Black Friday

Starry

People Fight Like Animals - Black Friday Fighting Over Phones During 2012 - YouTube

People make me sick! What in the name of all that is good is wrong with them? Anyone behaving like this over cheaply manufactured rubbish (or anything else for that matter) ought to be fully ashamed of themselves!

"Oh look! it's a sale! This cheaply manufactured rubbish which is usually sold at rip-off prices to line the pockets of the fat-cats is being sold somewhat cheaper... Better keep out of my way or I might just rip your head off!"

And of course, people behave like this in order to feel that they're keeping up with everyone else... A new phone comes out - gotta have it or you're a complete freak. We've become a consumerist society brainwashed into having to be just like everyone else... Like zombie-fied sheep! (I mean no offence to sheep)

JackOfSpades

In fairness, my crowded Black Friday experiences have been very civil and comeraderious (?) lol. People got along, chatted, even shared magazines to pass the time. H*ll, one of the stores I spent one at even gave us juice and cookies twice! while we waited. No kidding.

1BlackSheep

Well, it USED to be fun back before the crowds started getting insane! A lot of people make it a family thing, where you'd get up early, go to breakfast, and then hit the stores. It's no longer fun when you have to deal with trying to find parking, crazy people fighting over stuff, and waiting hours just to pay for whatever you do find. :thumbdown:

In fairness, my crowded Black Friday experiences have been very civil and comeraderious (?) lol. People got along, chatted, even shared magazines to pass the time. H*ll, one of the stores I spent one at even gave us juice and cookies twice! while we waited. No kidding.
I agree - it can be a lot of fun! But these earlier openings seem to have brought out a lot of the "bad element".

coyote

we put out a spread of snacks and beverages for our customers, turned on the christmas music, and lit up the twinkly lights

it's madness! MADNESS!!