dear coyote

coyote

Dear coyote,
Please feel free to respond to any of my threads or posts. Your input and sense of humour are appreciated.:)

狼;638398 said:
Wile E Coyote, Super Genius - YouTube

LooL makes me think of my favorite cartoon!!!

Not entirely sure what the topic is about but your posts never offended me.

thank you

i've changed the original post in this thread

remind me never to let that monkey near my laptop when he's been drinking

psych

dear Nick,

no, i have not always had this nickname - i'm not that cool, unfortunately

coyotes are one of the indigenous animal species in much of the american midwest, where i've lived most of my life

they're omnivorous scavengers, able to adapt to nearly any environment - very resourceful, cunning survivors - often at the expense of other less resourceful creatures (like livestock), and so are often considered a "nuisance species" (aka vermin)

in native american folklore, the coyote is the "trickster" figure - an important part of many world mythologies

i'm also a big fan of Golden Age animation - particularly the Warner studio work of Chuck Jones and Tex Avery. one of my favorite characters has always been Wile E. Coyote - always fails, but is never defeated, never gives up hope, never doubts his own abilities

all in all, it seemed appropriate

You forgot the very simple fact, that he's a dog! (as in current common slang) Just like you. ::p::D
I agree, your wit is definitely something needed in these parts.

coyote

You forgot the very simple fact, that he's a dog! (as in current common slang) Just like you. ::p::D
I agree, your wit is definitely something needed in these parts.

dear psych,

thank you for the lovely studded collar you sent me

it will forever remind me of that night in Sheboygan

coyote

What do you charge? :p

dear Pookah,

my fee schedule is rather straightforward

Hubert has devised a simple algorithm taking into account the particular anatomy involved, the area of exposed skin, the number of participants, and the overall complexity of the maneuver

$24.95 should just about cover it

GraybeardGhost

during my online research, i stumbled across this forum, and introduced myself. i'm not sure what happened next - all i know is that i woke up in a dimly lit room furnished with a barcalounger, a copy of the forum rules, and a portrait of Tony Danza painted on black velvet

Dear Coyote,

I'm fairly new to the forum, and I haven't done the formal introduction thing yet. If I do introduce myself, will I get a Barcalounger too? The spike I've been sitting on becomes very uncomfortable after a few hours, and I would like to try something else. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
G. Ghost

coyote

What are your opinions on justice? - when do we have a right to complain, get upset and feel a sense of unfairness and sadness? How do you justify your reasoning with your position on these ideas and when do you feel that it is acceptable for one to feel frustrated? What is the difference between indifference and being at peace?

Your thread man - go hard. I'm listening.

dear Kiakaha,

i like justice - there should be more of it in the world

when i was eight, i often complained to my parents about how unfair it was that they were sending me to bed at 10:00 pm every night when they got to stay up and watch Johnny Carson. it did little good to correct the situation. that upset and saddened me a great deal.

everyone has the "right" to complain and feel frustrated whenever they want to

in America, we even have laws that guarantee that people may speak their minds freely in public and even denounce the government if they so choose

there is no corresponding mandate that requires anyone to listen or agree

my own personal opinion is offered to you free of charge - which reminds me of the old addage, "you get what you pay for"

if it doesn't work for you, you may return it for a full refund within 30 days if accompanied by the appropriate receipt

one my find peace in the acceptance that they can only do so much to change the world, particularly if they take positive action in that regard - that doesn't mean that they have to stop caring about the problems they recognize exist

one my also find peace in not caring at all - indifference. this is hard to do for a sane and rational person who has any contact with the outside world. i don't recommend it.

JuiceB

dear Nick,

no, i have not always had this nickname - i'm not that cool, unfortunately

coyotes are one of the indigenous animal species in much of the american midwest, where i've lived most of my life

they're omnivorous scavengers, able to adapt to nearly any environment - very resourceful, cunning survivors - often at the expense of other less resourceful creatures (like livestock), and so are often considered a "nuisance species" (aka vermin)

in native american folklore, the coyote is the "trickster" figure - an important part of many world mythologies

i'm also a big fan of Golden Age animation - particularly the Warner studio work of Chuck Jones and Tex Avery. one of my favorite characters has always been Wile E. Coyote - always fails, but is never defeated, never gives up hope, never doubts his own abilities

all in all, it seemed appropriate
Dear Coyote,

I read your previous response regarding one of you favorite characters and why you identify with him so much. Does this also imply that your "Roadrunner" would equal to "Freedom from SA", something that you're currently chasing after hungrily?

coyote

Dear Coyote,

I'm fairly new to the forum, and I haven't done the formal introduction thing yet. If I do introduce myself, will I get a Barcalounger too? The spike I've been sitting on becomes very uncomfortable after a few hours, and I would like to try something else. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
G. Ghost

dear G. Ghost,

you got a spike? i'm jealous!

it is my understanding that all accomodation requests are to be directed to twiggle - whom, i might add, recently denied my purchase order for a new geiger counter

good luck!

dragonoth

dear dragonoth,

i came here looking for answers, much like everyone else

a couple of years ago i was going through a particularly difficult time, and someone asked me why i was acting the way i was. determined to explain, i began googling symptoms - starting with "fear of making a phone call" - and i ended up finding information about social anxiety and avoidant personality disorder. these were both diagnoses suggested to me by a therapist i had visited the year before (but hadn't followed up with due to financial reasons).

during my online research, i stumbled across this forum, and introduced myself. i'm not sure what happened next - all i know is that i woke up in a dimly lit room furnished with a barcalounger, a copy of the forum rules, and a portrait of Tony Danza painted on black velvet

i've been here ever since

Dear Coyote,

You certainly have a unique sense of humour. But more than that, when I read some of your replies to people's problems I can't help but wonder why you're still on here. You seem to have grasped a very thorough understanding of how the world really is and as far as I've seen you don't make threads about any problems you might be facing. You're more like a supporter to people on here, or at least that's the vibe I get from you. So now my question is, why do you still come here?

coyote

Dear Coyote,

I read your previous response regarding one of you favorite characters and why you identify with him so much. Does this also imply that your "Roadrunner" would equal to "Freedom from SA", something that you're currently chasing after hungrily?

dear JuiceB,

that is an interesting analysis

i personally always felt that the Roadrunner represented something more universal - truth? purpose? peace of mind? enlightenment?

hoddesdon

Dear Coyote,

Do you know if we'll develop warp drive in our lifetimes??. I would REALLY like to start exploring the galaxy...

Thoughts?

No, because there was another form of drive used by spaceships before warp drive. Warp drive permits inter-stellar travel (i.e. between galaxies) I think, whereas the earlier form only allowed you to zip around within a galaxy (the one you originate from presumably). It is unlikely that two generations of drives could be developed within that time-frame.

Do I get an infraction for answering a question on coyote's thread?

coyote

Dear Coyote,

You certainly have a unique sense of humour. But more than that, when I read some of your replies to people's problems I can't help but wonder why you're still on here. You seem to have grasped a very thorough understanding of how the world really is and as far as I've seen you don't make threads about any problems you might be facing. You're more like a supporter to people on here, or at least that's the vibe I get from you. So now my question is, why do you still come here?

dear dragonoth,

i still have a number of problems i'm dealing with personally

reading and responding to posts from others with the same issues helps me to clarify my own thoughts and feelings

besides, it's always more interesting to deal with someone else's problems instead of our own, isn't it?

coyote

No, because there was another form of drive used by spaceships before warp drive. Warp drive permits inter-stellar travel (i.e. between galaxies) I think, whereas the earlier form only allowed you to zip around within a galaxy (the one you originate from presumably). It is unlikely that two generations of drives could be developed within that time-frame.

Do I get an infraction for answering a question on coyote's thread?

dear hoddesdon,

according to Hubert, you're thinking of impulse drive

no infractions this time, but you may no longer receive any cake