Do not feed the troll

Feathers

Phocas, how did you find those things??

I was really ANGRY when I read that, how can anyone even think of things like that?? yikes

But I also found cool forums about squirrels and banjos on the threads, so.... hm?

(And we were neglected in favor of emo goths and Harry Potter at one forum...?? not sure what to say!!)

Not sure how wise it is to click on those links? Maybe they'll be happy to get a spike in traffic and come back to this site? They did seem pretty bored the first time around... 'suffocated in cuddles' lol!!

I wonder if mods read those threads, some of them still seem to be active users on the site? (Or did they post wrong threads just to mess with people?)

I do think that in RL 80% people are really allright... maybe on internet the percentage of odd population can be skewed a bit, at least on certain forums? (Do they eat too many protein shakes or what??)
Or did they just get offended by a few threads? (which would be really silly)

It was on this forum that I lost some of the fear of sportsy people, cause some sportsy people also seemed quite nice... And I've met some nice sportsy people in RL too... so I think it really depends...

doubleM, what kind of work did you used to do?

panicsurvivor

Don't worry about that sort of thing, it's just internet twattery from people that wouldn't say boo to anyone face to face.

This is probably the best reaction any of us can have to this.

I have to admit that when I read through that thread, I got pretty protective of everyone, and started gearing up for war. Those people are not sociopaths. They are not dangerous. They are jokes. I have a rather checkered past, and personality traits that I am not proud of. Because of this I have been friends with and have known quite a few REAL dangerous people, and sociopaths. Those people are nothing more than the petty people at high school, who like to make fun of others to make themselves feel better, nothing more. I remember Sleepless, I actually went to Remus about him. He didn't say anything that was very clever, and wasn't doing anything dastardly. He was just making fun of people. Trolling on the internet is pathetic. People that Troll are people that generally spend as little time in the RW, as people on this site. The people who are dangerous on the Internet are people that are stalkers, and people that are computer savvy enough to steal. NOT TROLLS!! Real dangerous people wouldn't troll this site. There is no money in it, and no real way to hurt anyone. I understand that most of the people on this site, have social phobia. So they probably feel like it's easy for me to say this because I don't have it, I know that is true, and that's one of the reasons I didn't start a war, because I know there are really sensitive people who might get hurt. But please guys, don't take this seriously, and don't let it get in the way of your recovery. This is not even an obstacle in your path. These people's lives suck, that is why they are doing this, and if they don't suck now, believe me they will. Karma is a bitch. It does catch up with you..........sooner or later.:mad::mad::mad:

doubleM

doubleM, what kind of work did you used to do?

eh...various rough trade jobs like construction, industrial maintenance, electrician. i got out of it because i couldnt get along with the people in it. it was like working with a bunch of pirates. its always the same types in that kind of work, the lowest class of people you can think of...very similar to what you saw on that forum. so you can guess that the quiet, polite, reserved type doesnt mesh well with them.

one job in particular i hated the most. i worked in maintenance at this plant. i was only 23 when i got hired, so not many of the older guys wanted that. no one would help me with anything. i had done nothing to anyone, but they didnt want me there.
there was this one guy who gave me crap all the time, i couldnt stand him. one day my work chair went missing. i found it later, someone had hidden it. then they stole it again, so i chained it to a table. i came back the next day and it was gone, they cut the chain. i found it again, and i got a bigger chain...then i caught the guy in the act trying to get the chain off. he went to great lengths just to disrespect me for no reason. all of that just for spite, just because im not like him.

there was also this older guy who wouldnt do anything. he would disappear and go take a nap behind stuff. my main work partner just hated me for no reason. anytime i asked for his help, he was really hateful and condescending about it. i could go on and on about that place. back then i was too naive to understand and handle it properly. today i would kill those guys.

at other jobs ive had my stuff stolen, my car keyed, sabotaged, ratted on for stuff i didnt do.

I do think that in RL 80% people are really allright... maybe on internet the percentage of odd population can be skewed a bit, at least on certain forums? (Do they eat too many protein shakes or what??)

its not just experiences at work. i can just drive down the road and theres idiots trying to kill me. its like the media wants us to believe that people are basically good, but they are not.

anyway i dont mean to ramble. ive had other jobs where i dealt with the same thing. i couldnt hold them down as a result of that. but this is how so many people in the world are. backstabbing, vindictive, remorseless cowards. you cant give them an inch. im not saying everyone is but a great percentage of them. that hornet's nest of a forum is strikingly similar to their behavior.

Last edited:

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Trolls can have character...

FEED ME.... FEEEED ME NOM NOM GRRRR NOM NOM GRRRR NOMMY NOM

domo-kun-hates-rabbits.jpg

FEED ME LIL' KITTY, GRRR

domo_kitty.jpg

coyote

l....These people's lives suck, that is why they are doing this, and if they don't suck now, believe me they will. Karma is a bitch. It does catch up with you..........sooner or later.:mad::mad::mad:

yes, apparently "Sleepless" aka "riker7" is a NASCAR fan

karma indeed

Apotheosis

I read through some of that fvsports thread, and noticed that many of the wannabee trollers have upwards of 20,000 posts. Several had more than 50,000. All in a relatively short span.

That's kind of pathetic.

vexatiousmind

^^ haha, true.

Idk if how thay have time to be good athletes, if they spend that much time on the internet.

nothing wrong with that btw, I spend most of my time on the internet

Feathers

yes, apparently "Sleepless" aka "riker7" is a NASCAR fan

karma indeed

umm, subtitles? :)

cute photos, Lemur!!

YAY for protecting us Suvivor!! :) I think the people are too busy writing their 20.000 or 50.000 posts though, yup - lol!! And it's a SPORTS site?? /is confused/
(Aren't they busy doing... pushups, or something?)

doubleM, sorry to hear about all that. What kind of area do you live in? :eek:

Well, maybe I was lucky, most people I've met were essentially good... Only had an iffy situation at one place of work, it was more of like maybe 'wannabe intrigues' in the end I think the people who attempted that got burnt kinda...
and at another place, kinda went with a wrong strategy in a couple of places...

maybe it depends on the area one lives in, hmm...

Rembrandt Broam

I think the most upsetting thing about the content on that Sports site was the blatant disregard for the fact that actual human beings use this forum, and the ignorance shown towards the problem of S.A.

It doesn't even matter about the fact we shouldn't 'feed' the troll. The worry is that people can be like that in the first place. No sign of a conscience or soul.

Yet here we sit on this forum agonising over the problems we sometimes have connecting with others :confused:

It's unfortunate that the internet brings out this sort of behaviour in a lot of people. Stick them behind the safety of a monitor and a keyboard and they suddenly grow a pair the size of water melons, and take great pleasure in being the swaggering, laddish types that they'd never dare to be in real life.

This is probably the best reaction any of us can have to this.

I have to admit that when I read through that thread, I got pretty protective of everyone, and started gearing up for war. Those people are not sociopaths. They are not dangerous. They are jokes. I have a rather checkered past, and personality traits that I am not proud of. Because of this I have been friends with and have known quite a few REAL dangerous people, and sociopaths. Those people are nothing more than the petty people at high school, who like to make fun of others to make themselves feel better, nothing more. I remember Sleepless, I actually went to Remus about him. He didn't say anything that was very clever, and wasn't doing anything dastardly. He was just making fun of people. Trolling on the internet is pathetic. People that Troll are people that generally spend as little time in the RW, as people on this site. The people who are dangerous on the Internet are people that are stalkers, and people that are computer savvy enough to steal. NOT TROLLS!! Real dangerous people wouldn't troll this site. There is no money in it, and no real way to hurt anyone. I understand that most of the people on this site, have social phobia. So they probably feel like it's easy for me to say this because I don't have it, I know that is true, and that's one of the reasons I didn't start a war, because I know there are really sensitive people who might get hurt. But please guys, don't take this seriously, and don't let it get in the way of your recovery. This is not even an obstacle in your path. These people's lives suck, that is why they are doing this, and if they don't suck now, believe me they will. Karma is a bitch. It does catch up with you..........sooner or later.:mad::mad::mad:

This is very true. People that are actually dangerous are usually more subtle about their antics. Besides, they're never ''evil'' for the sake of being evil, it's usually a trait that comes with the business.

What I fear for with trolls is that they don't see past the ''funny'' side of what they're doing. They talk about convincing members into killing themselves in a ''humorous'' manor, but in reality it's not difficult to push someone over the edge. It can take a innocent phrase picked up in the wrong context to push a suicidal person into committing the act. Whether they intend to or not, their plan could have worked given that the circumstances are right.

And that makes me so angry. They utilize a weakness, of which the mere presence itself is already DEEPLY tragic, and then continue to take advantage of it for a few laughs. Not only that, but trying to gain trust as a member first.

Just thinking about what kind of mental damage they could do to people here, of which some are nothing short of being real life angels, just makes me sick. I see the regular users here as family, and it's just heartbreaking to see that there's people out there that feel the need to pick on them just emphasize the presence of their testicles.

It makes me want to find them and teach them a thing or two about what their funny jokes cause. See if they still think it's funny when they see a parent break down over a child that decided to end it all.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if some members in that thread caused some people to develop social phobia in the first place.

Last edited:

Kiwong

I imagine these people as overweight donut dunking couch potatoes watching race cars do hundred of laps around the same course.

upndwn

I imagine these people as overweight donut dunking couch potatoes watching race cars do hundred of laps around the same course.

Hey, that sounds suspiciously a lot like me ::p: (except for the race car thing :D).

MaliceInWickedland

You see plenty of those around nowadays. People might as well start looking like that picture. I think this site is the only place on the net that I haven't seen a troll thus far.

Last edited: