Do you believe in God?

B

Beatrice

I don't know how people get into long, and often complicated, debates about it. It seems a very simple topic to me, we don't know ****, there's no point in debating something none of us know **** about. Everyone should just get on with their lives and stop worrying about whether there is a big gorilla in the sky that wants to kill us after we die.

You, sir, are the definition of agnostic :D

Makes perfect sense. The way I see it is, if he WERE real, why would WE need to spend SO MUCH TIME figuring it out? THAT makes NO sense.

Ahem, perhaps I opened a can of worms, there, but..... well, this whole thread is a can of worms that has been opened, isn't it? ;)

idealist77

believe or not there is a absolute justice fellas. ;)

I find it strange that people can use a winking emoticon after such a sentence, but I see people that supposedly believe this making light of it all the time.

"Some of you are going to experience the worst imaginable torment for all eternity. ;)"

Last edited:

Steppen-Wolf

I'm an agnostic atheist.

Meaning in general I don't believe in the existence of some deity (at least in the way most people see it) but I don't claim this as fact.

For me pure atheism is the same as religion, just ignoring logic and believing what you wish to believe just for the sake of it. We're just insects in the greater scope of the universe, who live and die in a blink, how can we claim to know such a fundamental truth?

Tiercel

JBSHaldane.jpg

I'd definitely worship a god like this. One with character and quirks.

One I wouldn't mind spending time with if I ever met him/her/it.

:D

healingmyheart

Yes, I do believe in God.
I have SA, and Depression for many years, and without knowing God, reading the Bible, and having other fellow Christians in my life to lean on for support, I would feel more lost than without Him in my life.
Sometimes, we are given issues to learn how to turn to Him and lean on Him to let Him help us.
Within the last year and a half I have had my SA tested to beyond the max. and as I look back at the worst days I went through, I don't see myself making it through that time. Rather I see Him carrying me through it.
I use several Bible passages and praise and worship songs to help me through my daily life, and especially when I am having really rough patches.

Illusions

I don't believe in God.

The way I see it, if God truly existed and were as merciful and loving as people claim him to be, then I have nothing to worry about. I wouldn't be sent to hell just for not bowing down to him because I rationally deduced that the existence of such a being is logically impossible (and also because I'm not an evil person). Basically, he wouldn't be a selfish and malevolent narcissist, which is what he is judging by the holy books...

This is just my own opinion, of course.

Last edited:

Lonelykitsune

I don't know. I was born catholic but my family was never overly religous.

Reading the bible really put me off christianity, it was horrible.

I'd like to think theres somewhere nice after death but I guess its just like the time before you were born.

I don't think it would help my SA even if I did have a lot of faith.

dean01

i dont believe in god but i do believe theres a higher power at work, fate if you like. man created god, not god created man. why do we believe theres a god? because its written in a book man wrote? no offence to anyone thats just my opinion.

lunarla

Smog said:
Whether or not there is any type of god, I'm not supposed to say. And today, I don't really care. God is a word and the argument ends there.

I don't think there's been one of these threads where I haven't used this quote. : )