Do you believe in God?

may I use this as my answer, as well?

my belief is that it is beyond the scope of human ability to "know" god

and therefore, meaningless to try

Yes. God, if he/she/it exists, would be the same to us as we are to an ant.

JamieD

I absolutely do not believe in God. Don't get me started. I appreciate that people feel a need to believe and feel loved by some all-powerful presence, but in reality, the idea of God defies logic, common sense & science.

Let me ask you this.
1) It's common sense that something cannot exist unless it's existence was directly caused by something else. So if there is nothing higher/more superior than 'God' then God cannot exist because there was no before, thus no direct cause for his existence.

2) If, on the other hand, something preceded God, then he is nothing special, as he is not the top/first. Then you might say, then the thing that created God is actually the God.. well what created him? We're back to scenario 1. See? The idea of God, is a logical impossibility, full-stop.

Also, if you're going to believe in something that is unproven, never been seen, heard, touched, etc.. then it's only fair to apply the same logic and assume that- flying pigs, flying spaghetti monsters, fire breathing cats, (and any number of stupid non-existant things), also exist. And we know that they don't exist right? See?

*EDIT: For anyone who says 'Well.. God created science & logic, etc..', well, science is the study of reality, proven & tested things.
Religion doesn't even operate in logic and reality, so that statement has no ground to stand on.

Last edited:
Re: Do you believe in boobies?

Someone say somethin bout boobies?

ig33_darwin_boobies_02.jpg

Pookah

I absolutely do not believe in God. Don't get me started. I appreciate that people feel a need to believe and feel loved by some all-powerful presence, but in reality, the idea of God defies logic, common sense & science.

Let me ask you this.
1) It's common sense that something cannot exist unless it's existence was directly caused by something else. So if there is nothing higher/more superior than 'God' then God cannot exist because there was no before, thus no direct cause for his existence.

2) If, on the other hand, something preceded God, then he is nothing special, as he is not the top/first. Then you might say, then the thing that created God is actually the God.. well what created him? We're back to scenario 1. See? The idea of God, is a logical impossibility, full-stop.

Also, if you're going to believe in something that is unproven, never been seen, heard, touched, etc.. then it's only fair to apply the same logic and assume that- flying pigs, flying spaghetti monsters, fire breathing cats, (and any number of stupid non-existant things), also exist. And we know that they don't exist right? See?

So supposing there is no god, in fact ignoring anything like that altogether really....how do we explain anythings existence? What came before space, time, etc? If there has to be a beginning and end how is that even possible? I'm pretty sure its something along the lines of "we have yet to possess the knowledge to answer these questions." Are we in a loop? Or do we really even exist?

JamieD

Check my *EDIT in the last post.

But yea, it's pretty interesting, there's the possibility that all this could be an illusion. But something must have caused the illusion. We're back to the same 'square 1' question. I believe it's truly unanswerable. And through the years, religion has just come about as a theory to try and answer it, with no real proof. But it's probably impossible to even obtain proof on any theory of 'what came first'.

JamieD

So supposing there is no god, in fact ignoring anything like that altogether really....how do we explain anythings existence? What came before space, time, etc? If there has to be a beginning and end how is that even possible? I'm pretty sure its something along the lines of "we have yet to possess the knowledge to answer these questions." Are we in a loop? Or do we really even exist?

Well yes, we do have yet to answer that question. And science probably will get near in time. But it certainly wasn't created by a man with a beard sitting on a cloud. ( Clouds weren't even invented at that time ::p: )

Pookah

Well yes, we do have yet to answer that question. And science probably will get near in time. But it certainly wasn't created by a man with a beard sitting on a cloud. ( Clouds weren't even invented at that time ::p: )

Pretty clouds in space.

fairy-eagle-nebula-wallpaper.jpg