Do not feed the troll

Bumping this as I found some curious links while pondering the 'we were critised' thread. These give very good insight into why people troll - basically they are immature bullys - and why its important not to respond.

Just a warning that you may find the idea of people ganging up to troll other forums disturbing - I did

If we were to troll another site as a group...
List Of Potential New Trolling Targets

o-m-g!!:eek:
They even posted a spw member's picture and what she posted in here!
Well that makes me very glad I have never posted my pic in here.

panicsurvivor

I went through the site with a fine tooth comb. There are only ten real members. Dr. Gator is my age, and one dismally ignorant and ugly person. I read through every single post I could find of his and it was pretty sad. Just reading his posts is like showering in ****. I actually am considering retaliation. If any of you are interested P.M. me. ;);)

Remus

Staff member
If you suspect trolling, report it. They get banned with thier IP registered here, they don't come back. If they try using a proxy we spot that and they cannot join again.

Maybe report those forums to thier server as I think most servers have zero tolerence to such practices. If enough complain it will be noted:

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/sho...n-site-trolling-another?p=2184539#post2184539

The sports forum linkback has been blocked here

Last edited:

panicsurvivor

Come on man, that would make us no better than them. They're lots of jerks on the internet, and just because we were jerked around doesn't mean we have to become one. If anything you'll be feeding them, which is exactly what trolls like and want. I don't see what this would accomplish.

Yeah your right. That was what I originally decided too. It was just that I went through a bunch of their threads and posts. Like I said I felt like I needed a shower. They were the nastiest people I had ever seen. They talked about, beating women, and children. They were viciously homophobic, and some of them were openly racicst. In short they were pretty much everything I hate. People on this forum tell stories of being bullied and terrorized and my blood boils, for my friends!!! I want to teach some lessons!!:mad::mad: The thing is, your right, and my first impulse was right. I don't think that, "I would be no better than them". I completely disagree with that statement, I think that battling people like that is right, but in the real world not on the internet. Like I said in a previous post, these people are not dangerous. In the real world, I could squash them like insects, but online they could be as big and blustery as they want to be, safe behind their keyboards. All that I would accomplish would be, to waste time, think negatively, and still feel like I need a shower!!! Not one of them would feel my fists, or see me. So how could I even give them something to be afraid of. Besides my friends on here really don't need to be protected, Remus is like the fastest quickdraw mod in the west! LOL. Trollkilling is beneath me. I am on this site to talk to, and help my friends. I am trying to be positive, when I am on SPW, being aggressive with ignorant pricks, is not conducive to that. LOL. As some of you know I have some pretty volatile, and hostile tendancies, but my heart is always in the right place. I hope.
Thanks VJ.::eek::

Last edited:
People can't be taught lessons but they can learn. Most of the time SPW is like a room full of positive energy and I think this can rub off on others, even those who come here to have their fun at our expense. Maybe they will read a post they can relate to, will stop awhile and have a think. I believe I've found an example of this here; where the op has a laugh at the idea of SA - that's ok, any new concept can be amusing

"There are apparently, discussion boards for just about everything....

Check this out: http//www.socialphobiaworld.com
I came accross this while searching for a picture.
It's a discussion board for people with social anxiety...
Oh my God! Somebody's at the door!!!!! Oh ****!!! What do I do?
"

...and one of the replies is this

"That site has probably the most hideous VBulletin skin I've ever seen.
As far as "social anxiety"... I have that to some degree. I DO NOT like "parties" or "dinners" with large groups of people, 3/4 of whom I don't even know.
At work I don't "socialize". I say "good morning" and that's about it. I don't hang out with them or eat lunch with them (and talk about others behind their backs they way they do).
I prefer to be left alone. You need something done? Tell me what you want, give me the parts and go away. I'll call you when it's done.
Whenever I do "go out" somewhere (like dinner or a movie) it's always with family or someone I know.
"Social butterfly" I am certainly not (nor do I want to be).
"

So maybe the replier will return for a browse?

eerr...hello if you have, and I agree about the skin :]

coyote

a note on "free speech"

Freedom of Speech as guaranteed in the Constitution of the United States of America, refers to the right of speaking out against the government, or voicing otherwise controversial ideas, IN PUBLIC, without fear of reprisal from the government.

It doesn't give you the right to make slanderous or libelous statements/accusations against private parties

it doesn't give you the right to make inflammatory or obscene statements that will disturb the public peace

it doesn't give you the right to do anything on PRIVATE PROPERTY - for instance, a privately owned website

and it certainly doesn't give you the right to do anything anywhere OTHER than the United States

the concept of "free speech" does not apply to trolling

a note on "free speech"

Freedom of Speech as guaranteed in the Constitution of the United States of America, refers to the right of speaking out against the government, or voicing otherwise controversial ideas, IN PUBLIC, without fear of reprisal from the government.

It doesn't give you the right to make slanderous or libelous statements/accusations against private parties

it doesn't give you the right to make inflammatory or obscene statements that will disturb the public peace

it doesn't give you the right to do anything on PRIVATE PROPERTY - for instance, a privately owned website

and it certainly doesn't give you the right to do anything anywhere OTHER than the United States

the concept of "free speech" does not apply to trolling

I'm pretty sure other countries have laws on freedom of speech :rolleyes:

He was a.... god save me from my geekiness. He was a... stoop or stoor, (not sure which) hobbit, they mostly lived by rivers and... water I guess.

I need to stop reading the lord of the rings

coyote

What's "lord of the rings"?

is that like "Lord of the Dance" with Michael Flatley?

I saw that, it was cool