Do you hate yourself?

Shyangel

I hate myself mostly because I'm given so much and I have no ability to give it back. It makes me feel so selfish. I really don't think I'm deserving of my families unconditional kindness. I don't do anything to deserve it.

Etbow23

I think part of me hates myself. Like I usually feel that I'm less than other people, and feel bad when I compare myself and stuff. I think my self esteem/social anxiety issues are connected & is part of the reason why I a lot of times dislike things about myself or do things to hurt myself when I'm feeling bad.

Sometimes I wonder who I would have been if things in my life had gone differently. Like if certain things were different, would I be well-adjusted and secure with myself, happy?

montejocarlo

I hate myself mostly because I'm given so much and I have no ability to give it back. It makes me feel so selfish. I really don't think I'm deserving of my families unconditional kindness. I don't do anything to deserve it.

I think you are. You're giving them something that nobody else can- yourself. I'm sure you give them joy. If they show you unconditional kindness, it means they deeply love you. If you love someone, their very existence brings you happiness, and their happiness brings you more joy. Try to be happy and love yourself, I'm sure they'll appreciate it. :)

Shyangel

I think you are. You're giving them something that nobody else can- yourself. I'm sure you give them joy. If they show you unconditional kindness, it means they deeply love you. If you love someone, their very existence brings you happiness, and their happiness brings you more joy. Try to be happy and love yourself, I'm sure they'll appreciate it. :)

That's true. I feel like that with my family and the few other people who have been in and out of my life. I feel like I make them feel bad because I feel bad, so your right. If I love myself, I'm almost certain they would be much happier....Hmm, I wish I could be happier, so they would stop obsessing over me. I don't want to add stress to there life...I guess I try and be happier for them.

Thanks, Montejocarlo.

JonSP

I beat myself up mentally when I'm in a situation where SA takes over and stops me from saying/doing what I want.

Blannabers

2000%. I hate how Im unable to socialize with people my own age because Im not as intelligent as them. My parents vew me as a bumbling failiure. I hate the way I look, act, and I really hope someone comes by and beats the absolute sh*t out of me because I feel like I deserve it.

MikeyC

That's true. I feel like that with my family and the few other people who have been in and out of my life. I feel like I make them feel bad because I feel bad, so your right. If I love myself, I'm almost certain they would be much happier....Hmm, I wish I could be happier, so they would stop obsessing over me. I don't want to add stress to there life...I guess I try and be happier for them.

Thanks, Montejocarlo.
When I was 18 and unemployed, I felt like I was giving my parents grief, too, and I think I might've been. Even now, at the age of 25, I still do it but in a different way.

It's obvious your parents love you and you love your parents. If you all let that be known constantly then that makes for one relaxed household, social anxiety or not.

Shyangel

When I was 18 and unemployed, I felt like I was giving my parents grief, too, and I think I might've been. Even now, at the age of 25, I still do it but in a different way.

It's obvious your parents love you and you love your parents. If you all let that be known constantly then that makes for one relaxed household, social anxiety or not.

My parents do make it obvious they love me, but we never say it the words "I love you" to each other, but they are a good to me. I certainly have my problems and I assure you, this isn't a relaxed house hold. I have all kinds of family drama. It's so bad I've considered sleeping outside. My mom, even though she will do anything for me, is angry and complains all the time and causes so much stress. I don't get along with my family great, honestly, but I know they love me and I do love them.

MikeyC

My parents do make it obvious they love me, but we never say it the words "I love you" to each other, but they are a good to me. I certainly have my problems and I assure you, this isn't a relaxed house hold. I have all kinds of family drama. It's so bad I've considered sleeping outside. My mom, even though she will do anything for me, is angry and complains all the time and causes so much stress. I don't get along with my family great, honestly, but I know they love me and I do love them.
All families have stress. It's how it is. I hope you can start loving yourself so that your parents can be happier for you, too. :)