do you have a 'life'?

I barely have an existence, let alone a life. Lately i don't even see the point of getting out of bed (as feel okay there, so why get up & feel bad?)

There are so many philosophies I could come up with why we exist and who we are. None of them matter. Nothing matters. Why?
Because we're all just ... Killing Time
My latest theory or reason for living, is more-or-less what fitftw said, just slightly different. It is SIMPLY to get from birth to death (that is, your "natural" or "pre-destined" death). When you reach there (death), then "your job is done", as you have stayed alive/living until that time. And it doesnt really matter what you DO within the time, just so long as you are simply ALIVE. And if i add another of my beliefs, then it becomes: So that "God" (or "over-consciousness", etc) can experience earthly life from your particular point of consciousness, for a time (your lifetime).

Moo

No not really. ::(: I have a boyfriend of almost two years and a part time job (only 5 hours per week but I'm often doing cover). Those are the only 2 things going on in my life right now. I'm just about content with the things I do have going for me but I feel like I'm really far away from the kind of life I'd be happy with. I don't have anyone I'd call a real friend at the moment. I get occasional moments where I find it in me to improve my life but those moments are few and far between. But, you know, it still gives me some kind of hope.

I'm studying on college, and I have some hobbies. I have some classmates with who I usually talk to, but I never see them outside college (no dorms here, I live with my parents). I rarely leave the house to do anything besides go to college and when I do it I'm alone, may be with my brother sometimes.

That's the life I have now, and is not satisfying me very much.

Even if I didn't have any problems at socializing, I really can't think of any group activities I would like to do.

takeheart

I basically live in the house, I only go out when I have to like going school or something like that you know

razzle dazzle rose

What is this "life" thing? I've heard of it, but am not sure it really exists.

Ha, yes, I often say the same thing myself. Some days are better than others, but to answer the question, no, I really don't have a life. That NIN's song does a great job describing just how it can feel living such a meaningless and unproductive life. But like I said, some days are better than others. I am not sad all the time, though I am depressed...if that makes sense.

I have realized that most, if not all people, probably feel the same, for different reasons. Most are not satisfied with what they have...or they want something they can't have. So, I am not alone in feeling this way. We all have something we are lacking. For me, it is not having a job and having no real social life. I am a big procrastinator too.

I guess I'm just less accepting of obstacles that come up in life. If theres something about myself I don't like, I do everything I can to change it or atleast make it compromise with who/what I want to be.

"If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it." Yeah, we either change it or accept it...and it really is a little of both. Thanks for sharing!

What the f... stupid elephants. (i'm weird i know, i always say this when i've made things bigger than i should:))
In that case, flies are amazing.. but they shouldn't ZOOOM.. cuz then theyre elephants too

Last edited:

Earthbound_Misfit

I am a very reclusive person. Not only do i prefer to stay home as much as possible... I also prefer to stay in my bedroom unless I need something from the kitchen or bathroom. I am totally ok with that. My family thinks it is weird but i love my own space now that I have one. I am okay with being the family hermit.

tenuous~hold

not at all.

i was just thinking about comparisons, to others' lives... how pathetic mine seems to theirs - obviously not a very helpful thing to do (compare, i mean).

i was just watching ozzy visiting sharon on that one show, & thought what a nice life/relationship they seem to have. then i did the comparison thing, which i know is crazy since most people's lives aren't like theirs. but it just goes to show the hugely wide gap between a nice life (full) & a miserable one (empty).

it's so hard to get energized; so hard to be positive.

lonely_drummer

Everyday is somewhat the same for me. I live with 5 other people but I spend alot of time alone in my room but I make sure every hour or two, I go downstairs to hang out for a bit but I usually go down for like 10 mins and just go back to my cave to play guitar or do some studying.

alwaysrunning

i pretend to have a somewhat normal life...i guess it's working, if at least its an allusion to keep others at peace.