dear coyote

Dear Coyote,

I have two difficult questions that I need your input on.

1 Why do people who keep hand tools in the trunk of their car buy the absolute cheapest set of jumper cables that mankind can cobble together? The same people will buy an expensive monster of a car battery (think 800 cold-cranking amps and bigger) and when the thing goes dead they assume someone can magically jump start their car with jumper cables from the $9.99 bin at the local NAPA auto parts store and act surprised when the bargain basement cables get melted into total uselessness by yet another monsterous car battery?! UGH! Why do they do it?

2 How long is it socially acceptable to gaze into the eyes of an attractive member of the opposite sex without it turning into what I've heard called "having a moment"? At what amount of time does the casual gaze/stare turn into "havin' a moment" and who decided said set time? I've been wondering that.

Your insight into these troublesome matters would be greatly appreciated in helping me to better understand the mindset of most humans.

Sincerely your pal

JC972

Dear Coyote (and Hubert)

Mikey C has 12,928 posts and it looks as though he could be on the road to overtaking you Coyote as spws top poster in the coming months. Should we all freak out about what happens when this happens like the whole y2k thing? I need to plan freaking out in advance so I can really give a good panic when the time comes to over react

yours concerned

joule