Being so damn ugly is my first problem.

Livingwithoutlivin

Having bad teeth, and a weird looking face, and curly hairs damn sucks... knowing that I'm not a pretty person makes me feel hopeless. There is an incentive that can be derived from knowing that you can play the game, and that people will easily gravitate towards you, even though it does not neccisarily have to do with who you are inside... but being attractive, naturally makes you self concious in a way that you want to give others a certain impression, and you know that no matter how dorky you are, it will be construed as attractive, because people just think you are hot.

I feel that we live in a world that is a eugenics movement. We feel like crap because some of us are just ugly on the outside, and the pretty people want to stomp us out, the people with the nice teeth, the nice neat hairs, the proportional faces, they want to knock us down to the ground... we have no choice but to get with the program, we need to improve our selves physically. The whole point of this life is to improve the human race, as racist as it sounds, it seems to be true... and there is no way for me to smile and be comfortable in my own skin, if my smile is so damn ugly. I need braces, and I need a makeover.

Nicholas

and curly hairs damn sucks...
What are you talking about? There's a lot of people who LOVE curly hair, and I personally don't think anyone finds anything wrong with them anyway.

Anyway, I understand your post. Yes, unfortunately we live in a world where it seems we are supposed to play a game: to win you have to get money, attractive girls, be successful, etc. Otherwise, you lose, and the others who want to win at all costs won't ever help you of course, since you are an "enemy" in this game. Just being around you might make them lose points.

I refuse to play this silly game, since it's against what I believe in. However, I have realized that it might be possible to win in this world, even without playing the game. You can win by being happy. You can be happy if you rely on other people who don't want to play the game. Believe it or not, there are still enough nice people who don't want to play that silly game, just like you and me. (Problem: where do we find them? Heh, if I knew it I would probably not be here because I would be happy with my life).

I hope that makes sense, lol.

I get what you are saying. But you gotta learn to accept yourself. I can almost guarantee that whenever you think you are ugly, others dont necessarily see you as you see yourself. I think we pay attention to the wrong people sometimes, we want acceptance from the wrong peopel.

DaaaBulls

I am supposedly good looking and no one likes me. I'm sure people think I am cute at first, then they talk to me and that is that.

Happiness is a warm gun

I think my obsession with looks is definitely one of my biggest problems. I also however believe that it's an often unrelated problem. I don't really think it's fair to compare social phobia based on prettiness, not that you were doing this or anything. There's always those things about your appearance you can change to make yourself look better, but I'm not at that point. I'm at the point where I feel I've done everything I can and just can't change without extremes. afkeljfherghl. I don't want to look perfect, just normal....

by the way, curly hair rocks!!!!

Last edited:
Heres the deal: Accept that you may not be the best looking person, but that you also are NOT ugly. Just because you dont get attention all the time, or you get rejected once or twice, this doesnt mean you are ugly at all. Like I said, we want acceptance often by the wrong people.

Also, insecurities about appearance WILL make you socially anxious. I know it does this for me. But I accept myself as I am, I know I may not be the best looking guy but I am not ugly.

Last edited:

mimi1988

Believe me, there's ALWAYS someone who has it WORSE than you... I'm EXTREMELY conscious about my legs. I think they're 2 unproportioned. But ppl always tell me there's nothing wrong with 'em and that's it's all in my head. Some days I feel pretty and then some days I don't. I've had ppl compliment me on my looks plenty times, and yet that has never changed the way I feel about myself. I STILL think of myself as stupid and worthless (most of the time anyway). I bet if you tried to make yourself look prettier you wouldn't feel so unattractive. When I was younger I HATED walking past mirrors bcus I thought I was hideous lookin. But then I realized that I wasn't doing anything to make myself look pretty. I started wearing earrings, wearing better fitted clothes, and making sure my hair always looked nice. It boosted my confidence A LOT!

blue

I understand fully how you feel. I have a real problem with the way I look, I just dont think I look normal. No matter what people say to me I look in the mirror and hate what I see.
I have had good comments and bad comments and I always believe the bad ones........I think if I ever went out without my make up on people would hurl abuse at me...........Its an awful way to feel but I do believe that confidence is attractive no matter what you look like so if you can try and build your confidence you will look better........easier said than done I know and i battle with this every day!
take care

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I hate my nose, and my face structure. I'm not as skinny as I want to be and... I wont go any further. I guess everyone feels insecure about themselves in one way or another. I know a few people who are quite good looking, but they think of themselves as ugly... It's kind of sad.

I know where you're coming from. Without make up, I'm not that nice to look at. ::(: I hate the mirror.

mmmm

Work those curls, Sista! Do you know how friggin' much it costs and how friggin' long it takes for some people to get their hair curled at the salon? I bet a lot of people are looking at you with envy.

Satine

Girlie, if you've got curly hair, then enjoy it, don't resent it! Look, between you and me, I know the problems about a flaky scalp that tends to beset us curly-haired types. But if you find the right product to deal with that, you can keep it to a minimum. And besides, do you have any idea how many people are jealous of us curlies?

Ever thought of growing your hair long? Long and curly hair is made of lush and leaves swathes of jealous people in your wake - especially if it's an eye-catching colour. Honestly, go for it!

About your comments on perfection. In order for that to be true, there would have to be one person at the head of it all. To be honest, I'd agree with you more if you'd said there was a movement toward stupidity, because people do seem to be getting thicker over the years. But looks? Nah, that's just a by-product of capitalism. Capitalism is all about free trade, and things that look desirable help trade to happen.

But I'll tell you something. The brittle idea of 'the ideal look' has disappeared. Blonde is no longer what we must all aspire to. Neither is stick-thin. There are far more ideals out there of beauty, and most of us can cultivate at least one of those looks. If you don't believe me, try having confidence in the way you look and see what others make of it. Okay, okay, easier said than done. But there's truth in what I say, mark my words...

Ashiene

One day I had nothing much to do, I went to Google and random entered these terms:

"kill ugly people", "do you hate ugly people?", "hate dorks", "hate ugly people".

And what I got for my search results shocked me. I saw some threads on certain forums asking for governments or the public to round up ugly people and throw them into the slums, or cage them up and prevent them from breeding or living a normal life. There were some people who wanted to go out and kill all ugly people. The things you can find on the Internet; they show the most cruel side of people.

Kien

I hate curly hair too. I started to get it in teenage. My hair was all straight when I was a kid. I hate it.

Ashiene

If you think you're "ugly", can you compare to this?

Be glad that you're not born like this. It truly is a horrible way to live, although most victims of this condition do not live past infanthood.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicholas

The funny thing is that most people who complain they are ugly... are not ugly. So maybe the problem isn't "I am ugly", but "I think I am ugly" or "I would like to be prettier". Anyway, most thoughts are irrational anyway... like this "I hate curly hair" thing. I don't see why anyone should not like curly hair. At least I have hyperhidrosis, so I have a good excuse to complain: who likes sweaty people? No one! Wow, how happy I am! But who hates girls with curly hair? Hmm, maybe some random idiots.

GODDAMMIT Ashiene, take that fuking crap away from my eyes! I don't think it's appropriate in this forums... or any fukin where else! Sorry, I'm highly sensitive, can't stand that.

Lea

Banned
What is it, Ashiene? I just saw something similar in a book now, the children were blown up by uranium dropped on Iraq in 1991. Awfull pictures.

Cynic

One day I had nothing much to do, I went to Google and random entered these terms:

"kill ugly people", "do you hate ugly people?", "hate dorks", "hate ugly people".

And what I got for my search results shocked me. I saw some threads on certain forums asking for governments or the public to round up ugly people and throw them into the slums, or cage them up and prevent them from breeding or living a normal life. There were some people who wanted to go out and kill all ugly people. The things you can find on the Internet; they show the most cruel side of people.
That is typical of the normal population. When in packs they will attack anyone they regard as beneath them. As much as they hate us "uglies" or "wierdos" they would never want us killed because they want us kept alive as they need someone to look down their noses at and abuse.

Ashiene, could you please remove that sickening image. Yeah, some babies born in war zones are horriblly deformed from DU poisioning, but must it be shown on a thread that some of us might be visiting regularly? I think not, and there are also kids on this forum to consider too.

Lea

Banned
I don´t think it should be hidden. People should be stuck these disgusting things under their fine noses to wake up from their dreams. If everybody looks away, who is ever going to help all those powerless victims?

faithnomore

Banned
Although i feel sympathy for something awful like that. It kind of reminds me of this:
resident-evil-3-nemesis-art.JPG