha

Banned
Yes I have told a few people - their overwhelming indifference illustrates just how pointless that exercise really was.

Minty

No, that would be weird... I'm fine with telling people I have social phobia. But they don't need to know where I go. I need some sense of privacy.

apollo

I told my girlfriend about a year ago and she seemed ok with it. Honestly it was a bit of an awkward conversation.

I never told anyone else. My parents don't believe I have SA, they just say stuff like 'stop being so down on yourself.'

DeadmanWalking

I have only told a past college teacher that I still talk to and my past counselor. Oh, and my brother as well. I don't want to tell anyone else and my family just believes that I'm unnaturally shy for some reason or another.

THeCARS1979

I've told my therapist and doctor, and my mom, dad, sister and brother all know.
I don't have any friends.
If I did, I'd imagine telling them wouldn't really be a big deal.

You probably have some friends you just dont remember. Ive came a long way to where I was before. I can plan things better now. I can talk better. I yearn to do things now too.

MrJones

My parents, sister and therapists know I frequent a forum about social anxiety, they don't know which one.

Richey

No chance.

I have learnt that people judge to much, become gossipy. They just see you as weaker for it more often then having sympathy, from what i can tell. Unless that person who you tell also has experienced similar neurosis.