Black Friday

dottie

omg-do-not-want.jpg

although... i am hoping a few specific nail polishes go on sale for cyber monday.

JackOfSpades

omg-do-not-want.jpg

although... i am hoping a few specific nail polishes go on sale for cyber monday.

Been back and forth on a Kindle for days now. Don't want to spend too much. Probably going to buy a couple games off Good Old Games, though. The doorbusters seem underwhelming this year.

InvisaLady

I'm planing on getting a laptop and a personal DVD player as my old one kicked the bucket a few months back.

Never ordered something from USA on Black Friday.
Last year a teacher at school spent the whole time at class talking about how she spent $700 ordering stuff.

Roman Legion

Been back and forth on a Kindle for days now. Don't want to spend too much. Probably going to buy a couple games off Good Old Games, though. The doorbusters seem underwhelming this year.

I would never have owned a kindle, but it was given to me free. I honestly prefer the feel of real paper in my hands; the kindle is great for putting .pdf books on for free, but I'd rather have the real book in my hands. Also, I think the kindle fire is too much, a basic kindle is more than enough since battery life is long lasting. Other than my statements on the kindle, I think black friday is so stupid and for consumerist sheep. We are a society of consumers, nothing more. Black Friday, you can count me out; never shopped on black friday and never will. I have most of what I need right now and I'm quite happy with that.

JackOfSpades

I would never have owned a kindle, but it was given to me free. I honestly prefer the feel of real paper in my hands; the kindle is great for putting .pdf books on for free, but I'd rather have the real book in my hands. Also, I think the kindle fire is too much, a basic kindle is more than enough since battery life is long lasting.

I'd really like to downsize the amount of "things" I have and spend more time reading. Everytime I look at a print book I'd like to buy now, I imagine how quickly these "things" will re-accumulate.

Roman Legion

I'd really like to downsize the amount of "things" I have and spend more time reading. Everytime I look at a print book I'd like to buy now, I imagine how quickly these "things" will re-accumulate.

I used to go to the library quite often, but they seldom had what I wanted and they had to order it, plus I can't afford to travel around much, so I combine trips. I'm not saying a kindle is at all bad, it great because there are so many free sources for books on the internet and I can get a ton of books without ending up with more books than I have space, I was just saying I personally prefer the feel of having a physical copy of a book, I enjoy the feel and smell of paper while reading. I do think the kindle fire is a bit excessive, but again, that is my opinion. I like my kindle (Basic model, first generation.) but would not have bought it, it was given to me when someone upgraded to a new one, so mine was free. Just a tip of advice, if you vomit when faced with exteme anxiety like I do, never place it in your plaid shirt's chest pocket as it will fall into it. I only have a small amount of my book collection as we lost them every time we had to move, but I did manage to rescue some the local library was going to trash.

truffleshuffle

I'm too poor....lol.

but there's always next year I can start saving up for :)

Nope I'm too poor this year as well. That and I don't need anything really. I have in the past but I usually only went for a few select items and headed back home. Our places are not to crowded usually. Well there crowded but not to where people get runned over. God typing on this I phone is hard to do.

chibiXphantom

i just had to work a black friday (well black thursday) sale and it was the most terrifying thing ever. i hate crowds and people enough as it is, but they are a million times worse when they turn into savage beasts over sales for things they really dont need at all.
im still shaking >_<

Roman Legion

i just had to work a black friday (well black thursday) sale and it was the most terrifying thing ever. i hate crowds and people enough as it is, but they are a million times worse when they turn into savage beasts over sales for things they really dont need at all.
im still shaking >_<

I couldn't and wouldn't want to even imagine that, sorry to hear.

1BlackSheep

I attempted to go, but ended up saying "hell no"! For some reason I thought Best Buy opened at 9:00 pm, and when I got there around 8:30 pm I saw this:

BestBuyBlackThurs.jpg

At first I thought it was for the REI store next door - lol! :bigsmile: Turns out that Best Buy didn't open until midnight and there was already a huuuuge line. Same with Target and Walmart, so it was back home to online shop! The earlier these stores open, the more chaotic it gets!

Remus

Staff member
I've absolutely no idea what Black Friday is but I have every intention of taking advantage of all the sales online.