Can you read people's emotions?

ImNotMyIllness

I scored 33/36. I am very intuitive and can pick up slight facial cues. But, I'm still very awkward. That being said, I think a couple of the pictures is debatable.

Froggy246

I got 31, I think I've said this before somewhere, but I'm never quite sure if I'm incredibly perceptive or just incredibly paranoid. Either way it doesn't bode well.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member

Apparently I'm pretty good, except that I interpret stuff like 'interested' and 'fantasizing' as 'hostile' and 'angry'.

D'oh.

>,<

Sounds about right.

I got 33/36. I think that my problem is not reading the emotions of others, but not being able to or knowing how to handle or react to the emotions of others, and myself, for that matter. Strong emotions of any nature overwhelm me, or just make me uncomfortable.

Kiwong

Yes, my problem is also knowing how to react. Some people seem to play games with or disguise their emotions. There is often a huge gap between the emotions on their face and their actions and words.

sorrow1

I got 24/36 based on the scoring that's average. I always thought I was good at picking up on peoples emotions. But as the the whole body can give off signals for emotion I don't think I can judge my skills based on eyes alone.

SilentBird

I didn't do the test. I don't think I can read people's emotions very well and I am too scared to have it confirmed. Mostly all I get from interacting with people is a feeling of intimidation, condescension or bafflement.

sahxox

twenty two lol but im half drunk. I see a recurring pattern between social phobia and reacting too sensitively to others facial reactions. So good o not be alone on this. :)

Steiner

21/36 for me.

I guess it's okay. I already knew I wasn't the best at reading emotions.

Last edited:

greggy

Its dangerous to read into peoples emotions too much, because you will become paranoid, for years I thought I could read peoples emotions perfectly and it made me worse, this is why, you are not taking into consideration maybe that person is having a bad day, maybe something is on they're mind, and here's the big one, maybe they are suffering with some issues because 1 in 5 people do. I'll say it again its bad to read into it too much

laure15

Its dangerous to read into peoples emotions too much, because you will become paranoid, for years I thought I could read peoples emotions perfectly and it made me worse, this is why, you are not taking into consideration maybe that person is having a bad day, maybe something is on they're mind, and here's the big one, maybe they are suffering with some issues because 1 in 5 people do. I'll say it again its bad to read into it too much

You have a point. If we focus too much on other people's emotions, we get sucked into trying to please them. For years, I bashed myself for causing others to feel angry, sad, even hateful. I was so concerned about how others think/feel about me that I lost all self respect for myself.

greggy

You have a point. If we focus too much on other people's emotions, we get sucked into trying to please them. For years, I bashed myself for causing others to feel angry, sad, even hateful. I was so concerned about how others think/feel about me that I lost all self respect for myself.

Exactly!! I've tried to please everyone I've encountered and the reaction I always got from that is a big F off lol! I don't hate myself but I hate!!! HATE!! myself begging to be accepted and liked!!