dear coyote

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
do we judge because we feel judged?

or

do we feel judged because we, ourselves, judge - and therefore assume that everyone else does likewise?

I feel it's the latter. We see the world through our own eyes, and while the world itself and everything in it influences how we do see it, the way we interrupt it is specialized to each one of us.

We have no idea what is truly going on in other people's head, and I am sure everyone can think of a long list of thoughts or ideas or random whatever that has crossed their mind that they never have, and never will share. But the only thing we do know is what goes through our own mind. So we assume and worry that it is how everyone else thinks too. I'm thinking about the clothes she wears, everyone must be thinking about the clothes I wear. Her posture, his muscles, their house, their kids, their car, the jokes they make, the sound of their voice.

I may have been able to explain that better but I think you'll get the gist.

So, Dear Coyote,

Is changing our thoughts about others the first step to changing our thoughts about ourselves? If we want to stop feeling judged, must we first stop judging others? If we want to stop feeling unattractive, do we need to change how we view others as attractive? If we want to feel less awkward, do we need to stop defining things others do as awkward so readily?

Section_31

Dear Coyote,

Thank you for putting to rest my fears of the meaning of life!. I salute your wisdom and experience!.

My next question of eternal wonder, if walmart is dropping prices every day, why isnt anything free yet?

Will their items EVER be free??

If so let me know, id really like to camp outside and wait for a new TV >.>

coyote

Dear Coyote,

Thank you for putting to rest my fears of the meaning of life!. I salute your wisdom and experience!.

My next question of eternal wonder, if walmart is dropping prices every day, why isnt anything free yet?

Will their items EVER be free??

If so let me know, id really like to camp outside and wait for a new TV >.>

dear The Lone Gunman,

nothing in life is free

just ask this thrifty shopper who parked in front of my local Wal-Mart:

392178_10150988187581566_947500522_n.jpg

yes, that is a Ferrari 575M maranello

looks like he beat you to the best camping spot

good luck!

dragonoth

Dear Coyote,

Not sure if anyone has asked you this before, but what is your story to being on here? You know how everyone who joins SPW introduces themselves with a bit of background of why they're here, I would like to know a bit about yours. I hope it's not too personal of a question.

:)

awkwardamanda

Dear coyote,
Please feel free to respond to any of my threads or posts. Your input and sense of humour are appreciated.:)

Section_31

Dear Coyote,

Do you know if we'll develop warp drive in our lifetimes??. I would REALLY like to start exploring the galaxy...

Thoughts?

coyote

Dear Coyote,

Do you know if we'll develop warp drive in our lifetimes??. I would REALLY like to start exploring the galaxy...

Thoughts?

dear The Lone Gunman,

unfortunately, my knowledge of astrophysics is quite limited

but, if Einstein was correct in his assertion that a² + b² = π x r²

then we'll need something more powerful than a 1981 De Lorean to bend the fabric of space sharply enough to visit another solar system

my assistant, Hubert, suggests that we use Legos

coyote

Dear Coyote,

Not sure if anyone has asked you this before, but what is your story to being on here? You know how everyone who joins SPW introduces themselves with a bit of background of why they're here, I would like to know a bit about yours. I hope it's not too personal of a question.

:)

dear dragonoth,

i came here looking for answers, much like everyone else

a couple of years ago i was going through a particularly difficult time, and someone asked me why i was acting the way i was. determined to explain, i began googling symptoms - starting with "fear of making a phone call" - and i ended up finding information about social anxiety and avoidant personality disorder. these were both diagnoses suggested to me by a therapist i had visited the year before (but hadn't followed up with due to financial reasons).

during my online research, i stumbled across this forum, and introduced myself. i'm not sure what happened next - all i know is that i woke up in a dimly lit room furnished with a barcalounger, a copy of the forum rules, and a portrait of Tony Danza painted on black velvet

i've been here ever since

coyote

I feel it's the latter. We see the world through our own eyes, and while the world itself and everything in it influences how we do see it, the way we interrupt it is specialized to each one of us.

We have no idea what is truly going on in other people's head, and I am sure everyone can think of a long list of thoughts or ideas or random whatever that has crossed their mind that they never have, and never will share. But the only thing we do know is what goes through our own mind. So we assume and worry that it is how everyone else thinks too. I'm thinking about the clothes she wears, everyone must be thinking about the clothes I wear. Her posture, his muscles, their house, their kids, their car, the jokes they make, the sound of their voice.

I may have been able to explain that better but I think you'll get the gist.

So, Dear Coyote,

Is changing our thoughts about others the first step to changing our thoughts about ourselves? If we want to stop feeling judged, must we first stop judging others? If we want to stop feeling unattractive, do we need to change how we view others as attractive? If we want to feel less awkward, do we need to stop defining things others do as awkward so readily?

dear vj288,

i don't know if it's the first step, but i certainly think it helps - i know it has helped me

like you pointed out, it's a mindset - as long as we continue to see judging behavior as the norm, we will expect to be judged.

so it stands to reason that if we give up that viewpoint, the anxiety will decrease.

and what better way to change it than by practicing it in our own lives through our own actions, our own thinking, our own habits?

the less we feel the need to judge others, the less we will expect that they are judging us

Section_31

Dear Coyote,

I just received the attached warning. What do you think it means?!? O.O

Attachments

• Ackbar.jpg
    Ackbar.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 0

coyote

Dear Coyote.

In your professional opinion, did dinosaurs taste like chicken?

Sincerely, Wimbleton.

dear Wimbleton,

dinosaurs came in all shapes and sizes

some were small - chicken sized - those probably tasted much like chicken

bigger ones tasted like turkey

yet bigger ones tasted like ostrich

(you can see where i'm going with this)

the largest dinosaurs of all probably tasted like Alec Baldwin

coyote

Dear Coyote,

I just received the attached warning. What do you think it means?!? O.O

dear The Lone Gunman,

i really can't say

it would naturally depend upon the context in which it were received

but if i was you, i would hesitate before approaching any large, spherical objects

may the force be with you