Do you hate yourself?

Is your SA caused by self-hatred?

For me, it is a huge part of my anxiety. I hate everything about myself: my personality, my sense of humor, the way I talk, walk, look, laugh, the things I say, etc...I really just can't stand myself.

Liberty

Banned
Yes! Definitely. It's weird, overall I really just hate imperfections. I have so many and that's why I hate myself. I mean I know everyone does, but I hate that too. It's really no surprise since my mother admitted her goal in raising me was to create a perfect Christian.

So I suppose it's also no surprise that I am now mentally ill and hate myself and all imperfections.

Krista

Is your SA caused by self-hatred?

For me, it is a huge part of my anxiety. I hate everything about myself: my personality, my sense of humor, the way I talk, walk, look, laugh, the things I say, etc...I really just can't stand myself.

This I think, is a big part of everyone's SA. Not only the complete fear that it causes with other people but also just tearing yourself down constantly because you're never satisfied with yourself. It's a hard rut to get out but people do actually get through it and everyone here has so much to offer and you all are really very beautiful people. It's sad that no one gets to see that because we think the complete opposite of ourselves.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Yep. Pretty much. To be honest I don't know what would define my personality. I think I spend so much time in my head that I think I've forgotten.

I feel like I see the world through different eyes, and I have to hide it. Try and be normal. Although I hate normality, I do hate it because I'm envious of those who are normal. What's more is that I don't understand it. What is 'normal' and how do I attain it? People seem to like familiarity, so if I'm normal they will accept me. But I am not normal.
I accept everyone. EVERYONE. But not myself.

/inane rambling

combat

I actually don't hate myself. But I don't feel desirable or like anyone will ever want me. I don't think that's self-hate, or is it?

johnny 85

i feel like that sometimes. i try not to think about it. makes life some what easier!!

FOR REAL

Banned
i hate myself, always have done. i wake up in a panic when i realise im still alive!
i just want to sleep forever. i can feel another breakdown is due

johnny 85

Try and be normal. . What's more is that I don't understand it. What is 'normal' and how do I attain it? People seem to like familiarity, so if I'm normal they will accept me. But I am not normal.
I accept everyone. EVERYONE. But not myself.

/inane rambling

id love to know the answer to that question !! what is "normal"?? because of this stupid SA which has changed my personality, i have growin quiet strange when im around people/friends. now i fear that some of them think im weird or sumthing :/ wats nuts is when i was a teenager i always wanted to be different (good different) now i got my wish i guess .

not excepting ourselves makes us have SA.. if we excepted us , we wouldn't have SA! what would someone saying to u make u feel bad about urself if u r satisfied with u, the way u look, act.. and I sometimes do..

Lorraine Manca

I hate myself a lot. I hate my personality and I hate how emotional i am. i dont know if it effects the sa. i wish i could get rid of myself but where ever i go, there i am! how do i get a restraining order against me?

Yes, but i didn't hate myself until i got the life bullied out of me when i was 8/9/10. I hate what i became after that:(

Kat

Yes, I do!

I have my days where I can like the qualities I have in terms of being nice, because those qualities should be admired by anyone but I never love myself.

Silvox Black

I loathe myself with every fiber of my own hideous being. Damned and cursed, that is how I view myself. I hate myself with a vehemence that is well earned, or at least in my opinion it is. After all, there is nothing good about me.

I loathe myself with every fiber of my own hideous being. Damned and cursed, that is how I view myself. I hate myself with a vehemence that is well earned, or at least in my opinion it is. After all, there is nothing good about me.

Wow Silvox...nothing good about you? You give great advice and you care about people...thats whats good about you.

Silvox Black

Wow Silvox...nothing good about you? You give great advice and you care about people...thats whats good about you.

Great advice? Hardly. Anyone can come up with it. I merely reached the bit first and responded. I spoke first. That is the only thing that makes my advice "great". Care for people? There are plenty who do. My actions in doing so do not constitute any sort of amazing feat. There is also the belief that any so called "good" action can also be reversed into an act of selfish greed. Say a person was assisting another. One could say that he was helping out of the kindness of his heart. Yet another could claim that he was helping only to gain that person's trust for his own benefit.